Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This has to be one of the worst foundations I've every tried, I'm sad to say. I got Vanilla and 2 other colours as samples with a Sephora order. I don't recall the other 2 colours as they are too dark for me but Vanilla sounded like it might be okay. I was alarmed to see that it was VERY orange when it came squirting in copious amounts out of the packet. Once I applied it and waited a bit, the colour became considerably less startling but let's just say I'm glad I was at home and not going anywhere wearing this because I would have felt very self-conscious. The finish was very artificial looking, especially in light of the product's name. I didn't feel good wearing this - I felt like I looked odd and very fake, almost like I'd layered on lots of foundation to hide bad skin. Things got even worse a few hours later when I looked in the mirror and saw that this had settled into my pores in chalky looking dots and into my naso-labial folds, which aren't very noticeable most of the time but, whoa, did this EVER show them up. I couldn't wait to take this off and therein lay another problem....I didn't want to wash my whole face and have to start all over again with my eye makeup but this was a bugger to get off. I figured it would come off with a warm wet face cloth but that made a chalky, greasy mess. A bit of mild soap on the face cloth didn't help much and I eventually got it all off with some micellar water and a cotton square but it took a fair bit of work to get it all off from around my nostrils, lips, etc. I really couldn't find anything to like about this at all.

This is my go to foundation. I have dry skin and other foundations accentuated my dry areas but this one doesn't. Plus, it doesn't feel like you're wearing a thick/drying foundation, it's really comfortable. I find that it doesn't move around on my face like other brands but I do set this with a pressed powder. I admit that more color options would be nice, but I understand it would be pretty impossible to cover the entire spectrum. *I have to mix two different colors together to get a perfect match.

on 9/4/2016 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really dislike this foundation. I was caught up in the hype that surrounds this product, especially on you tube and beauty bloggers. I love Too Face's chocolate pallettes and thought that this too, would be great for me. I chose the 'ivory' shade and was horrified to see it was literally the colour of a slightly pale custard. I have yellow undertones, but not that yellow and not sure what human has, to be honest. I have now tried it twice and tried to make it work for me, but it just 'sits' on top of my skin and never seems to dry, even with a light dusting of powder. There's no dewyness and more importantly, no staying power, even on my dry skin. The first time I wore it was at work and was horrified to see it had mainly disappeared around my nose and chin around mid day. Never had that before with any foundation. It now sits in a drawer as I can't bring myself to bin it, though probably will soon.

on 8/24/2016 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Horrible foundation for my dry skin. It's so thick and gloppy. I felt like I was wearing a clown mask. I had to use cleanser, two make-up removal towels and cleanser again to get it off.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am so glad I bought this foundation. At first, there wasn't a shade available that was suitable for my skin tone. But now there is! The shade "SNOW" is perfect for my very fair skin. I use my MEIOKO flat top brush and it applies smoothly, sets quickly and feels light and isn't sticky. Gives me a flawless finish that lasts all day!
Really pleased with the product. It is pricey but it is a high end product so that is to be expected! YAY Too Faced, my favorite high end makeup company!

I was so disappointed in this product. The only thing I liked about it was that the shade snow was a perfect patch for my fair skin. It is supposed to be medium to full coverage, but I would say it is very light coverage. I expected more from Too Faced. :-(

on 5/31/2016 6:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought into the hype and wish I hadn't. This was such a waste of money.

I tried the previous lightest shade, Porcelain, in Sephora months back and was shocked at how dark it was on my skin. Months later, they release lighter shades and I am hyped, because the shade Snow looks off-white and that would be PERFECT for me. Fast forward to today, when I cracked it open and put it on my face.

I am not that pale. But Snow is INCREDIBLY dark on my skin. So much so that I can't fathom how this is considered a "pale" shade. It's a shame, because this foundation does have a beautiful, natural finish on my dry skin.

In short, if you have a normal skin tone (read: not pale in any way), this might work for you. I will be returning it. For shame, Too Faced, make something for pale girls next time.

Edit: Too Faced wouldn't let me return it. Since I'm stuck with this crap, I bought the Manic Panic white foundation to mix in with Snow. For one pump of Snow, it takes three pumps of white foundation to get it light enough for me. Three pumps! How the hell is this foundation for "very fair" skin tones?!

I like this foundation...but only after I found a primer it would work with, which took a really long time. It wouldn't work over any silicone based primers for me. When I used it with a silicone based primer, it just kind of sat on my skin and wouldn't blend. But then I finally tried it with Maybelline's MasterPrime in Blur+Illuminate, and it worked beautifully over that. I find it to be pretty high coverage, and about half a pump does me just fine, but I'm not a person who likes heavy coverage. I like the texture and the packaging, and I find the finish to be satin. It stays all day on me without breaking up as long as I set it with powder, but I have dry skin, so your mileage may vary if you're oily. It's a nice foundation, but I'm not entirely sure it's $30 nicer than something you could get at the drugstore.

Love this foundation, I only need a little and it gives me the coverage I want. Great for all skin types too

on 2/17/2016 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

this foundation is great. it doesn't cling to dry patches like others tend to do, and it has a nice satin finish. I don't know how it would work on oily skin, but if you have dry skin i really recommend you to try this.