NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.1

on 8/24/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I read somewhere that this is a good dupe for Anastasia Brow Wiz and that is how I bought it.

Works very good, but the lasting power is not the best. You can easily smudge it if you touch your brows.
Very nice color range, I had no problems finding my color.

I would buy it again, but I did not like the fact that it finishes very fast. I used it 4 times a week for a month and it was over.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

OMG THIS STUFF IS MY HOLY GRAIL EYEBROW PENCIL!!! the chocolate shade is perfect, the consistency is perfect, it stays on FOREVERRR (i struggle to get it off with a makeup wipe at the end of the day, kinda good and bad?) and this pencil has just transformed my eyebrows into looking like they were done professionally. so easy to use too!! doesn't last long for me, lasted about over a month, but i do apply it quite heavily not gonna lie. just try it guys you wont regret it!!

on 8/21/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very good product for the price-mark ($10). I have this in Taupe, which I like. It's not too dark or ashy and it doesn't seem too red either. If you are blonde and gravitate towards cool/light toned brow products, you may like this shade, but it is slightly more reddish than ashy IMO. It really is a precision product and not good for overall brow filling. I like this for accentuating the arch area of my brow, for example. My only complaint is that I have to really press to get this to impart product on my brow hair. My Lancome Crayon Poudre applies more softly and easily by far, however it is not great for precision. Anyway, worth mentioning, this is super close, arguably even a dupe, for ABH's Brow Wiz, which costs 2x as much at $21.00. Packaging sleek and compact, I like the included brow spoolie. Would repurchase.
Edit: I downgraded this to 3 lippies and no repurchase. With daily use and being careful not to press too hard and break the tip, it still only lasted maybe 6 weeks. It is hard to apply and the spoolie cracked and broke from literally nothing. A Lancome Crayon Poudre in Taupe costs $30.00, offers almost exactly the same shade but lasts more than a year with daily use. Yes, less precision, but easier to apply, doesn't constantly break, looks just as good and actually saves a lot of money.

I bought both ash and chocolate for my brown-black brows. Both are waaaay too red/warm toned (don't let the name 'ash' fool you). Unusable. I still can't find a fine pencil that is cool-toned with dark enough but not painted-on-looking color, but L'Oréal brow stylist definer is the closest I've come. I think the color is dark brunette.

on 8/14/2017 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Very fine, pigmented, and affordable, my only complaint is that the caps are useless.

So far, I really like this product! It is very easy to apply and does not feel weird on the eyebrows. I used to love wearing the brow pencils' from Smashbox but I do not believe in spending $30 on eye brow products. I believe this could be a dupe for the Smashbox pencils as well. I look forward to using this product everyday!

on 8/10/2017 5:00:00 PM

Really great eyebrow pencil thats amazing for filling in and precision work.
A lot of colors to choose from, not waxy and also not too dry. Liked it enough to repurchase, although it's around 13$ wish it was a little more affordable considering the size.

on 8/3/2017 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this brow pencil, falls to my top three after ABH Brow Wiz and LA Girl Slim Shady Brow. My shade is "Black", and it blends perfectly with natural brow hair and skin tone. It glides and fills my brows smoothly and great on shaping my brows. But what falls this to number three is the waxy texture that I get that is more from the LA Girl one, also the pigmentation packs a bit less than ABH or LA Girl.

on 7/20/2017 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in Espresso to see if I could find a less expensive dupe of Anastasia's Dark Brown (Brunette) Brow Wiz, which costs twice as much. Well, hallelujah, the NYX Micro Brow Pencil is a terrific product! I am now on my third repurchase. I have very dark brows which are thinning in places (thanks to being in my late 40s) and fair skin, and I do NOT want people looking at my brows and seeing *makeup*--yuck. I'd rather people just think, "Oh, she's so lucky to have great brows." I use very light, short strokes of this pencil to fill in the thin places, and then blend with the spoolie. Blending is definitely key if you're going for a natural look. Also, I should add that my oily complexion tends to just eat whatever makeup I put on my face. It looks great for about an hour and then just goes to hell. I loved the Anastasia Brow Wiz because it didn't move--and neither does this! It lasts for hours. Love, love love this product.

PS. I accidentally purchased NYX Micro Brow in Brunette recently instead of Espresso. It is not a color suited for dark brown hair because it's too red. It goes on more like auburn. Lovely, but not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's a really good eye brow pencil the lasting power is good. The color is good also, but It is very little product in the package so you have to buy a new one every month.

Popular Brows Products