Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.3

on 4/3/2018 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't see anything special about this foundation. It gives me a nice sheer coverage but it's nothing better than my maybelline fit me. Way over-priced for the quality.

on 3/13/2018 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Dreadful on my mild seborrheic dermatitis. Clinged to dry patches I didn't know I had. I did an AHA peel the night before which usually makes foundation apply well, but this made me look like I've never heard of exfoliation. The name Born This Way is accurate as this foundation takes me back to my cradle cap days. Skip this if you have texture and dry patches.

The shade Swan was a bit too dark and pink on my NC10 skin. It dried down to a satin matte. Definitely not a healthy, luminous glow. Coverage was a light medium and covered my redness but not my darker freckles/acne scarring.

Moisturized with Cerave in a jar, used a tiny amount of Nyx Photo-Loving Primer on t-zone, and applied with fingers. Bathing in Mac Fix+ didn't help at all.

on 2/22/2018 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have grown to love this foundation now! It is my holy grail for my normal to dry skin. Lasts the whole entire day, great coverage, & now has an amazing colour range. Definetly will be repurchasing this again, go Too Faced!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have dry skin and I love this foundation. I’ve been testing out other foundations and I always go back to this one. It doesn’t look thick, it leaves the skin Dewey and that’s what I love in a foundation. Also the color doesn’t oxidize to look orange like most foundations do.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this foundation. It dries to a beautiful, radiant finish and looks like skin. It feels like absolutely nothing. It's so comfortable that it doesn't feel like I have foundation on. They have a great color range, and this foundation is extremely long-lasting, lasting for a full college school day from 9 am to 6 pm.

As someone with extremely dry skin, this foundation is a lifesaver. It's coconut water gives my skin the hydration it needs. I love how it's buildable. I can build it to full coverage and it doesn't look cakey at all. I also have acne-prone, dry skin and I experience no breakouts with this foundation. It not only has all these benefits, but it also makes my skin look super smooth and flawless. As for the price point, it is pricey, but it is definitely not as expensive as other foundations out there and is well worth the investment.

The only problems I have with this foundation is that it is not transfer proof and it clings to my dry patches, but I have not yet found a foundation that doesn't cling to my dry patches.

This foundation is definitely one of the better ones. It makes me look like I was "Born this Way."

on 2/7/2018 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation. It has a nice coverage and semi-matte foundation , not too drying. Doesn't transfer much and is an overall good foundation, would recommend

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Wasn't a big fan of this foundation :( It was quite thick on my skin! I could really see it, it wasn't skin like at all.. Just not my favorite. You should really check out the bourjois healthy mix serum foundation if you want something natural looking on the skin!
I have a youtube channel, and I have a review and some demos of that product.
My channel is "kristenlynnsloves"
here is the link if you want to check it out:

link to review on healthy mix serum foundation:

on 1/13/2018 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Update... I figured out why the staying power was not better. I had the WRONG shade. I just switched to Almond and it is perfect. The staying power is amazing 10 hours easily. When you have the right shade of foundation it really looks gorgeous It is perfect and makes my skin feel better with the coconut water. A great product for my skin that does not cause break outs. I have been now using this for at least 5 months and my skin is 1000 times better. This gives a matte finish that works for a woman in her 50s with mild roseacea. (although that has gone too. I guess I have been using the wrong foundation all these years) Yet keeps my skin looking younger without being greasy. I love this foundation better than any ELDW or Lancome. I honestly think it is the coconut water in this foundation as I stopped using all medications for skin. No more Finacea, no more azaleic acid, no more differin..

Truly my skin needed a foundation that was more like a skin cream. Something gentle and clean feeling that nourishes my skin. I am so thankful to have found this by a sales clerk at Ulta. I hope they never discontinue this lovely foundation.

If you are looking for a yellow based light white fair skin toned foundation this could be for you. If your skin is sensitive and dry this foundation and color could work for you. I chose the color Snow. And Snow looks white with a hint of gold going on my face. But, it does darken or oxidize and provides me with the exact light shade I am looking for. I used to have greasy skin but now closing in on 50 my skin has become dry. My skin has the orange peel texture around my nose and lower cheeks. I have rosecea so finding a foundation that can fill pores, cover texture and look beautiful is a challenge but TooFace born this way does it for me. For those with the red flushed look a yellow based foundation is the key to covering that red tone and this shade does it for me.

Does it last?
Not like ELDW but it gave me a good 3-4 hours of coverage. I tested without a primer for 3-4 hours of coverage. I need to carry a blotting paper or brush and powder to make it last. The reason I like this foundation more than ELDW is that it is easier to take off and does not seem to break me out. The foundation makes my skin feel better not worse after wearing.

Lasting power? Can I make it last?
Yes. I have tried this with a primer and when I use a primer I get a good 6 hours out of the foundation. I am still playing around with primers as I don't love silcones.

Good for dry skin?
Yes, for me it was. I have dry flaky skin and it does not cover the flakes but if you can gently exfoliate and put this foundation on after moisture it can cover your skin nicely. Just be sure to let your skin dry after moisture before applying the foundation as I believe this can cause oxidation if you mix the foundation with lotion.

How does it feel?
The foundation has a beautifully silky feel that must be because of the coconut oil. This does not dry quickly so you can work with it slowly.

Breaks outs?
This did not break me out and I have sensitive, easy break out skin with a red rosecea all over. I was impressed that it covered my skin without looking too heavy. But be aware those of us with rosecea need a full coverage foundation. If you are looking to look natural barely there makeup like Bobby Brown or Nars this might bot be your choice. This foundation has a medium coverage to hide your skin.

Does it seep in wrinkles and lines?
Yes a tiny bit. But not like ELDW or Revlon Colorstay. I do not think it aged me but rather the shade brightened my skin tone making me look younger the way my skin looked years ago. It does have a powdery feel so if you are looking for dewy tanned from sweating in the sun after tennis, this is not your foundation. This is a foundation that gives a matte effect with sparkles or shimmer to create movement in the light. It is subtle and lovely.

I would buy this again. While the lasting power is not as great as other foundations the way my skin feels during and after use if far more important to me.

best foundation I ever used. i have dry skin and this was so amazing

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

If you have dry/dull skin you will pry like this. This foundation has a decent coverage (not as high end as it says), but it's buildable. The color fits my skin just right, and I LOVE the finish on it. Gives a vibrant and slight dewy finish. It is a little pricey but since it works great with my skin I would buy it again.