Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30
1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

3.7

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Jojoba and Sunflower Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PhytoCellTec (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Soothing Complex: [Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Ofcinalis Bark, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Leaf Cell and Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extracts], Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Pomegranate Oils*, Algae and Melon Extracts, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Corn Starch*, White Tea, Rooibos and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extracts*�, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Rose Geranium Oil*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil

on 10/11/2016 4:08:00 PM

This stuff smells SO good! I love putting it on just for that reason. All of the ingredients are of high quality and support skin health. I was a little disappointed with the coverage, thinking a CC cream was supposed to be more tinted. It doesn't even my skin tone at all, but I will repurchase for sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It is the closest thing I can find to the Juice Beauty CC cream, which is my HG, that doesn't break the bank. The lightest shade of this, sheer nude, is too dark on me, and it also oxidizes when used with my powder. In order to use this CC cream, I have to cut it with Andalou Naturals Untinted Beauty balm. That way it's a pretty good approximation of the Juice Beauty CC. That being said, I feel like the Juice Beauty heals my acne scarring and completely eradicated my tendency for cystic acne, and this does not. Using this for about 3 weeks and all of a sudden I have the first cystic acne blemish that I've had since I started using the juice Beauty CC cream in January. I'm going to continue using it for now because it really makes my skin look fresh and dewy and healthy and it saves me a lot of money over the Juice Beauty, but if I get more cystic acne that's going to be a deal-breaker for me. In that case I'll just have to lump it and go back to Juice. I think this is an excellent foundation for anyone not prone to cystic acne who wants a natural product with a natural looking healthy dewy finish, and skin that is slightly darker than mine.

on 7/29/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This unfortunately did not work for my skin... The packaging claims this product is "mattifying," which is completely untrue. It gives a dewy, almost greasy finish, even after it soaks in/dries. My skin is naturally oily, so the only way I can wear this is by layering powder on top of it and blotting all day long. I prefer to use foundation powder with this, rather than translucent, because I need the coverage that this CC cream lacks. By itself, this product is VERY sheer, which is fine. I expected that as the package does say "sheer." It barely evened out a bit of redness, but did absolutely nothing to cover blemishes and hyperpigmentation scars. That all being said, the rose smell is nice and I love that it's all natural and cruelty-free. I feel like I'm using something that's actually good for my skin. Once powdered and set, my skin feels moisturized and smooth and I don't feel like I'm wearing makeup at all.

Overall, I'll wear this on days that I don't need a ton of coverage or lasting power, but want to just even out skin tone. My biggest complaint is that I was hoping it would live up to it's "mattifying" claim, but it definitely fails in that department. If I had dry skin with less scarring to cover, I would probably love this product!

on 6/28/2016 5:31:00 PM

Ok, Ive got aging skin, and this works so very well for me. Third summer in which I use it for foundation, with no other products required. Cheaper than it cosmetics, smells delicious, glowy, lasts on the skin, and I love it. Med coverage, but you could add a powder over it, like PF talc free, and it is freaking flawless, budgeproof, sun proof, and goof proof.

I still mourn Becca LSC, but this is an excellent consolation.

on 4/24/2016 11:31:00 AM

Tried this product for the first time today and despite saying it is "mattifying" on the box, it most definitely is not. It is fairly greasy and makes my skin shiny and oily-looking. You can actually see the oil separate from the tinted cream when you squeeze the product onto your finger. I am very fair skinned, and this did not make me look orange at all (I bought the nude shade). That is likely because the coverage is so sheer it basically provides no coverage. Anyways, I applied my concealer and setting powder after this and had to apply some powder foundation for more coverage. Then continued with bronzer, blush etc. The finished result looks good actually. The powder fixes the oily problem easily and the powder foundation gave me the coverage I wanted. Moisturized my skin pretty well too, although I applied it over a moisturizer, but I could probably use this in place of that. The product smells strongly of roses, which doesn't bother me, I just hope it doesn't irritate my skin despite this being supposedly good for sensitive skin. For the price, it is a bit high for something that is supposed to be a CC cream that really doesn't do anything at all, but the ingredients are pretty healthy plus the SPF is in it so I guess it may fair in that sense. I am really really hoping it does not break out my acne-prone skin. It contains jojoba oil and some other ingredients that aren't usually good for those who have acne, so I am hoping this won't be a problem as I'm going on vacation in a few days and had to pick up a facial sunscreen. If it causes me to break out I won't continue to use it nor will I repurchase.

on 9/26/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately this product did not work out for me personally, but kudos to Andalou for its attempt to bring clean, affordable BB/CC creams into the market! I think this is definitely a hit or miss product depending on what one is looking for. I think this is great for those (just like the reviewers below) who:
1. don't need a lot of coverage, just slight evening out
2. want glowy, dewy finish & don't mind slight tackiness left on the skin (which is easily remedied by powder on top)
3. need good physical sun protection with clean ingredients
and I can see why some people love this, while others (like myself) don't as much.

Although I have dry skin, I found the finish of this too shiny and tacky for my taste; I don't like to use powder on my face, so I just leave it as is. Even when I put *only* this without any moisturizer under it, it's oily but not necessarily hydrating. The color is also neutral enough to fit most skin tones, but for my moderately fair skin, it was a smidge too dark---you can see the shade difference between my neck and face in daylight. I will use this up as a facial sunscreen, but I do feel quite disappointed that it did not work for me. But if you have mature, *very* dry skin, love dewy finishes and don't need a lot of coverage, give this a try! You can use code YEW608 to get $10 off your order on iherb.com, which is where I purchased mine from.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for almost a year, and it doesn't cause breakouts on my oily, acne-prone skin. It leaves me shiny, so I do need to finish with a blotting powder over this. But I love the light coverage that evens out my complexion and the sun protection. I get many compliments on the scent as well. I will keep repurchasing.

on 5/3/2015 7:23:00 AM

I have never used a CC cream before so I don't know how this compares to other CC products, but this is an amazing find for me. I'm 39 and was looking for a sheer, dewy effect from my makeup - I bought the last one of these on sale at WF thinking it might do the trick, and oh my God! It's is *super* thick going on, but the heaviness doesn't last, and it just feels like this rich, moisturizing treatment, but with the added benefits of a bit of coverage and the SPF. I still use a 110 SPF first no matter what because I am paranoid about the sun, but let that sink in for a few minutes before applying this. The first time I used it I kept checking myself out in any nearby reflective surface because I couldn't believe how healthy and glowy my skin looked. And it lasted all day - no sliding around or dissipating. This, some concealor, and a little cream blush = perfect look! I really like the fragrance, but can understand how it might be off-putting or irritating for some people. So far I've used the Andalou lavender and biotin shampoo/conditioner, and one of the facial toners, and really like them all. Great product line!

on 3/10/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Tan, which is (as the name says) a sheer tinted moisturizer with SPF 30. I love Andalou Naturals and so far, the 1000 Roses line is my favorite. I have combination, acne-prone skin and neither this CC moisturizer, foam cleanser, serum, nor the facial oil have broken me out. That is already a big win in my case.

I have medium/olive skin with neutral/warm undertones and find this product to blend in rather easily. Keep in mind it's sheer so it's not a substitute for concealer. (I wasn't expecting this to give heavy coverage.) Though it's rather light, I can feel it throughout the day since it doesn't absorb completely. Also, I'm not quite sure this is as hydrating as they claim. The ingredients look very good but if I don't exfoliate and moisturize routinely, this will emphasize my dry patches. Those are the only cons IME.

On the plus side, I do think it is more mattifying than their Oil Control Beauty Balm (Un-Tinted). I plan to stick to this CC moisturizer since it's light and gives me adequate sun protection. It's also good to know this is designed for sensitive skin types with gentle and beneficial ingredients. I will be repurchasing.

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) and Helianthus Annuus (Sunower) Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PhytoCellTec (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Soothing Complex: [Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Ofcinalis Bark, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Leaf Cell and Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extracts], Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oils*, Algae and Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extracts, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch*, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea), Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extracts*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil

Non-GMO verified *Organic Fair Trade