Arbonne Entire Line

Arbonne Entire Line

3.1

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My dear friend is a consultant, so I got the Intelligence line to support her - the selling points are great, of course. My skin has not ever broken out this bad! I am so disappointed. I think it's the daily/nightly moisturizer and/or the exfoliating thermal mask. Anyways, I am still using the eye cream and cleanser. Because I love my friend, I probably won't return the products. But...I won't be purchasing them again. I'll be spending my next fortune going to the dermatologist to clear this damage up. Oh, also, the cleanser bottle leaks everywhere.

on 7/27/2006 12:49:00 PM

I recently tried the Arbonne Intelligence Skin Care for a friend who sells. I liked it so much I switched from Philosophy.

My skin is uber sensitive. I get rashes, hives, and breakouts from product. In a month, I have had no problems with Arbonne. My skin feels very comfortable and protected after I use the Arbonne Intelligence. This is basic skin care, and if I need a treatment I will mix an essential oil with the day/night cream. It works very well for me.

I am also impressed that it is highly concentrated. A little tiny bit really does go a long way. I think my set will last at least 4 months at the current rate.

My favorite product is the thermal fusion mask. Wow! It helped with my hyperpigmentation a lot, and my skin has a lovely glow for about 3 days after I use it. I suggest hooking up with an Arbonne lady just to try and buy the mask, even if you aren't interested in anything else.

on 6/10/2006 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

WAY overpriced and it made my skin break out. Also, as others have noted, I don't care for this company's strategy of selling their wares by putting down other companies and their products. Will definitely NOT buy another thing from this line.

Arbonne is an American product! It's formulated in Switzerland, but MADE in the USA- in California! People get hung up on made in the USA, look in your clothing, not much is made here anymore from cars to clothes. Arbonne is not for everyone or every type of skin, but its doing wonders for my family and friends. However, some of their products do work better for different individuals. You have to give them a try before you can ditch the whole line.

on 5/10/2006 3:26:00 PM

I do NOT like the fact that this particular product:
1. Is not "American" Well, I don't.
2. Bad-mouths other cosmetic lines. Big no-no, not classy to do that.

I get a very negative vibe from the company as far as philosphies go...

on 5/3/2006 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love Arbonne Products. I recently tried the Mineral Powder Foundation - and am not happy. They used a filler called bismuth oxychloride which causes really bad irratation. Here is some more info:

Basically: Companies use this in their cosmetics because it is cheap to buy and is an inexpensive filler. It does have binding qualities, so the makeup will "stick" to your skin, so to speak. There are other products that are just as effective at adhesion, and are better for your skin. Because of its molecular make up, it is often viewed as shiny or pearlescent. It is often sold in these two varieties. This makes it highly refractive, which is something companies want. Refraction will camouflage fine lines, wrinkles and discolorations. If you use a brand with bismuth oxychloride you'll notice a shiny look after applying the makeup. Not like oiliness, but almost shimmery. That's the bismuth oxychloride.

It's a very heavy element, which makes it difficult for many people to wear. It has to be forced into the pores (hence the buffing technique) otherwise it is capable of sliding off the wearer's face. The heaviness can result in clogged pores or irritated skin. Bismuth oxychloride often feels silky and not rough when rubbed between the fingers. Mineral makeup companies that do not use it have a lighter feeling makeup that usually blends into the skin better and with less effort.

Its molecular makeup is a crystalline shape, which may be a cause of the itchiness some women get when they wear it. Many women experience noticeable itching when they sweat. Don't forget it is also kin to arsenic, chemically. Your body will reject things it does not like, and if you'll get sick from ingesting arsenic, it would make sense that your skin would get irritated from having arsenic forced into it.

So, if you find you're experiencing some problems with your current mineral makeup and it contains bismuth oxychloride, you may want to consider switching brands. Many women experience skin irritation when using mineral makeup and don't know why. It's likely that bismuth oxychloride is the reason.

For more info on Bismuth: http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Starner1.html.

on 4/1/2006 6:23:00 PM

Recently, I went to an Arbonne party...I was so skeptical because all of these things sound the same. I am an inpulse buyer as well, so I kept my purse in the car, just so I wouldn't be tempted to buy anything. I went home that night with a sample kit of the Basic line for oily skin (because that is seriously what I have...I mean, it's dripping by like...11 o'clock) and three samples of the Thermal Enzyme Mask.
I was really excited, having seen all of the pictures of the good results everyone has had with Arbonne. So, I went home and used it immediately. That was a month ago.
Since then, I have had numerous compliments on my skin every day. I have always had breakout skin, not so much disgusting as annoying. I purchased the entire Basic Skin Care line for Oily skin and I use it religously. I cleanse twice in the morning, probably more out of habit because I was using Dermalogica before..., and twice at night. Then I follow by using the Thermal Fusion Enzyme Mask every other night.
I have never had beautiful skin and now that I do...My skin is complexion is smooth and evenly toned and acne free. I love Arbonne and recommened this to everyone :)

on 1/19/2006 11:48:00 PM

First, I will share that I love Arbonne. I have had horribly sensative skin and acne prone skin my whole life and completely turned down the initial offer to even try the product. Well, here I am several months later getting compliments on having beautiful skin which previously was not part of my life. Not only does my skin look better but my overall whole appearance is better and I feel better too since using the shake and supplements. Overall, I use the Basic skin care line, the cosmetics, the supplements, protein shake, shampoo and conditioner, body care, baby care on my kids and my husband uses the men's anti-aging. This may seem like alot and I have tried just about it all but no one pressured me to buy. I slowly but surely added and redirected my spending when things would run out. I have had to return a couple things that didn't agree with my face and it was a no questions asked, quick, friendly experience. I will add that I did have to adjust in the beginning since I was used to using products that were much more stripping so Arbonne gave my face a slight dewy feel and a glowing appearance. It didn't take long for me to recognize that my face was just becoming healthy again.

Everything is very concentrated and lasts much longer than what I was previously using. When I did the math, since I was replacing my Arbonne less frequently...it was less expensive.

Also to address this issue, Arbonne does not make claims to be "all natural"...they claim to be a product line that is based on herbal and botanical principles. Come on people, don't bash a company due to the lack of knowledge from the consultant. If you don't have a good consultant than do your own research, Arbonne's website is great and you can always email them and they will respond quickly. If you still don't understand the benefits involved than maybe it is just not for you and that's OK. Otherwise, there would be one line and one line only. No need to be bitter.

on 1/11/2006 2:56:00 AM

These products seem very overpriced to me. They didn't do anything noticeable for my skin that drugstore products haven't done just as well. I've also used products that actually were all-natural that worked better and were much less expensive than similar Arbonne products. The reps I've talked to seem to know very little about the products they are selling. I was very disappointed.

on 10/10/2005 10:03:00 PM

I tried Arbonne's basic skincare line and my face felt good and the product smelled good. The only problem is, they claim to be "all natural" and they are not. Yes, they do have some good ingredients in their products, but they also have "bad" synthetic ingredients as well. Methylparaben is very bad for your skin. My daughter breaks out if I use anything with methylparaben in it, which 95% of lotions contain this. This is a very harsh chemical that Arbonne uses in some of their products. Most companies boast about how they use natural products, such as lavender, aloe vera, etc. They also highlight how they don't test on animals and they don't use mineral oil. Okay, that's great. But what about all those other ingredients that you can't pronounce and they don't talk about. Do the research on each of the ingredients and you will find they are not so natural. So, if you are looking for truly 100% pure and natural products, Arbonne is not for you.

Popular Face Skincare Products