CLINIQUE Naturally Glossy Mascara

CLINIQUE Naturally Glossy Mascara
Clinique Naturally Glossy MascaraNaturally Glossy MascaraNaturally Glossy Mascara

4.1

water - beeswax - copernica cerifera (carnauba) wax - styrene/acrylates/ammonium methacrylate copolymer - stearic acid - pvp - acrylates copolymer - tromethamine - peg-20 sorbitan beeswax - butylene glycol - glyceryl stearate se - hydroxyethylcellulose - ethylhexylglycerin - glycerin - lecithin - nylon-12 - sodium lauryl sulfate - isostearic acid - caprylyl glycol - c11-15 pareth-7 - potassium stearate - disodium edta - phenoxyethanol - sorbic acid - chlorphenesin- [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - carmine (ci 75470) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - mica] [iln36361]; last checked 2015

on 2/4/2015 11:07:00 AM

My main beef with this mascara is that it's difficult to apply, and not dark enough. I actually really like the final look it gives: long and luscious lashes that look natural-ish. But the formula is VERY dry (and I've had a few tubes, they've all been like this if you're wondering if I got a bad batch!) and takes a while to build up, and the building up doesn't go smoothly. And like...it's just not dark enough! Lol.

However, it works for a lot of others, and the formula is very gentle -- one of the only mascaras that has absolutely never irritated my contact-wearing eyes. It doesn't flake, and wears well for most of the day. The plain silver tube is beautiful, too. 3.5 lippies.

on 2/2/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

LancĂ´me definicils is my go-to black busty mascara but im fair with light hair and sometimes want either (a) a natural look or (b) a very subtle eye with darker lip. This is THE mascara for that look! In BROWN!!! It's sooooo perfectly natural for me cause I have naturally blonde brows and lashes. But I feel I can't go without.... Or I look like the Mona Lisa lol. This makes it look like I have nice lashes. Not like drag queen lashes. Perfection. I have oily eye are and doesn't smudge... I think cause it's not super pigmented!

on 11/19/2014 7:45:00 AM

Bought this approximately a year ago at the urging of a friend who loves Clinique, and I've loved it ever since! A lot of people have commented it's not a dramatic mascara - I'd disagree a little (by my standards) - it's certainly not a natural look, but it's not crazily over the top. Probably a little bit more than I'd wear as a subdued everyday look.

This a bit pricey by my Australian standards (think it was about $35?), as I usually aim for the cheaper end of the cosmetic pool. Looks gorgeous though, simple metal tube (only complaint - it doesn't have the product name on there!!! Had to look up packaging to figure out which one this was) and more importantly looks gorgeous once applied.

Would recommend to anyone wanting a strong but not dramatic look.

on 11/4/2014 1:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of the only products I've ever actually used up entirely and immediately repurchased. It's the perfect mascara for adding a gentle, natural darkness to the lashes. Naturally Glossy will not add any drama to your eyelashes but it will enhance what's already there in a really lovely way. I got this after doing a great deal of research to replace my prior favorite mascara (Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint) and was not disappointed at all. I've purchased both Jet Brown and Jet Black and liked both equally.

Pros:
* perfect lash accentuator
* goes on smooth; no clumping
* doesn't flake throughout the day
* long-lasting
* plays well with false lashes
* cleans off easily

Cons:
* not for those who want to dramatize their lashes

on 10/4/2014 7:35:00 AM

For many years i have been fan of Helena Rubenstein lash queen. I have not though that any mascara could be on the same level. This little gloss mascara is on the same level and in some cases even better. Firstly. I love good separation, no clumps, perfect lashes, no extra volume, just giving your lashes extra wow. So so amazing. And its not feeling heavy or irritating. I guess i found my new favourite mascara. Goes perfect with fake lashes. Simply simply amazing! 11 out of 10:)

on 9/14/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Lovely mascara for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers both of which I am. I forgot how many of this little tube I've purchased through the years! Easy to remove with Bioderma Sensibio H2O. I have very long eyelashes but they drop without the help of an eyelash curler and a bit of mascara. Although Naturally Gllossy doesn't volumise a lot, it still creates a full, long look especially on second layer. It seperates lashes well, too. I use very little eye make up but when I do I try to avoid a lot of chemicals in my products. Although not a natural range as such, Clinique, I noticed uses a lot of natural ingredients in their skin care and make up. This mascara doesn't contain parabens and some other nasties I try to avoid. I like the fact that you can use it very lightly and have a very natural look. If I want want more drama, I do a few layers. If you are after really dramatic, fake eyelashes effect, this is not a good choice though. For easy removal, saturate your cotton pad with Bioderma Sensibio, press on your lashes gently, wait for a few seconds and nudge the pad a little without rubbing.

First of all I've never ever ever been able to wear mascara before! Even the higher end and natural brands make my eyes water terribly and then my lashes fall out. I didn't even try for a few years because it was just a waste of money. So this is the first mascara that goes on smooth and doesn't irritate my eyes : ) Considering that I think its definitely worth the price (13 dollars I believe) I also love that it comes in a brown. I'm very fair and don't like the look of harsh black eye products. The only thing I noticed is that my tube doesn't stand up straight on its own. I think its just my tube has a little defect on packaging. Will definitely repurchase!

on 7/25/2014 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I find this mascara to be even (minimal clumping) and long lasting, easy to apply, and good for a low-impact look - it doesn't do anything crazy, so I would describe it as a "normal but better" look.

I got this mascara as part of a gift set, and it's certainly good (doesn't smudge or fade away) but not excellent. I have very small, thin eyelashes so I tend to use a lot of mascara, and while this wand did a better job reaching all of my lashes than my go-to Maybelline Colossus, the volume was not as impressive alone. I tend to use it in conjunction with the Maybelline one for special occasions, and my lashes look more even and bigger. However, it's expensive and I certainly wouldn't be repurchasing it; I'll use that Sephora money on some glide-on pencils thank you very much.

This is my favourite mascara and I have been repurchasing this one for years. I prefer a natural look and this is perfect. Probably not the mascara for you if you are after very dramatic eyes but I find that it adds just enough definition for me for every day (though I have worn this in evening too).
One of the reason I first got this was the shade. I find black too harsh most of the time and this is available in Jet Brown which is a dark cool brown which I prefer to warmer browns when it comes to mascara.
I wear contact lenses and have sensitive eyes and never had any issues with this product. I cannot say as much for other mascaras allegedly suitable for contact lens wearers which caused irritation as soon as I applied them and went straight into the bin.
Another positive point for me is that it doesn't clump. I am always careful to scrape off excessive product before applying but this applies better than other mascaras I have tried.