Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Hands down, best brow mascara I've ever used. I was die hard for Benefit's Gimme Brow, but I like this better. Seems to volumize more dramatically, and lasts forever. Total winner. Wish it wasn't always sold out!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product!! I tried a brow gel one time from Anastasia and HATED it so I returned it to Sephora immediately. My eyebrows are naturally shaped nicely, and they're not super thin, but I wish they were thicker. I don't need to draw them into a new shape...they just need some filling in without lookin unnatural.

I wasn't sold at first because there are only 3 colors and my hair is a kind of an ashy brown, so I thought the brown color might be too red, but I gave it a shot! It's perfect! It's sheer enough for it to be able to flatter lots of different brow colors. It made my brows look super natural and feathery and thicker without looking like I drew them in. My only complaint is that if you get any stuck on a hair or on your skin outside of your brow and let it dry. But that can very easily fixed.

on 5/7/2016 4:20:00 AM

It's only an "Ok" product. I had wanted to try it after falling for the hype. I have dark and full brows already, but am loving a fuller-brow look lately. I purchased Boy Brow in brown. The product barely has any pigment, and I really don't find it any better than the other two brow gels that I've tried this year (Pixi and NYX). In fact, I actually prefer the NYX. The NYX brow gel has far more pigment and staying power...and it's cheaper.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really tried to like this but they need to improve the applicator and formula. The wand picks up way too much product and it ends up being a goopy mess on your brows if you're not careful. The brown also has a reddish tint so you shouldn't get it if you're looking for more of an espresso color. I would buy this again if they changed the wand and formula so it isn't so messy to apply.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

It's good, with some reservations...

Pros- I like how small it is and it really is a good eyebrow finishing touch. I use it to emphasize my eyebrows after I fill them in as I find I often have patchiness in them with eyebrow pencil alone. I love how the tiny brush gets really in there.

Cons- If you're looking to only use one product, this isn't it unless you already have really nice brows... I usually use a eyebrow pencil first and then top it off with boy brow. Also the applicator gunks up all the time in certain spots and get all up in your hair and you gotta delicately comb it out (perhaps the space between the bristles needs to be a smidge farther inbetween, or the bristles need to be longer- idk something)

Etc- I love how it's a pomade and not a gel, my eyebrows feel natural and not crunchy. I'll probably bounce back and forth between this and the NYX brow gel... my loyalties haven't been decided yet.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Lately I've been using Hard Candy's Brow Ink in blonde and I really love it, however it does make my brows crunchy and hard. I decided to order Boy Brow when ordering the other colors of Generatiin G and when I received my order the box was empty, which was a total bummer. I contacted their customer service and they immediately sent me a replacement and an actual person sent me an email apologizing, rather than an automated email. I totally appreciate good customer service.

I ordered the Brown color because I felt blonde might be too light for me and not give me the definition or color I'm looking for. My hair is naturally strawberry blonde at the lengths with darker medium brown roots, so for brow color I can usually pull off a darker brow anyway.
The product is small. Not gonna lie. It's about the size of a mini mascara.

It applies wonderfully. The formula is really great. It's pigmented and smooth, applies evenly and is easy to control. The Brown works amazingly well on my brows and gives them more color without being too dark or intense. It makes my brows look natural yet defined and full. This is great for me because I'm in the process of growing out my brows.
The brush is small which is perfect for brows (although not as small or thin and Hard Candy's). It is basically the same size of Benefit's. It provides a lot of control over application and allows you to comb the product through the brow instead of just coating the top.
I'm really impressed with the overall look and effect, and it doesn't make my brows hard and crunchy, yet it still allows my brows to retain the shape after it dries.

My only complaint about Boy Brow is that the wear time isn't that great. About 5 hours after applying I noticed the color had diminished to about half of what it was from applying and my brows were no longer as defined as I expected them to be. This in part is because the color had mainly wore off on the top of the brow hair. I didn't notice any flaking, so I don't know where it went, lol.
This has happened every time I use it and have ended up having to bring it with me when out for the day to do a touch up. This is why I'm only giving it 4 lippies instead of 5. That and the price for the amount of product is a little high, but that seems to be the case with Glossier's products in general (except for the concealer).

I definitely recommend it though because on a whole, it's probably the best looking and feeling brow product I've used yet.

on 4/11/2016 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Based on the reviews, I seem to be the target for this product (naturally bushy eye brows). In spite of this, I am not a fan. Why not? Because my brow hairs are also long & this doesn't hold them in place. Granted I need a wax for some of the more... quirky hairs... but I just don't understand the hype for this product when there are other tinted brow gels that do the exactly same thing, with potentially better hold, for less money.

All in all, it's not a bad product, just an average one.

on 4/11/2016 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Echoing the reviews that said this product alone will not help if you have sparse brows. Boy Brow emphasizes and thickens the individual strands of your eyebrow hairs, but won't do much if you want to actually fill in or add shape to your brows. I have thin sparse brows with barely any tails at all, and if I wear Boy Brow alone I don't see much difference. I find that it does look nice if I first fill in my brows with a pencil (I use Shu Uemura's Hard Formula) and then go over it with Boy Brow; Boy Brow gives me texture and makes my brows look more 3D if that makes sense. But the downside is that I think there is an irritating ingredient in it - I developed a small itchy patch over my right eyebrow after using it for a few days :( This has happened to me with a few of Glossier products. You'd think I would learn my lesson and stop buying, but their packaging is so damn cute . . .

on 4/5/2016 11:08:00 AM

This is probably a good product for people who naturally have thicker brows. Mine are genetically light and sparse, and this product takes a lot to build color on my brows. I also find it really messy and hard to use "in the lines;" I always need to use q-tips to clean up my brow shape. the wand picks up a lot of product that I have to wipe off on the tube.

That being said, I don't hate it and have found ways to make it work. Best results for me have been with filling my brows in with powder, then setting it with the boy brow. That combo tends to give me almost bushy looking brows which I actually really enjoy. I'm not sure if I'll eventually repurchase. $16 isn't a horrible price but the tube is quite small; it will depend on how long my tube lasts me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love Boy Brow so much. It is the best brow product I have encountered on the market. I've really enjoyed Trish McEvoy Precision Brow Shaper pencil prior to this and finished with a clear brow gel, but this is a slam-dunk two-for-one. It really defines my brows and makes them look the perfect combination of polished but still unruly. You have a lot of control with the product to determine what look you want. It's very buildable, as are all of their products. It also feels natural on- I'm not aware that I have a pomade in my brows. I have bought two more tubes, so I can have one at home, in the car, and in my travel kit!

Popular Brows Products