NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.1

on 10/7/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love the shape of the nib and the price isn't bad compared to the brow wiz, but this has pretty poor lasting power on my oily skin :( I have to set it in place with the maybelline brow drama for any kind of lasting power.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'd been using the Anastasia brow pencils for quite a long time, and I have an extra sitting in my drawer, but before going on holidays I got my brows tinted and wanted an eyebrow pencil to match them while they were darker. I didn't want to spend the money for an Anastasia one because I didn't know how long the tint would last and I happened upon these beauties.

Almost identical to the Anastasia brow pencils. The colour selection isn't quite as wide, but there is a good selection of ashy tones. Comparable wear time. Less expensive. And the lids snap on nicely, promising a snug fit.

I'll use up the rest of my Anastasia pencil, but when that one is done, I think I'll be sticking to the NYX version!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as a much cheaper alternative to Anastasias brow wiz ($10 vs $24) as I go through brow pencils very quickly. My hair is a very dark brown and I use the color espresso which works just fine for me. Ive repurchased several times.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This pencil is vey similar to Anastasia Beverley Hills wiz brow. Goes on smooth and the finish is great! Very happy that this was a good find.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is good stuff, plain and simple. Many people swear by Anastasia's Brow Wiz, but truth be told I can't get into the hype of all that before at least trying drugstore dupes. This Micro Brow Pencil is a commonly acknowledged dupe, and when it comes to pencils I have had success with NYX in the past. I think this will probably be my new go-to brow product. I'm a brow pencil kind of gal; the gels, waxes, pomades and powders just seem a little too imprecise to appeal to me. For someone with larger or fuller brows I can see how they work great, but mine are on the thin side and require focused attention.
This pencil is a twist up, with a spooly on the other end to brush the brows out in the desired shape. The packaging is secure and similar in appearance to Anastasia's.
The have this in the color "Brunette"- dark neutral brown. It glides on smoothly, and doesn't patch up or skip. It is long wearing; I can't imagine a higher end brand looking better than this does after 8+ hours. It doesn't budge. It does look natural, at least to my eye, and isn't scary-heavy-pigmented but instead mimics the actual color of most brunettes' eyebrows.
When there are so many quality drugstore products widely available, it is pretty hard to justify spending double the price for a high end alternative. I will probably end up trying Anastasia's line at some point just because so many people swear by it, and when it comes to makeup curiosity gets the better of me, but I can say that I will keep using this pencil regardless because it is of a high quality and looks great.

I love this brow pencil! I heard that it was a good dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz. And since I'm broke, I thought it would be a good choice. So I buyed it, and I love it! You get what you pay for, if not more. But the only bad thing about the brow pencil is that the packaging is too small, there's a really small amount of product!! :(( It took me like 2 weeks before I used it up.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Among all the steps in my makeup routine, brows tend to be an afterthought for me (of course, I'd never run around with naked, unfilled ones though... yikes), and the NYX Micro Brow pencil is perfect for my low-maintenance needs. Just a few minutes using this pencil topped off with brow gel and you've got natural, yet shapely eyebrows. It is a tad bit hard texture-wise, but once you get used to it, you can fill your brows in evenly. I actually found pressing too firmly with the pencil is what results in a patchy finish. You have to use light strokes and build it up. All in all, I would definitely recommend this product for everyone!

on 9/13/2016 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have thin brows, and one of them has a scar going right through it after I ran head first into a footstool as a maniac child. Needless to say, I've tried a lot of brow fillers and shapers - and this is the best one I've found in years. The brush on one end is great, and the tiny pencil tip on the other end is the perfect size to really get in there and make the markings look like natural hairs instead of a bunch of drawn-on foolishness. The color selection is tricky though. I bought the ash brown which comes out as more of a warm brown in person - and it happened to be a good fit, as much of a fluke as it was. I'll be stocking up on these.

I usually use MACs eye brow pencil in Lingering. This is a very good alternative for me, less pigmented but very precise in perfecting the brow line and filling in gaps. It has a firm consistency and gives you a clean but natural line. It's very convenient as you can do your eyebrows in a snap. Highly recommend this pencil as a drugstore alternative for MACs pencils.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Everyone compares this to the ABH Brow Wiz. I never tried "The Wiz" before so got this because it's so much cheaper. I think this brow pencil is just okay.

My go to brow product is NYX brow gel in the color Chocolate. I love it. It's perfect but it takes time to use. I wanted a pencil to use on days I don't have a lot of time. I purchased the color Chocolate in Micro Brow and it's not the same match as the brow gel, bummer. Chocolate in Micro Brow is much more warmer and has a red tint to it. The color is passable on me now because I currently have very warm caramel colored brown hair.

I guess the biggest disappointment is the texture of this pencil. it's very waxy and hard. It seems to take longer to achieve a look with this than with the darn brow gel. It goes on patchy and I constantly need to use the spoolie end to blend it in. Omg, it requires so much blending to make my brows look natural. I have hardly any brows so it's a pain to try to draw them on. The previous pencil I was using was Maybelline Define A Brow and that one is a lot better and easier to work with.

The packaging is kind of flimsy as well. The wand wiggles around a bit and it's not sturdy/cheaply made.

Overall, I will keep this and use it up instead of tossing it. But, I wouldn't repurchase it.

Popular Brows Products