Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was in the market for a new foundation after using my Clinique beyond perfecting for over six months. I always love a foundation that claims "like skin". I was matched to Maple at Sephora and after a sample application I was sold. Price point is never a big issue when it comes to a nice foundation. I loved it came with a pump and the packaging is so sheek and simple. I didn't oxidize and looked very natural. My skin is dry by the way. The consistency is not runny at all and really goes on nicely. So far this foundation gets two thumbs up.

on 1/22/2017 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

This stuff is my go to everyday foundation. I have skin on the dry/normal side, so I do not get oily. With my primer, this stuff lasts all day for me and doesn't budge. It gives an amazing natural (yet full coverage) finish and doesn't accentuate anything I don't want it to. It's expensive but if you've got normal to dry skin and want to splurge, I would definitely recommend this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Poor value and goes patchy on dry skin. Doesn't last and its hard to get the right shade. Coverage is average.

While this is not my hg foundation, it still is pretty close. This foundation is better for normal-dry skin, but you definitely still need to moisturize before putting it on, especially if you're drier. The one time I didn't do that, the foundation clung to dry patches like nobody's business. But if you moisturize, the foundation will look flawless and natural. I normally stick with light-medium coverage, but you can really get full coverage if you want.

on 12/30/2016 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It gives me a flawless face.Lightweight, without cakey results. For years I was in love with Bourjois Healthy mix serum foundation.I thought that I could not find something better. But I did! This foundation is hands down the best!

on 12/28/2016 7:01:00 PM

I love this shit! It's bomb!... I have dry skin with a few pores on my cheeks! (Face cheeks that is :)) I moisturize my face first let that marinate then I apply benefit pore fissonal and this bomb ass foundation.. Voila! your girl is flauwless!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I heard so many good things about this, and I really, really wanted to like it. After trying several different primers and brushes with the product, I feel like I can conclusively say that this is the worst foundation I have ever used. No matter how I apply it, it streaks like crazy. Not only that, but it seems to almost shrink on my face. I don't know how to describe it.

I will say, it smells lovely, and the bottle is gorgeous. All my friends love this, but it just isn't for me.

Although I have seen this product look amazing on people who do not have problem skin this didn't work for me. It did a great job of concealing my under eyes and a little bit of product really went a long way.
My skin is quite dehydrated and prone to acne so I do have troubled skin & large pores. This foundation really emphasised my pores. It sank it to them and made them stand out and yes I had primed and moisturised before hand.
I didn't expect it to work for me as it was oil free but I heard it had worked well for others with dry skin.
Overall if you have large pores and dry skin do not buy
Pros - Cute packaging, Excellent coverage, Nice collection of shades
Cons - Expensive, Difficult to apply on dry skin

on 12/18/2016 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Yikes. I don't think anybody would want to claim they were "born this way", as a mannequin. That's the impression I get when I wear this foundation: it sucks all the life out of your face.

I feel almost as if Too Faced designed this with Beauty Blenders in mind: both finger and buffing brush application looked horribly streaky and pancakey. It's practically a requirement to sheer it out with a damp Beauty Blender, which makes blending much easier and also gives the foundation the benefit of looking more lively on the face. With its initial full coverage and plasticky finish, it is very unappealing. The only plus is that this foundation doesn't emphasize pores or fine lines. But I think if you are into full coverage there are better options out there.

Also, the shade descriptions are off. Were the people writing them colorblind or what? Pearl does not have a golden undertone; it's obviously peachy. And Snow, which is apparently neutral, is way more yellow than Pearl. I thought Pearl would suit my NC15 skin but it's way too peach and a little too dark. I only swatched Snow in store so I don't know how it would look on the face but I bet it's a much better match for NC15 than Pearl was.

Edit: Since I took another visit to Sephora I decided to give this foundation another chance and picked up a sample of Snow. Snow is undoubtedly a better match for NC15. It's not perfect: it's a little too neutral and it does initially seem too light but it slightly oxidizes throughout the day. I used my It Velvet Luxe Foundation Brush #302 and set with a powder and I'm liking the finish more. It's a skin-like satin matte but still suffers the problem of easily becoming cakey. Like other reviews say, the lasting power on this foundation is very short. Despite being an oil-free formula I don't think it's that great for oily people because it seems to melt off the face too quickly. I still prefer my Loreal True Match to this, and that's like a pittance compared to Born This Way. $40 foundation brush, $10 foundation, lol.

on 12/1/2016 2:11:00 AM