essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect

essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect
Lash Princess False Lash EffectLash Princess False Lash EffectLash Princess False Lash Effect

3.7

AQUA (WATER), CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), PARAFFIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITIC ACID, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, POLYBUTENE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, STEARIC ACID, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE, POLYESTER-4, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TOCOPHEROL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
[Discontinued in some countries.]
essence reviews, photos and discussion

on 9/26/2016 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't really like this mascara because it smudges so much. my HG mascara, covergirl lash bloom smudges a BIT but this is just crazy smudgy. The smell is also pretty bad, and i don't really like bristle brushes. After this I'm going to go back to trying rubber brushes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm a big fan of cheap makeup that gets good results. This fits the bill.
As others have said, this mascara is a bit on the 'wet' side, but as you use it, it gets a bit thicker.
I haven't noticed any major clumping. I prefer more natural looking mascaras, with lengthening rather than volumizing effects - this mascara gives you a bit of both.
I've got really oily eyelids, and this stuff stays put once it's dry. It's not difficult to remove at the end of the day (you do need a makeup remover), but it doesn't flake or smudge on me through normal wear.
The cap has a rubberized design on it, so it feels like you get a more secure grip on the wand when you're applying it.

It's a great mascara- it gives a false lash effect indeed. It's not clumpy and doesn't flake. BUT it smudges like crazy. 15 minutes after application I ended up with raccoon eyes. The price is great, and I think it's the best of all essence mascaras I've tried- though all of them smudged.

I can see why people might like this. But it's more on the wet side. Which is why I don't like it. It takes a bit longer to dry and clumps up my lashes. I might leave the cap off for a bit to let it dry out and see how it performs.

If you like wet mascaras then this is HG for you.

on 9/3/2016 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This mascara is okay for me, I just wish it was waterproof or more smudge-proof. It gives me a lot of volume and builds up itself really well, I've never have clumping trouble or spider lashes with it. But on the down side, it weights my lashes down and doesn't hold a curl as well. I have the holy trinity of oily-hooded-monolids, so it smudges on me pretty badly. I'm not that upset about the smudges, I can clean that up easily, and for me smudging is still better than flaking. Nothing doesn't smudge on me though, let's get that clear. I have never ever had a mascara not smudge on me, I've accepted my fate and don't expect to ever find one. For a non-waterproof mascara, it doesn't smudge as bad at some of the waterproof ones I had at all. I can definitely feel it on my lashes, but it's not that heavy unless I build it up, my lashes aren't dry and crunchy, they still feel nice and soft. I can touch them and even rub my eyes lightly with a dry, clean hand and it doesn't come off very easily. Overall it's a very comfortable mascara to wear. Even though it isn't waterproof, it's surprisingly water resisting. I wore this in light sprinkle of rain a few times, or in times my eyes water when I get sleepy, and it held up really well. Another thing it's SUPER GIGA black, it's the blackest darkest mascara I've ever owned, it really helps with adding volume to the lashes. I can really see how black it is if I try to wash it off with just water, so much black comes off that I'd have a thick ring of black smudge around my eyes. Water alone doesn't remove it though, but this is by no means a hard to remove mascara. Hold a cotton pad soaked in micellar water up to my eyes in 10 seconds and it comes clean off. The brush could have been better, I have small eyes and fine lashes, but I can still reach all of my lashes with it. I really appreciate the very long brush as well as the handle, my hands are clumsy and I have bad eye sight, I can look at myself properly in the mirror without my hand so close to my face obstructing the view. The packaging is super cute, some people say the twirls remind them of a corset, but frankly the black tube and the heart reminds me so much of the Majora's mask in Zelda, in both a slightly creepy and adorable kind of way lol.
To help with the smudging, I try to avoid putting it on the lashes in the outer corner of my eyes. It really does smudge a lot less when I remember to do that, I still get the volume and the length that I love with very minimal smudging. If you don't have oily lids and don't live somewhere so hot and humid, I think this mascara would work great for you, even for the folks with watery eyes, since it's quite water resistant.
I really enjoy it, but I'm still on the fence about a repurchase, mainly because it's not waterproof. The weather where I live is fickle, I just don't feel safe with non-waterproof mascara. If nothing better comes along, I guess I will keep to this one, although I will have to keep an eye on the daily weather forecast.
Update: I top this mascara off with the Max Factor 2000 Calories Waterproof, and they're an invincible duo! My lashes are phenomenally voluminised and lengthened by the Lash Princess, and are protected, waterproof, smudge-proof and holds the curl by the 2000 Calories! I still have to avoid the lashes in the corner of my eyes, but as long as I do that, my lashes look good all day. I've been in the rain, napped, rubbed my eyes, had teary allergy-induced eyea, and my mascara doesn't move. They're not too stiff and poke me in the eyes either. Needless to say, I'll forever repurchase these two!

I am in love with this mascara. It does an amazing job on making my lashes beautiful. Went to our family cottage and forgot my makeup bag there (7hour drive) and this was the first item I just HAD to replace.

on 7/28/2016 3:06:00 PM

This stuff is AMAZING!

Pros:
Super Lengthening
No flaking
Fool proof; truly easy to apply
Budget friendly!!!

Cons:
Takes a little longer than other mascaras to dry - very wet formula
If it gets wet it will smudge, and I'm pretty sure there's no waterproof version

I hunted this down after reading reviews somewhere else and I found it at my local Super Target for $2.99 + tax. Man oh man is this stuff awesome. I like to think of myself as a variant shopper in that I use drugstore products if possible but I'll splurge on higher end items every now and then. I'm probably not going to buy a different mascara for the foreseeable future. The pros outweigh the cons - and this is the ONLY mascara that I've had compliments on. My lashes are long and fanned out when I wear this, like really long. Truly gives s false lash effect, and who doesn't appreciate that? If you're on the fence about it I say give it a shot. The price is right and if anything this mascara is wet and it layers well over different mascaras. I've tried it with three of my other ones and they all lengthen out when I put this on top. Amazing product!

Very good value, easy to get in the US through Ulta and I'm told some Targets. About $5 USD. I got actual compliments on my eyelashes from coworkers while wearing this (AND I wear glasses) however, the formula is really wet and while it is jet black when I take off my makeup I am left with raccoon eyes the next morning. That's after makeup remover and face wash. I am also freaked out by the fact it doesn't have a safety seal or even a box but that may just be the overly cautious American in me. I'm told safety seals are less common in Europe - this is a German product.

on 5/11/2016 8:00:00 PM

My favorite mascara right now. It is very wet, and lengthens more than any other mascara that I've tried. If you don't like wet mascaras, you won't like this. Inexpensive and super cute packaging.

on 5/1/2016 8:38:00 PM

First off let me say I love Essence makeup. They're easily one of my favourite makeup brands. I own almost the whole collection. This is one of the few products from Essence that didn't work for me. It is a VERY wet formula. Once applied it usually hits my eyelid making a mess. Way to much product comes out on the wand and I have to scrape off all the excess. It makes my lashes clump together and I have to use a lash comb to get them separated. Now it does make my lashes very long and gives a nice false look, so it does do what it claims but at what cost? I mean I like the false look but I don't like having to clean up my eyeshadow after this transfers. It also flakes. Therefore I wouldn't repurchase this mascara or recommend it