Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

3.9

Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitae MEA, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Magnesium Sulfate, Mannitol, Manganese Sulfate, Serine, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Zinc Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, Threonine, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, Histidine HCl, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mask did not work for my dry, dehydrated skin in a cold climate AT ALL.

I received it as a gift from my lovely Korean friend so I'll use up the jar but frankly I don't think it does anything for my skin. My dear friend has an oily skin and I hope that for that type of skin this product would work better, or perhaps in works when in a hot, humid climate.

In the middle of British winter however, it sinks right in (I've even added several layers -like 5! once but it only made my skin sticky), leaving no trace of hydration whatsoever, even with an oil added on top and in the morning I wake up with a parched, tired looking skin. So not the result I was after.

It comes in a very chic blue box with a spatula for a hygienic application and I keep it in a cool environment. The smell is pleasant and not too intense but that is about everything good I can say about this product.

P.S. Sheet masks that my friend gave me at the same time, work a treat.

Major Love. Holy Grail.

First received this as a gift and now I am now finishing up my second bottle.

I used to have very dry skin, to the point of constant peeling in my T-zone area. I have been using this water sleeping mask for 1.5 years now and my skin is now considered normal with dry patches now and then.

I started out applying it every night, and my skin feels supple almost instantly. It gets absorbed really well, with zero tacky feelings. The supple skin effect lasts till the next afternoon before I feel dry again (then again I am constantly in an air-conditioned room). But within a short period (can’t remember exactly) my t-zone no longer has ridiculous peeling issues.

Nowadays I only apply thrice a week or nightly during that time of the month when my skin gets excessively dry.

I've cut down on usage as I realized the product is getting too rich for my skin. This is my Holy Grail moisturizer and will recommend to anyone with dry skin without batting my eyelids.

One thing I wish they would change about the product is the packaging. Even though a spatula is provided for you to dig out the product, bacterial and what not can still get in pretty easily. Though I haven’t had any breakout issues with this product, but it is still a major concern.

on 10/31/2016 2:40:00 AM

Not a very great product..felt no effect after using it. If i use other sleeping mask, when i wake up the next day, my skin will feel baby smooth however this doesn't do that.
This doesnt give me the feeling like my skin is moisturised but my skin is definitely better than not using it.
Instead of a sleeping mask, i use as a day moisturiser instead when my go to moisturiser is running low.
I definitely won't be repurchasing it because even using aloe vera gel have 100% better effect than this.
Nonetheless, this product might be great for other people but not for me. Would recommend if you have extra money to spare.

I'm very surprise to see a LOT of good comments for this gel , especially for mature skin . this gel is true ,very lightweight and absorb fast but like any other gel it's not very moisturizing at all. after just 30minute wearing this gel , I can feel like my skin is thirst for other moisturizing products. if this is only few bucks , I will definitely give thumbs up bec of the lightness, cool feeling , but this gel is expensive and not even moisturizing or doing anything to my skin. Laneige is one of expensive korean products that is just FULL of hype and marketing bombing , the product itself just like mediocre drugstore . (i try quite a few of their products in my 20iest) , i also try full set of IOPE hydryting set (pink bottle) really2 irritating skin bec of the full pack of fragrance and iope also one of "korean high end" and my skin is NOT the skin that can not tolerate fragrance in skincare.

on 10/12/2016 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This has a texture similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge gel, but this is much less sticky. You can pack this on and it will not seem tacky or filmy. It is not greasy in the least. It has a rather strong scent of rosewater.

I have used this once a week to give my skin a break from acids and vitamin C. It does soothe and plump up the skin nicely. In the morning my skin is moist and cushiony.

on 10/1/2016 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is a light weight gel formulation that allows my skin to soak up every drop and wake up as fresh, smooth and as new as a baby's bottom. It goes on sheer, has a texture of a pudding, and plumps up my dehydrated skin magically overnight.
The first time I used it, I couldn't believe my eyes, the redness and inflammation calmed down and my skin was much smoother (and happier).

One thing I like to do is to incorporate a few drops of Missha's Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Serum (whew! could Missha make the name any longer??) or Mizon Snail Recovery Gel/Cream with the Lineage Mask - somehow, that combination
does wonders for my skin. Consider it a mask on steroids... The combo seems to magically increase hydration and wrinkle-smoothing effects. It also doesn't irritate my skin, I experienced no bumps, pimples or redness which can happen with new products.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Water Sleeping Mask, it's so calming. It does have a slight smell, like a light melon/cucumber fragrance (which I like). So those with sensitivities might want to take note.

on 9/23/2016 12:52:00 PM

This is an unsung hero in my skin care routine. Whenever I feel dehydrated, I put this on at night before a facial oil. My skin looks plump and clear in the morning. Love this stuff. It is fragranced, but my sensitive skin does not react to it. I would like it better in a pump container rather than a jar, but I will continue to buy it. I already have a back-up jar.

on 8/25/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

as with almost all the Asian skincare I've used, this is great. I've been using sample packs, so there has been no problem with the consistency or freshness of the product. It is a watery gel that you slather with abandon to cleansed skin. Since my skin is dry, it feels like it is drinking this in- and sure enough- in the morning my skin is dew-y and I dont need any moisturizer or foundation. imho, worth the price.

on 8/15/2016 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this and have been using it for a month. I have a dry skin with dry patches. This does nothing for me. I put this on at night, at first it has a cooling and hydrating sensation but it only last for a while. I prefer the glam and glow thirsty mud for an overnight mask.

on 8/7/2016 8:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Ohhh My HOLY GRAIL. Its sold 1 in every 30 seconds in Korea, Hongkong & Singapore. Its almost double the price if I buy in my country (souq.com). I bought this one through Amazon while staying almost a month in the UK. This is just AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING! Since am on tour, I need to care little extra care of my skin that I cant really do. This one is doing just double. Apply thw needful at night beforw sleep, wait for 5 minutes... It gets totally absorbed in 5 minutes & just sleep... Next morning -- just wash your face n see the result...

One morw secret thing -- it probably has a sleeping effect. You start feeling sleepy probably with the soft light smell of this... The best for me & many like me! I SWEAR!!!