Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.5

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was skeptical of its abilities but it does a pretty good job as a finishing spray to cancel out the powdery appearance after I apply my finishing powder. Experience no separation of foundation on my face and nor does it fad the finished look. Its best to spray before application of mascara unless you are going for the raccoon look. The fragrance is very light and I'm happy to note that it does not contain alcohol. I refuse to use it as a primer before foundation application because I don't want it to reduce my spf capabilities that are in my daytime moisturizer. Another added plus is the spray nozzle lets out a very fine mist. Will I repurchase? Most definitely.

on 2/12/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this but not really sure about it's priming abilities. What I find this helpful for is more of a hydrating, alcohol free setting spray, very similar to MAC Fix Plus. I still think a normal primer is necessary, but this is still a nice spray.

LOVE! I've tried a lot of different primers, and generally end up shiny by midday. But this really works, a couple of sprays before putting on foundation (which goes on about the same as using a liquid primer) and a couple of sprays after and I'm good without touching up or powdering until evening.

on 2/2/2015 11:13:00 AM

Was skeptical, am now convinced!

This is amazing. I asked the Sephora makeup artist if I needed a primer before using the Smashbox CC cream and she steered me towards this product. She misted my skin and it gave me the lovliest glow. She said it could be used to prime the skin before makeup, can be used after makeup to set and can be used throughout the day to hydrate and keep the skin fresh. I was sold. I have used it a couple of times and so far I love it. Although there is fragrance in the ingredients, I didn't detect any scent at all, so if you're sensitive to fragrance I don't think this will be a problem. It's silicone, oil and alcohol free. Feels light and dries quickly leaving the skin dewy and radiant, but not at all looking greasy or wet. The packaging is adorable and the spray dispenses the product as an even, fine mist. I highly recommend this product.