Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

on 11/28/2016 5:55:00 PM

I love this foundation. Creamy and blend able.

on 11/25/2016 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this foundation, I think it looks beautiful applies flawlessly and leaves a beautiful skin like finish to the skin. It almost feels like you're not wearing foundation at all. The only downside is the price point, it is pretty expensive for a foundation.

on 11/22/2016 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product after all the hype, but it sadly just didn't work for me! I was actually suprised as I expected to love or at least like it. I was suprised at how full coverage it was which is fine by me I don't mind that, and switch it up depending on the look/mood I am feeling that day. I was half expecting something sheerer, more lightweight as it was kind of sold as a your skin but better look foundation, but it gave pretty medium-full buildable coverage, but as said before, not an issue for me.

I have generally skin on the drier side but like most people after a good few hours my t-zone will start to shine through. This product just did not sit well on my skin, I used it with my fail safe usual primers and coty airspun powder and setting spray but i felt like it kind still sat on top of and mved around my skin, and after a few hours it had settled into all my fine lines/around my nose join etc...not a pretty look. I persevered and tried until I had used approx 40% of bottle in combo with different primers and powders but could never get it to work for me, so I sadly gave it away.

Disappointed!

on 11/21/2016 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this foundation for awhile, I have a dry skin, with some acnes and scars. Redness and uneven skin tone. I have neutral skin tone (means I am pink and yellow in the same time, for you who doesn't know yet?), maybe around N30. My skin is quite light, but not fair or that white. I bought this foundie shade "Porcelain" which is too white for me.
I found it was quite frustrating because I bought it online and could do nothing about it. But one day I realized that I have a dark shade concealer ( was meant to contour my cheek bones. Not a fan of cream contour, because I'm living in a humid city), then I mixed it together...VOILA! The colour looked nice on my skin. Sometimes I could feel like it is slightly too pink for me (Porcelain was meant for fair-neutral-pink skintone). But not really. Maybe because of my neutral skintone. It still matches me somehow.

Anyway, consistency wise, it was okay, not too thick nor runny. I kinda like it. I liked how it looked on my skin. It has nice glowy and dewy finish (not too much), since I prefer to adjust the look of my makeup by the loose powder, I feel I can control how far I want my skin to be like, I don't like matte foundie, so I liked it. BUT, there was a major problem I've noticed. It DOES cling on my dry patches. Duh.

Later on, I tried to find a way to dehidrate my face with more moisturizer before makeup. It didn't work. I tried to spray my face with MAC Fix+ and it didn't change how the dry patches looked on my face. Such a bummer.

Long story short, this is how I prep my face for this BTW foundie:
1. I check on my face first, If I have dry patches, then I exfoliate it with the mixture of honey, castor sugar, and a bit of water. Gently scrub it to my face especially the dry patches and just cleanse it off with water.
2. I spray MAC Fix+ all over my face and put just enough moisturizer.
3. Mix the foundie with darker concealer and a drop of Sulwhasoo first care serum (multi-functional serum that dehydrates skin) and pat it unto my face using Real Techniques sponge.

This routine works AMAZING for my skin at its best!

Longevity wise, I wore this foundie from 7 am in the morning until 2 pm (sometimes until 6 pm on Sunday) and it has never broke me out. It still looks FLAWLESS on my skin. It doesn't crease at all. The only creasing is on my smile lines, which is not anymore if I blend it nicely with my sponge during the application.

It does have medium to full coverage. I use 1 pump each time. I got sheer-medium coverage using damped RT Sponge, medium coverage using Morphe M439.
If I wanna get SHEER coverage, I will spray Fix+ all over my face after the foundie application, and once again pat on my skin using the sponge. This foundation is totally buildable.
It looks natural on my skin yet covers the imperfections. I love it and I use this foundie every single day.
If my skin is dryer than usual, this foundie will be satin like on my face, and I will spray more MAC Fix+ unto my face after put some Coty Air Spun loose powder on to make it more dewy.

Pros:
- Medium-high coverage, yet buildable and still looks natural
- The scent is lovely like coconut water
- It does feel nice on the skin
- Doesn't has SPF
- Satin or dewy finish (depends on your skin condition)
- Suites all skin types (depends on how you prep your face)
- Doesn't feel cakey or heavy
- Nice longevity, no creasing, doesn't clog pores
- Doesn't crease if you blend well
- Can be used without setting powder (dry skin best)
- Doesn't break out even more if you have acne prone skin!
- Won't separated if you mix it with concealer
- Sturdy and expensive looking bottle
- Adjustable amount of product ( bottle comes with pump)
- A little goes a long way

Cons:
- Some colours might be too yellow for some people (colours selections)
- Clings to dry patches (if you don't exfoliate it first)
- Dry skin needs to hydrate skin well before application
- A bit pricey
- No SPF but not looking really good on flash (photograph)
- It oxidizes a bit

My favourite foundation so far, though. I got compliments since using this foundie. Worth to try. If you use this foundie right,and you prep your face well, you'll love it for sure :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really Like this foundation. (depending on the weather, i'll be more or less oily) anyways, I use benefit porefessional under this and then set it with powder. (sometimes mac msfn, rcma no color powder, or it cosmetics bye bye pores) It lasts a good amount of time, it goes on smooth with a radiant finish. It doesnt break up on my skin or slide around, but it does settle in any crease or fine line. It runs dark, so make sure you get some samples.

on 10/4/2016 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! It does not look like I'm wearing makeup! It looks like I've got really smooth, clear, youthful skin. I bought the shade in Golden. The shades seem to run light so I suggest trying it on before buying. A little goes a very long way. A half pump covers my entire face. I use primer with it as well as Too Faced Primed and Poreless powder. It stays on all day. I have only been using this for a week but I notice a difference in my skin. It is plumped up and youthful looking. It has Hylauronic (sp?) Acid in it which is being called the fountain of youth in beauty mags. The colors DO have yellow undertones but it is not a problem for me because it blends right in. There are not any "pinkish" shades so if you are looking for that you will disappointed. This is now my go to foundation!

The first few times I have applied it I thought it was quite good mainly because it's my first proper foundation( before I only ever used tinted moisturizer and powder foundation), then I tried a few more and start to realize this foundation is so mediocre performs more like a drugstore foundation to me.

Pros
Good coverage for one layer and looks quite natural

Cons
Looks dull, although not matte but it doesn't give any radiant to the face
Clings to dry patches that I didn't even know they were there!
Transfers very easily!

I would probably still wear just for the sake of the money I paid, it's workable if you prime your face well but would definitely not repurchase. And I've learned two things: 1. Never ever trust youtube hype again. 2. Always ask for a sample before buying!

on 9/22/2016 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

When I originally bought this foundation, I was absolutely in LOVE!! However, I'm halfway through my bottle and I have to say that I've gone back to Nars sheer glow and fallen in love with Mac Prolong Wear.

I am the shade Vanilla and it is slightly too yellow for me. Most of the shades have yellow undertones which is disappointing and unflattering on me. Although, this foundation is really great for dry skin and is definitely long wearing.

I think the downside for me is that this foundation seems to oxidize because it definitely wasn't as yellow when I first bought it. This isn't my holy grail, but I still do use it and am happy with it although I wouldn't buy another bottle.

on 9/14/2016 1:04:00 PM

I have normal/dry/dehydrated skin with small nose to mouth lines and some fine lines under my eyes.
I ordered this because it seemed perfect for dry/dehydrated skin as it contains coconut water and hyaluronic acid.
Ive owned this foundation for a few months now and ive tried everything to make it work from using different primers, setting sprays and powders.
The bottle is beautiful, I leave it out on display because its so pretty, it gets points for aesthetics and also a lipstick for being cruelty free.
When applied at first it looks really beautiful, creamy and smooth although very yellow it can be toned down with cream contour under the makeup or fixed with a powder over it. After about an hour it really begins to separate on my forehead, cheeks and nose and it really doesnt look as good as it should.

If I mix a few different primers before wearing it sometimes that prevents it from separating but sometimes not as the tiniest bit of sweat or moisture (rain) makes the foundation go patchy and separate.

One heck of a blot powder by soap and glory has also helped it from separating but not by much.

I spent so much money on this ill continue to use it until it runs out although only for short trips into town or for coffee with a friend, id never wear it on a night out or if I planned to be out for a couple of hours.

on 9/13/2016 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Okay so I'm seeing pretty bad reviews on this product but it worked out for me.
My shade in MAC's Foundation is NC 35
I wear Maybelline Fit me is Natural Beige or around there.
I have the shade Nude in this foundation a very tinnnny bit light. Can't really tell after contour and highlighting. So I have dry skin and this product is over all pretty good. I don't know if it works for oily skin but with my skin it works great. It has some cons to it though, and I'll list them below.

PROS:
AMAZING COVERAGE I LITERALLY USE HALF A PUMP for my whole face.
The shade range is great.
The finish on me is satin, not completely flat matte or dewy shiny.
Pretty affordable considering other high end foundations.
Blends like a dream come true!
CUTE CUTE CUTE PACKAGING!

CONS:
Some times accentuates areas I don't want to be accentuated.
Depending on how dry my skin is it will cling on to dry patches.

All in all I do recommend the product it isn't perfect but it's great!