Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

on 12/18/2017 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is still my favourite foundation. The coverage is a medium but you can build it up to a full, it doesn’t catch on to my dry areas, smooths my skin out, covers most blemishes and the packaging is so cute & luxurious feeling. My issue is that it gets oily throughout the day, settles into my smile lines, the colour oxidizes as you wear it, and the price is pretty up there since I run out of this foundation so fast.

In the quest to find an amazing all round foundation I had high hopes for this foundation...and I’m not disappointed! It looks beautiful! I went with the colour Golden Beige and even though this may be a little dark for the cold UK weather in November, it is certainly not so far off that I can’t wear it. Pros for me are: - Fantastic coverage without looking cakey or ‘mask like’. - Doesn’t settle into fine lines and pores, given that I am now coming to the end of my thirties, it is becoming harder and harder to find a foundation that is not targeted for ‘mature skin’ (I’m not quite there yet!), however I’m not young enough to go down that whole ‘let’s bake’ route! Those days are now gone! - Gives a better airbrushed look with a beauty blender, than a foundation brush. - Doesn’t break me out. - Doesn’t dry my skin out. - Gives long lasting coverage. I would def recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried this out as a sample and as part of a Sephora makeover. I was in the shade almond and I was quite impressed at their shade range and the colour match. I liked it initially as the coverage is really nice. It covered most of my acne scars and redness in one layer. It looked really seamless and blended. The artist set it with lock-it powder and setting spray.
This was for an evening event so it wasn't on for more than 5 hours. Within that time, it got very very greasy (I did have oily pre-accutane skin at the time) and creased. It also transferred like crazy to where I could basically wipe it off. I looked like a mess with a foundation mask on. I wanted to love it so much (I even asked specifically for it) but it just wasn't for me.

EDIT: I couldn't get this foundation out of my head so I bought the full size once I was drier after accutane. It fully still broke my heart because I wanted to love it! But no, it got so oily so fast and creased like crazy even after powdering. Plus it broke me out.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really really really like this foundation guys ♥

This foundation is a very natural finish foundation. The finish is a natural-matte with an itty bitty amount of glow. I have dry sensitive skin, so I was sort of worried that his foundation was too matte for me but it was perfect!

This foundation did not irritate my skin thank God, however, if you have dry skin you should use a heavier moisturizer or just apply another layer of moisturizer with this foundation. Even though this foundation is more of a matte foundation, my skin did not feel tight when I applied it. My skin just felt comfortable.

I was matched to the shade Honey. Honey is supposed to be for neutral to golden undertones, but in my opinion it is more neutral toned than golden. I had to use bronzer to bring warmth back into my complexion.

The coverage of the foundation is definitely medium to full coverage. One layer of this is foundation was enough to cover my imperfections!

As for the smell it didn't really have a weird smell. It smelled like a normal liquid foundation.

I applied this foundation around 11am and it lasted literally all day! It lasted until 1am the next day!

So long story short, the pros are that the foundation is a beautiful foundation. I love how natural the foundation is. My bestfriend, who I hung out with alllll day, had no idea I had makeup on. The makeup lasted through a graduation party and a walk through the biggest mall in North Carolina. It's not extremely drying and it was comfortable on my skin. The cons of this foundation is that towards the end of the night you could see the foundation clinging to the dry patches of my skin. The foundation also creased in the lines around my mouth. I would recommend this foundation to women with normal, combination or oily skin. Dry skin gals can wear this too just be a little more heavy handed with moisturizer. This foundation is also suitable for sensitive skin ♥

Shade References:
MAC: NC42
BareMinerals Complexion Rescue: Spice
Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow: Warm Me Up "Toasted Beige"

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Holy cow! The shade range for this foundation is all over the place! It's completely off the norm for what you expect from classic shades like ivory, beige, porcelain, etc. There is just no way you could make a decision based on past experience with a shade you normally fall under. Every color is far too yellow...after trying 3 different shades and finally choosing one with a supposed pink undertone (although I have a neutral undertone), it was still extremely yellow. On top of all this, the oxidation with this foundation is like none I've ever seen, even a shade too light will oxidize to an oompah loompah orange after an hour or two and I've never been one to have products oxidize on my skin. It's a shame really because the finish is so lovely and on initial application, you get a glimpse of the possibilities, but don't be fooled into thinking that if you could just get the color right it will be worth it because it won't. This foundation moves, even on my drier skin, it never really set. It would come off anywhere I touched my face. It just has no real staying power. I really wanted to love this foundation, but they made it impossible and at $40, no thank you.

on 5/18/2017 3:33:00 PM

This is my first foundation from Too Faced and I have mixed feelings on this.

Positive points:
- looks good and glowy when you put it on
- you don't need much to do your whole face

Negative points:
- it kind of wears badly on my skin, especially when I am sweating
- the color and overall look of the foundation get worst during the day

I think I will stop using it daily to go to work for now, and try again in winter (less sweat risks and when my skin needs help to look glowy). This would also be good for short term events when you don't need it to last all day.
The finish of the foundation is soooooo nice, I love it, but it's just not durable for these spring/ summer days.

I have been using this product for a year only because it lasted me that long and i didn't wan too waste it but I will be switching as it makes my skin look awful. I have dry skin and it clings to dry patches. It also doesn't hide redness and is not build able. When you try to add extra layers it just pulls off the product underneath. It also emphasises fine lines. Im 23 and don't have one wrinkle on my face but this foundation makes me look like I do. It also creases under the eyes and looks dry and not very nice at all. It doesn't last at all and you just have to brush you face against something and it will wipe off. Overall the finish just isn't good. Ive tried other samples of full coverage foundations as I'm looking for another one and they look far better and more natural than this and they are full coverage. Its a shame because I really wanted to love this product. I also love everything else by too faced. Only the foundation doesn't work for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a beautiful medium to full coverage foundation. It is truly luminous, and has more coverage than say Tarte, or Smashbox Studio Finish. I can wear Mocha in the summer, and my winter skin is called Caramel. I am hard to match, with golden undertone mid- brown Indian skin. I love the ease of application (compared say with Kat Von D). The consistency and the coverage from this foundation is great everyday basic, but also was great for a wedding. I find Born This Way to be as near to perfect as a foundation can be. It goes on like a dream, is buildable for full coverage and lovely. It has a weightless feel, and a gorgeous satin finish, not unnaturally matte, not shiny. It meets all my expectations.Overall an excellent foundation and worth the price. A little goes a long way — and the glow is heavenly.

Worth the money.
I wanted a good coverage, long lasting foundation for dry skin. I researched a tonne before buying this and I have to say it ticks all the boxes.

The bottle is beautiful, looks as expensive as it is! Comes with a pump which is a must.

This foundation just glides on. I used a brush but it works with fingers or a beauty blender too. I find one pump sufficient to give good medium coverage without feeling heavy and it doesn't settle into fine lines.

I wanted this foundation for nights out and I didn't want SPF feedback in photos. I wore this a couple of nights ago and LOVED how it looked in photos.

I have sensitive skin and this didn't irritate it at all. It also felt wonderfully moisturising, but it might not be the best for oily skinned peeps - it definitely left me with a nice dewy glow.

on 3/19/2017 2:59:00 PM

I find myself to be a very fussy person when it comes to my makeup, before buying a certain product I find myself researching about it and reading reviews ofcourse.
I read about the too faced born this way foundation and I read only good reviews and decided to give it a try.
It's definitely a good product, in really liking it and the coverage is quiet good too. This gives you that natural but sexy finish so I would definitely be sticking to this product