Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is awful! I have tried all kinds of high end and drug store foundations and this is something i would not repurchase. I received a sample from Sephora and that's all it took for me. This was very shiny and i only have combination skin...it didn't stay on at all and by the end of the day i looked like i had stuck my face in oil and had worked out all day. Im 35 and i age pretty well. This didnt stick in my lines bad but you could definitely see them more then usual. I will stick with my E.L. DW!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried this out as a sample and as part of a Sephora makeover. I was in the shade almond and I was quite impressed at their shade range and the colour match. I liked it initially as the coverage is really nice. It covered most of my acne scars and redness in one layer. It looked really seamless and blended. The artist set it with lock-it powder and setting spray.
This was for an evening event so it wasn't on for more than 5 hours. Within that time, it got very very greasy (I did have oily pre-accutane skin at the time) and creased. It also transferred like crazy to where I could basically wipe it off. I looked like a mess with a foundation mask on. I wanted to love it so much (I even asked specifically for it) but it just wasn't for me.

on 8/3/2017 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have an oily and acne-prone skin. Before buying this product everyone was saying how this is a great foundation for oily skin and how its full coverage - however, this is not true. The coverage is light to medium and for a person who has acne scars this won't do the trick - I usually use two foundations everytime I use this one. After a while, your makeup starts to melt off even if you put a setting spray (I use Urban Decay all-nighter).

I believe that this foundation would look good on people who have dry skin because it does its job but not for people who have oily skin that has acne scars to cover up!

This is an amazing foundation. Im an nc20 and I use the shade light beige - it matches my skin perfectly.
The coverage, for me at least, is full (althought I have to mention I have pretty good skin - I don't have pimples, wrinkles or large pores, and my skin type is normal). It is buildable tho, for those with problematic skin.
It is very very lightweight, leaving the skin with a fresh, radiant finish, without feeling like you have any foundation on. It also looks very natural - you can't notice you have a full covered face. Guess that explains the name.
I love this foundation and I would repurchase. I'm a makeup artist so I will buy more shades to add to my professional kit.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Absolutely love this foundation, its perfect for dry skin and so easy to blend out. Covers imperfections and leaves a lovely dewy finish. Onmy third bottle!

on 7/13/2017 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

So, I like this foundation a lot. This may be due to a few things:

1) I have dry/very dry skin. It is very hydrating and sits on my skin beautifully. For me, it also looks better as the day goes on. More natural and a little dewy. Because of this, I'm not sure how well it would work for those with combination to oily skin, but I could be wrong!

2) I find that if I really pay attention to the ingredients in my other face products, the foundation looks smooth and flawless all day. If I use any silicone or oil-heavy skincare or primers with the foundation, it breaks up and starts to slide off my face within a few hours. Switching to water-based products drastically improved the wear time and look/feel of the foundation on my skin. The foundation also seems, for me, to perform better when set with a talc-free powder. This may be a fluke, but I suspect that it does make a difference.

I love the medium coverage, the satin finish, and how it wears on me throughout the day. I use less concealer when I wear this. No real detectable scent for me, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

My main gripe is the color selection. I'm in the shade Swan and it just barely works for me because of how yellow-toned it is. I'm also so pale that there is no way I'd be able to wear a shade besides Swan. The price is high, but I can live with it since I've decided to only splash out on foundations that really work well for me.

Overall, this feels nice on my skin, looks natural and radiant, and I look forward to applying it daily.

on 7/8/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hands down the best foundation I've ever used. It does not look cakey at all, lasts all day, did not oxidise on me, and it truly does give a natural born-this-way finish. I love love love the coconut scent of this and the shade Warm Beige is a perfect match for my Asian skin tone. I have received so many compliments when wearing this foundation. Even a stranger on the train asked me what foundation I was wearing because she really liked how it looked!

However, I have noticed it tends to melt around my nose after a few hours, but it doesn't bother me too much because everything else about this product is great.

I have oily skin so I set this with the MAC Blotting Powder and finish off with a spritz of Urban Decay's De-Slick setting spray to keep the foundation looking matte all day long.

on 7/3/2017 8:50:00 AM

I bought this in the beginning of May for prom because I had heard a lot of great things about it on Youtube and I was so excited to try it. At first it worked great. It matched my skin and applying it was amazing. It looked so smooth and I thought I had found my holygrail foundation. (don't worry, my prom makeup looked great and i didn't have any issues with it until after prom lol) I started noticing that it was looking a little cakey and that the color was now turning into more of an orangey color after about an hour or so. I would look ridiculous. It was oxidizing and I'm pissed. I think for the price you pay for this, you shouldn't have that issue. If it didn't oxidize then I wouldn't have a price issue but that's not the case. I won't be repurchasing this if it runs out, not that it will because I probably won't be using it anymore.

on 6/29/2017 9:20:00 AM

O.M.G.! At last! I have finally found a foundation that actually looks like I have no foundation on at all! Seriously! Plus: the colour (Pearl) is a perfect match! This formula is very versatile - described as medium to total coverage, it can be used as a sheer by going sparingly. It is thin & so that is easy to do. I love the consistency, being not a fan of heavy thick foundations. Worth the price - a little goes a long way. I am a huge fan of Too Faced! Thank you!

on 6/29/2017 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this. I liked the colour match (Pearl) and I loved it on the MUA who served me. She had great coverage. I have very dry skin and it oxidises and wears off patchily, and looks especially bad on my nose, which is random. I tried a few primers but no success. This seems to be a foundation with really inconsistent results for people, so try a sample first.