NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

4.3

on 1/30/2016 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I picked this up in "espresso" and I usually use Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ebony. It has a red tint to it which I find to be common in NYX brow products and annoying. However it isn't too bad and I like how quickly I can fill my brows in, the formula needs touching up due to my oily skin but I think I could solve that with brow gel, but I can just use the brow wiz and buy only one product for longer wear. I would potentially buy this again, it's not bad but I will definitely buy it in "black" next time cuz I severely dislike the red tint in espresso.

***Edit: I bought this pencil again in black just for curiosity sake. It matches "Brow Wiz" in Ebony almost perfectly. It's more of a dark brown neutral shade vs being actually black. I'd bump my rating up half a star if I could, there's no red in this pencil whatsoever.

on 12/10/2015 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great affordable brow pencil. Fine tip allows great precision, usable spoolie at the end to brush out and blend. Lasts well, though I always set with a brow gel. I use the black shade, I have black hair and sparse brows so I just use less pressure at the front and a little more to fill in the tail of my brow. Very affordable, esp if you get it bogo at a drugstore. Comparable to ABH brow wiz, and better than the Sephora version which I found crumbly. Only con is that i have accidentally put the shorter cap (from the spoolie end) on the pencil end and crushed the pencil :( wish the caps were the same length.

on 11/12/2015 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use ABH Brow Wiz in Medium Brown, but am going to be replacing it with this NYX dupe. The closest shade I could find, as the shades look to be warmer in the NYX Micro Brow, is Ash Brown. I have dark brown hair. Same precise application that lasts all day. The NYX version is slightly drier in consistency. My brows are pretty full already, so it's mostly just filling in a bit of the arch and tail of each brow. The overall look is very similar, so am happy to have this more economical option.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I use this in Espresso (Revlon Colorstay Caramel/soft black eyebrows), though I probably could use Black for a more dramatic look. This gives the most natural yet defined look! The tip is thin and perfect for drawing in realistic brow hairs. The spoolie on the other end is convenient for brushing hairs into place and blending in a pinch. I usually wouldn't pay ten dollars for a brow pencil, but the results are nice enough to justify it. (That is, if I can't catch a sale when I need another one)

I have this in Chocolate and have been using it about 2 weeks. I like how the formula is drier and I honestly love the spoolie. I brush my brows down and fill them in, then brush them back into place. Being new to filling in my brows, I do not have anything to compare this product to, but it is preferred to using a brown eye liner!!
I am cautious about using too much, or making them too dark/ severe, but I feel more put together when they are 'done'.

Popular Brows Products