NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.1

on 2/16/2017 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite brow pencil! I just bought my 4th one today. It doesn't go on too dark, and it is super small, so it's perfect for when you outline your eyebrows and do small strokes to fill them in. I have ash brown and it looks very natural. The only reason that i gave it 4/5 is because it runs out pretty fast in my opinion, other than that it works very well and i think i will continue to rebuy.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this eyebrow pencil. It is a bit tougher to work with, not as creamy and the products runs out rather quickly, but since it's not that expensive, it's no bother. On me it lasts all day and it looks natural. One of my favorite Nyx products, for sure!

Prior to using this, I was using Maybelline Define A Brow which was my favorite. But I heard people raving about this and saying it was comparable to Anastasia Brow Wiz (whiz, sp?) so I had to try it. It is now my new favorite. It is not as soft as the Define A Brow so I find that it breaks less therefore wasting less product. I think it may be a dollar or so more than the Define A Brow but since I haven't had it break on me yet, I'm not wasting product so I will pay an extra dollar for that. I haven't used the spoolie because I use another brush that has a brow brush and spoolie at the other end. I use this pencil and then use the NYX Brow Cake powder to fill them in so I have a more natural look. Voila! Perfect brows!!

I always seem to gravitate back to this product. I do love it, and I never purposely diss it due to not liking it, I just like to play with new products. However, I can't deny that this particular pencils by NYX makes my brows look incredible every single time I use it. I use taupe when I just want to slightly fill in, and brown for when I really want to define and transform my brows. The micro tip makes filling in my brows so easy and leaves little room for mistakes. I've repurchased several times. It's definitely a holy grail makeup product for me.

This is a good pencil but the color range is too warm. Mine is in the shade espresso I believe. I have medium brown hair but my eyebrow hairs are very cool toned and this eyebrow pencil just looks unnatural in daylight as it does not match my hairs.. It applies well and is blendable for a softer look but I find that there is almost no product in this pencil. If I were to use this daily I think it would last me about a month which is a very short time.
PROS:
- Precise, easy to work with
- Creamy texture but not too soft, blendable
- Spoolie on the other end
CONS:
- Warm toned color range
- Little amount of product
- Fades quickly throughout the day

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

GREAT product. I've purchased this more than 10 times.

My dealbreaker and why I hate it now? It lasts me a total of 3 weeks when used daily (I didn't even use that much!!)

Horrible. Had to buy 10 only because a normal eyebrow pencil I wouldve had to repurchase like 5 times as opposed to 10... deal. Breaker.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I absolutely hated this. It's garbage and I returned it, which I rarely do if I can avoid it. I had this in Blonde. It was so dry, weirdly waxy and extremely ineffectual. Really...I couldn't even get the product to show up. It was unusable. So disappointing!

on 12/13/2016 11:47:00 AM

OK so i just bought both the brow wiz from Anastasia and the micro brow and I honestly regret that I bought the brow wiz,it is not worth the price I prefer the micro brow as it is just a tad cremier whilst the brow wiz is more on the drier side so it is a bit more difficult to work with. I bought both in the shade taupe and the brow wiz is a bit more cooler and the micro brow a bit warmer but still workable. I will continue to buy this one from now on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is HG for me. I have never used ABH brow wiz but I have tried Dior, L'oreal and Maybelline and the black Nyx Micro Brow pencil is the best color match for me and is super easy to use. I can go light or dark just depending on how much pressure I use which I also like. I get compliments on my brows all the time now that I use this.

on 11/20/2016 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The reason I bought the NYX Microbrow Pencil is because the Anastasia Beverly Hills pencils were too warm-toned for my eyebrows. I use the NYX color ash brown, which is a closer match.

Comparison to the Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH) pencil

Packaging: The NYX pencil has better packaging. The ABH tip with the brush broke after 20 or so uses.

Wear time: The wear time of ABH is longer. The NYX pencil formula lasts about 6 hours then starts to fade quickly. I have found the ABH pencil to last all day (10+ hours).

Formula: The formulas are very similar, but the ABH applies more smoothly. I found the NYX pencil to get a little clumpy.

Colors: The ABH line has almost all neutral and warm toned pencils. The NYX line offers more cool toned options.

Popular Brows Products