Arbonne Entire Line

Arbonne Entire Line

3.1

Not tested on animals

on 3/25/2008 5:22:00 PM

I sold Arbonne for several years and loved the product especially the re9 line. I left the business for other reasons..anyway I am always questionable when I read people experience burning on their face after using it. There isn't anything in it to make your skin burn. I have highly sensitive skin that is combination and it worked like a dream for me. Fact is it is very expensive even with a consultant discount yes but it does work and it is amazing! I often wonder if people just don't want to spend the money or if they feel bad for buying it (buyers remorse for alot of money spent). Not alot of people can afford it. There are some Arbonne products I'm not overly fond of but the Re9 is so advanced and feels wonderful!!

on 2/29/2008 9:08:00 AM

I bought into the "guilt" part of this line .I feel badly now that I even had a party and invited people to buy this stuff! I bought the RE9 kit(along with other makeup items), was told it was going to be good for my acne/sensitive skin. It made it worse. After the "45days" was up it still just sat in my cabinet and I figured I was just out $200 BUT my dh urged me to contact the sales rep and tell her how upset I was with them. I did, and she took back the products gave me the acne care line(which I DO like alot, but for the $ I can buy OTC products that are just as good) a good basic moisturizer and some oil.
I had no reactions to them at all, however I will not repurchase or encourage anyone else to. Thankfully I had a great rep that even though could be very pushy(tried to get me to sell this at our salon,etc.) was very understanding with the return(s).

I don't sell Arbonne either, but a friend does and gives me everything at wholesale, so that's a plus. As far as the products, I have been using the RE9 line for about 4 years, and I love it, especially the eye cream. With many skin care products, they seem to "top out" after some time of use, and do not seem to be as effective. Not the case with Arbonne.

I've had a similar experience to many of the ladies here. My coworker sells Arbonne, and she gave me the sales pitch (incidentally, I think it is very unprofessional to push your products at your job), which I found annoying. For the sake of shutting her up and because the whole thing made me uncomfortable, I bought one product, a teeny-tiny bottle of "all natural" baby oil for $20. I also got the speech about mineral oil being bad. While the product wasn't horrible, it was just oil. I could have bought twice as much of any vegetable oil for half the price, and I probably could have bought a gallon of the dreaded mineral oil (which I've been using after my bath since I was a teenager without any of the horrifying effects Arbonne warns about).

I find this type of sales tactic (parties, selling to friends and coworkers) extremely irritating, and its even worse when the products are lousy and overpriced. Home sales in general suck, but at least Avon has good, low priced products and they don't have hard sells or parties. I can't imagine that these ladies are making enough money on their commissions to make alienating those around them worth it. Its bad enough when housewives do it, but when women with decent paying jobs bring this crap to work, its really annoying and pathetic, it feels like begging.

on 2/29/2008 12:07:00 AM

As far as organic lines go, you'd be so much better off buying something from Nutrimetics or Skin Fresh Beauty Bar.
Yes, they are both against parabens, etc, but they are much friendlier about it, and make natural, effective products.

I completely agree with "rpgoodwin" below. I have never met more pushy salespeople in my life and it's a complete turn-off to their (mediocre) products.

on 2/28/2008 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have a friend/co-worker who sells this line. I had never heard of it, but within a day of meeting her, all she seemed to talk about was Arbonne. I mean, to the point that I was concerned that she didn't care about being my friend at all, but really just wanted to sell me Arbonne stuff. Every single time we were together, the conversation turned to Arbonne and how miraculous their products were. She also went on to basically state that all other skincare and makeup are crappy and unsafe. She says mineral oil/petrolatum are bad, other makeup has unnatural ingredients...etc etc. It is all a bit much. I don't appreciate being scared into buying a product. Not to mention the constant parties focusing on different lines they sell. And the meetings about joining Arbonne you will constantly be invited to.
As for the products, I have been guilted into buying hand cream and a thermal face mask. The hand cream is nothing special and the mask is truly a nightmare- it left my face bright red and itchy. I have also sampled the NutriMin C skincare line and the Intelligence skincare line- they're nice and I'm sure they're effective, but they are nearly $200 for one set of products. Way overpriced. Oh, I also bought a bag of "weight loss chews" that are rubbery and revolting.
The bottom line on Arbonne is that they use aggressive (read: annoying) sales tactics, try to make you afraid to use other products that have mineral oil or "unnatural" ingredients, and talk crap about all other makeup/skincare lines. It's a total scam meant to make the rep lots of money. The products aren't horrible, but they are SO NOT WORTH the amount of money they are sold for. I guarantee you that any product you like from Arbonne will have an equal if not better counterpart that is not as expensive. If a friend/coworker/acquaintance is pressuring you to buy, please don't feel like you have to buy if you don't want to!!! I'm telling you it isn't worth it. I personally don't think you have to buy a bunch of crappy products to prove you are someone's friend.

on 2/28/2008 6:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried several Arbonne products; I didn't like any of them. but that does not mean the whole line is crappy. What I don't like is the way they train their salespeople; their theory is "ask everyone you ever run across to buy your stuff and keep hounding them until they buy something just to shut you up". Also, they claim to be "all-natural botanical" etc.etc. but their products use the same ingredients as everyone else, like parabens, fillers, etc., they just throw in some extracts of horsetail or nettle root or something at the end of the ingredient list. I can also tell you this is NOT a good choice for the sensitive-skinned; the RE9 line broke me out in enormous cysts and it took three months and many phone calls to get my money back; the salt scrub left my legs a red, rashy, itchy mess. I know many people who are using and selling this line and are very happy with it, and that's great, but I have friends whom I dread seeing now because I know I'm going to get pushed to buy products, host a party, become a seller, and on and on...

on 2/28/2008 2:10:00 PM

I attended my first Arbonne party. I went with an open mind. I have 3 children, one of them 7years old, has been on steriod creams/ointments since she was 8 weeks old for severe excema. I am always looking for something new for her to try and pray one day something works. Her excema is so bad that her hands are always very cracked and peeling and swollen. She is very embarrassed to have people hold her hands. So I looked for Arbonne to be her relief. While I was at this party, the consultant was constantly bashing other products and having to look at her manual on what to say. She claims she has sold Arbonne for 3+ years. During her presentation, I asked about excema, she said this is the "BEST" product out there for that. My daughter was at the party withme, so I had her try a lotion on her hands. After 5 mins of having this lotion on her hands were so red, my daughter was in tears. She did not say anything, she was being a trooper. I looked at her and asked whats wrong, "she said my hands hurt really bad, they itch, I want to wash this off" I got up in the middle of the party, ran her to the bathroom and washed her hands with her soap that I carry and put her lotion on. I did not order anything from that party, but the consultant was being very pushy. She held my infant at the party and noticed that he has a few rough spots. She told me she was going to mail me samples of their BabyCare products. I recieved them in the mail. I read her letter she enclosed and followed her instructions for my infant. I rinsed him really well, then washed him with the baby hair and body wash. After his bath, I put the baby lotion on his body and the herbal baby diaper rash on his bottom. I dressed him in long sleeves and long pants. It was about 2 hours later, that he was so irritable. I could do nothing to calm him down, so I said to myself, let me change his diaper and hold him skin to skin, that normally works for him. When I pulled his pants off to change his diaper, I wanted to scream; his legs, body and arms were so red and patchy. His rough spots had increased, and he was miserable. You could tell they had to be itching and he had no clue what to do at the age of 5 months old. I rinsed him and washed him in DOVE, and put a lotion on him called Udderly Smooth. He still has a few rough spots, but he looks so much better and his skin looks like it does not itch. His rough spots you cant even see now, you have to feel for them. I would not recommend this product to anyone with sensitive skin. If you have someone in your family with severe excema I would stay away from Arbonne. It may work for many people, but it is not for those with senstive skin. Please ask your consultant for samples before putting out all that money. Very expensive products.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love these products! I've been using it for about two years now and my skin looks better than I ever thought it could. Let's just get this out of the way. I do *not* sell arbonne. A friend of mine does. She's not pushy about it at all and has never tried to talk me into selling it. I feel like I'm getting a pretty good deal on the products. Actually, I think these products are priced very reasonably considering how long they last. I use the Nutrimin RE9 skin care line and the Intelligence thermal enzyme mask. I have very dry sensitive skin. It's extremely hard for me to find products that don't make my face burn, itch, flake (seriously! like dandruff) or break out in a rash or pimples. It did seem like a lot of steps at first, but I don't care, it only takes a few minutes anyway. It doesn't take long to get into an easy routine. I love the RE9 packaging because the pump dispenses just the little tiny bit needed, it really does go a long way and last a long time for me. (One full-size set has lasted me two years and they still aren't empty.) I don't do the whole routine twice a day, though, sometimes not even every day. But I use the wash and the creams (day and night) almost every day. I've tried a lot of products for sensitive skin, which are usually fragrance free, and so many of them have an unpleasant smell. These Arbonne products smell pleasant enough or have no smell at all. My skin was so bad before, I was using a prescription steroid cream. Talk about expensive products! Anyway, I was able to stop using it because my skin is doing so much better now. I don't even go to the dermatologist any more! Of course RE9 won't work for everybody, but arbonne has two or three other lines formulated completely differently. It took a while for my skin to get used to this. I learned a long time ago that my skin freaks out whenever I tried something new, and I learned I had to give it a little time before giving up on it. So if it does make you break out at first, that doesn't mean something's wrong with the product. Same is true for any skin care product, especially good ones that pull all the gunk out of your pores that had been left behind by whatever product you were using before. As for the makeup, it's worth mentioning that most of the makeup line (About Face) was completely re-formulated in 2007. I've used only a few of those products, but I'm very happy with what I've tried, especially the loose mineral powder foundation. I never had much luck with foundation before, for the reasons stated above. Some postings here mention a lack of information about ingredients. I just checked the arbonne website and can't find details, which is disappointing. But I know they have documentation that goes into great detail about the ingredients, I guess you have to ask a rep for help with that. Last point I want to make is that they have a 45 day money-back guarantee. So if you try it and it isn't right for you, you can get a full refund.