MILANI Stay Put Brow Color

4.3

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

All the good reviews here make me think I got the only dud in the batch! I tried the Brunette shade and the color was fine, the texture and application were not. Maybe I'm spoiled by Anastasia Dip Brow because this in comparison was hard in texture, dry, and didn't want to stick to the places on my brow I needed it to go. Pity as I was hoping to save some $$ with a dupe but for me this was a no-go. I may try to soften it up with some mineral oil and see if it helps the texture and application. I do like the brush, though.
EDITED: bumping up to a 4, because I tried this again in a different shade, dark brown this time and the new one is completely different from the first Brunette on I tried. As in, a completely different animal. I can now see the ADB comparison; the new one is creamy, smooth and whoa-mama pigmented! Maybe too much so a light hand is necessary with the darker shade for sure. Haven't worn long enough yet to test the waterproofness or wear time but am hopefully optimistic now that the new shade seems to be like the others getting the rave reviews here.

Although this is not as good as ABH's dipbrow It is is waaaay better than Nyx's tame and frame version of it that applied very patchy and definitely was not waterproof despite its claims. I think milani's version is much better and thicker which results in more pigment to which is obviously a good thing. The brush that it came with is actually really good and I like that the spoolie on the end is smaller for more blending precision. I got it in brunette and really like it thus far and found that it actually did live up to It's claim with being waterproof as it lasted me through an intense workout session and didn't even budge. Overall I would say that this is definitely a good product. And a decent substitute If you're looking for something similar to the dipbrow but don't want to spend as much.

on 4/1/2016 2:19:00 PM

My friend got me this a while ago from states but only few days ago I tested.

It's a perfect dupe for Anastasia Beverly Hills!!!! Stays all day, doesn't transfer (unless you're rubbing like there's no tomorrow), the brush is PERFECT and its really easy to apply.

I wish I could repurchase this somewhere in Australia as I do not think we can buy it here, just over the internet.

All in all - I'm not gonna use my brow pencils anymore, I'm a happy converter :)

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am so glad I read the good reviews on MUA about this product. I have only used Smashbox and Anastasia brow products in the past. This is an exceptional product. It is easy to use, the brush that comes with it is also very good and it lasts all day. I have this in the shade taupe which does not have any red tones in it. My hair is a natural auburn color but my brows are a mix of blonde, soft golden brown and black. Everything about this product is perfect for me. I used the instructions on the back of the package to apply and was very pleased after my first use with how well my brows looked. It is a great price, paraben free, nice packaging, great brush and great formula. Just fantastic.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I bought medium brown and brunette 2 weeks ago. Milani is not available in the Philippines so I had to rely on online shops and they sell them for $10. Expensive!!!

As for the product themselves, color is ok for me. I cant see any red tinge on brunette and medium brown is ok for my sparse brows. I have medium skin By the way. I love the colors and I plan to get the dark brown color today!!! Lol (just cant stop)

As for thhe consistency, I think I received a defective product. When I opened medium brown, it was so soft. And exactly the consistency that I expect from a pomade. When I opened brunette from its package, i found that the cap was not tightly sealed. I dont know how air got in the sealed package but it did and my brunette was so so dry! It's so dry that brunette literally shrink from the pot. i could scoop the whole product with just a small stick! I knew that that was not how it should be. But I just couldn't throw it out since iy was expensive. I just put some vitamin e oil and mix it with the product and it is as soft as the medoum brown. But it was messy.

Staying power is fantastic!!!! I live in a very humid place and I have oily skin but my brows are on flick throughout the whole day! This is the first product that stayed put all day for me. I set this with my Essence clear brow gel. I also wore this when I went on vacation last week. I went caving, swimming and walked under the sun. All of my makeup were gone except for this!

I recommend this product if you dont want to spend more money for ABH. Im buying this when I go thw the US. Since it is cheaper there. And I'm going to hoard!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I was disappointed with this. I was hoping to find an alternative to Anastasia Dipbrow but this isn't it. The shade range is very limited especially for cool tones. I also found that it really didn't stick to my skin well. I have several bald patches on my brows from over zealous plucking and I couldn't get this to stick. Tried with and without primer but still didn't work well. Staying with Dipbrow even considering the $$$.

on 12/27/2015 11:32:00 PM

This is the best brow product ever. I have tried Anastasia, Lancome, E.L.F, Two Faced, MAC, and almost everything else out there and this is by far the best product for a lot less money. It also comes with a great brush. I love love this!

on 12/6/2015 12:08:00 AM

So, I'm a die-hard Anastasia fan but for whatever reason, I've never been completely sold on the dipbrow. I bought this stuff because it came with a brush, and I was going on vacation and didn't want to bring my nice stuff Incase I lost it.

My immediate thought was.... Holy crap. Why have I been spending so much money on products, when this one is 10x better? The brush gave me precision that I've never had before, and the color was the only one I've found that actually matches my blond hair. I used to think my brows were just a lost cause, but the combination of the gel and the brush actually makes them look perfect.

on 11/21/2015 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Wow, wow and more wow! I had been using e.l.f. brow powder in light (I'm blonde), and it's OK, does the job reasonably well. But after reading the raves about Milani's Stay Put Brow Color, I decided to give it a try. Well, I'm happy to say this one is IT! Following Milani's suggestion, I bought 02, Taupe, which they recommend for blondes. Perfect color, less ashy than all the brow powders I've tried. Also, the little double-ended brush/spoolie is perfect--the brush is angled, narrow and stiff, perfect for picking up just a bit of the cream and brushing it on in light strokes. The spoolie does its job well, and it's so convenient to have a double-ended brush for this purpose.

I will definitely re-purchase but don't imagine I'll need to for a good long while because you only need a very little bit of color to get the effect you want.

Bravo, Milani!

on 11/10/2015 5:48:00 AM

Loooooooove this stuff!!!!! I bleached my hair blonde and didn't wanna fish out the money to get another dipbrow or powder. This works just as good or even better IMO.