Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely adore this foundation. As someone with dry skin, I find it pretty hard to find reasonably budget friendly foundations that actually look like SKIN and give a dewey look - this foundation ticked all the boxes for me. It kept on getting more glowy as the day went on and all my co workers (I work in a cosmetics store) thought it looked fantastic and purchased it for themselves. I can see how on someone with an oilier skin it may get a bit too shiny, but it's so nice that brands are starting to cater more to people who aren't after that heavy, matte look. LOVE IT (ps I got the shade light beige which is a good shade for me when I have a very light layer of fake tan on)

on 10/25/2015 9:36:00 PM

Ugh. I waited for months for the lighter shades to come out before I bought this. I ordered it in the shade "snow". What a disappointment. This foundation is NOTHING special for the $39 price tag. Just sits on my skin and emphasizes dry spots and fine lines. Save your money.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this foundation because of all the hype in YouTube and Instagram. And my first through was: I hate it... I thought it looked amazing in indoor lighting and from a small distance, but up close and in day light it looks awful! I have very dry skin with lots of dry patches, and it exaguaded every one of them, plus made my peach fuzz way more visible than normal.

I thought about throwing it away, until I tried mixing it with a little bit of bb cream. This makes it SO MUCH better! I still get a good medium coverage, and a beautiful dewy finish, but without the dry patches and peach fuzz! Everyone who said they didn't like it, should try this trick!

I have also tried using this as an under eye concealer. I have very dark undereyes. This works amazing for covering them us!

I love the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation! I love the pink packaging of the box and how pretty the container is! I love that it has a pump and a lid on top of it (great for traveling). It is definitely not the most expensive foundation, but is also not the cheapest. I will definitely be using this a lot!

on 8/28/2015 10:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love this foundation. Almost HG. Perfect for dry skinned people. It makes your skin glow. Has great coverage with looking naturally. Had to give 4 stars because even with dry skin it got slightly oily! Still beautiful product will purchase when I'm out

on 8/27/2015 12:08:00 PM

I ordered this product from Sephora, and I live in England, that's probably the best indicator that I was both that excited and desperate to get my hands on it. It promised that it looked like your skin, blurred out imperfections and was just an all good coverage foundation. Well, will it look like your skin? No. Like many other foundations that claim to look like your skin, it doesn't, it looks like foundation. People will know you're wearing foundation. So if you're on the market for something natural with coverage, try a good BB cream. Will this blur out imperfections? Yes, it is medium coverage, it's going to cover some imperfections. Does it cover well? If you have dry patches or pimples, it will probably cake in that area, and could draw attention to it. Is it a good foundation? I've had better. When I applied this, it was almost as if I had just bought a foundation from the drugstore, I'm not going to lie I was disappointed. If I'm spending nearly 30 pounds on foundation, compared to 15 pound bb cream that covers and looks like my skin, i'm not going to be very happy.

Will I buy this again, nope. Will I keep wearing it? Yes and only because i'm not going to let it go to waste. To not be too cynical on this review, it looks nice in dim lights, or the dark, so if you're going to a club, a special dinner or just late night events, this would be quite nice. BUT if it is the summer, beware, this is the brightest and harshest lighting and people will see the foundation on your skin, the dry patches and what not (plus it emphasised my pores that i've never really had before).

What also was annoying was I was expecting this dewy finish, I have dry skin so - it wasn't that dewy at all. Oh well.

on 8/21/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought into the hype and for once, it was totally and completely worth it. I've never worn Too Faced foundation but really liked their BB cream so figured I'd give it a go with a gift card.

This foundation is what I thought I was getting with NARS All Day Luminous. Lasts through a humid Texas summer day without pooling weirdly on my face, satin finish that doesn't go totally matte on my dry skin, smooths dry patches instead of emphasizing them. Have worn it with various primers and sunscreens and on its own; it behaved well with all but my greasiest sunscreen (Elta MD, which works with absolutely NOTHING on my face anyway).

The lightest shade at Ulta (Porcelain) was a bit too yellow for my cool-neutral skintone, but it kind of tones down the redness in my skin so I'm fine with it. I will definitely need to mix it with a lighter and pinker foundation in winter, but I'll probably finish the bottle at this rate and maybe by that point they'll come out with more colors. I don't even really care if I have to mix colors at this point -- finding something that isn't masklike, doesn't disappear, and doesn't get patchy or clumpy in the heat is worth it.

I wore this stuff on the worst day of the year and on one of my worst skin days and it cooperated. 100+ degrees turned into thunderstorms, which rapidly dissipated and created a disgusting sauna. Elevators at work were broken (UGH) so I ran up and down five flights every time I left the building. I then went to a yoga class. This stuff was still there when I got home. No longer at full strength, mind you, but I could have easily run some errands or something with just a little powder. To top it off, my skin was - and sadly still is - really dehydrated and fighting some really cute dry patches and angular cheleitis (DOUBLE UGH), and the foundation didn't turn into the horrorshow that I expected.

Pretty sure this is the best foundation for my hard-to-please skin that I've found all year. As a bona fide recovering foundation junkie (tried a ton, cut my stash from over 30 to 10, really only like 2 of them, life of regret, yadda yadda) I must say I'm impressed. Maybe I'll get a backup. ;)

ETA: Wore this in combination with Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray last night. It was hot, humid, sticky, and gross...and this foundation lasted. All Nighter has done pretty much nothing for my other foundations so the TF BTW saved it from the give-away pile. It even preserved the nice satiny almost-glow that the foundation gives on its own and didn't turn me into The Sweaty Streaky Mess of Glistening Shame that I expected, or a desiccated ball of dead matte corpse paint (like the nightmarish combo of Armani Luminous Silk + my skin + any primer/setting spray). Win/Win!

ETA 2: Almost took off a lippie because it apparently goes rather thick-looking when used with powder to set. Even the tiniest bit just ruins it on me. But I decided not to dock it because frankly powder + my dehydrated skin is probably a bad decision all around. Still good to know if you need to set this with something other than a spray.

on 8/7/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

After trying about 50 different foundations, to fit my needs this is it. I'll start with the color, I'm an NC42-44 with a dominate yellow undertone. I was super hesitant trying the last shade Caramel but it fits me like my second skin it's so spot on! My skin is very dry and this gives the best glow, feels so light, and does not give me that tight feeling even after applying a little powder and setting spray on those really hot humid days. I work long hours so my makeup is on from 7am to 7pm and it still looks flawless. I love glowy skin and if def gives that look. For oily skin and matte lovers try a sample first. The coverage is AMAZING. I use a damp beauty blender (GOAT) and do one full layer then go a second layer on stubborn acne scars and it covers so easily. I look super natural super fresh and glowing it's amazing. Truly underestimated this brand and for the price I'm definitely winning. Oh and theres a pump , yesssssssssss!!!!

on 8/4/2015 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This reminds me of Estee Lauder Double Wear. I hate Double Wear. This looks more natural and less cakey, but I'm still not a fan. I feel it causes a dry look to my skin and actually doesn't look very natural. The coverage is so-so, but I'm very particular about my foundations and not willing to sacrifice a natural looking finish just to get coverage. I'm NC25 and I tried out Sand, which worked since it's summer time but is probably a bit dark for me.

on 7/26/2015 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Sadly, did not work for me. I have very dry skin and somehow this made me oily by the end of the day. I was hoping to love this after all of the great reviews. I tried, but it just isn't working. It accentuated my lines and pores, and just didn't look good. So sad. :-(