Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.5

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on a whim and was surprised by how much I like it. Hydrates my skin really well and from what I can tell it seems to make my foundation go on better, possibly just due to the hydration but I'm not sure. Regardless, I really like this as both a primer and a finishing spray, it gives me a "dewy finish" which was something I previously thought was reserved for those with a skin type less akin to a snake. 🐍

on 4/19/2015 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I'll be very honest. I have no idea what this does. It claims to prime your makeup. I use it before my foundation as a primer and more so after as a setting spray. I love it and makes me feel fancy. That's about it. It's $32 fancy face water that smells just like Mac fix+ But the mist is finer. Lol. It's totally not a necessary just a lil bit of luxury.

on 4/19/2015 8:51:00 PM

Pricy but works wonders for dry skin! Will definitely be repurchasing

on 3/27/2015 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this idk what it is biut its magical

What's the point of this product? It's geared as a primer? It's water with a little caffeine and diamond powder (which has no benefit for skin).

Any antioxidant properties will degrade thanks to the translucent bottle and I'd rather use their much better and well made silicon based primers and maybe MAC Fix+ spray if I'm going to be using a liquid form primer. Pass!

This is my favorite hydrating, dewy finish setting spray.

Edit: removed 2 lippies because this breaks me out instantly. ) : every time I use it, hours later I have new zits forming.

I really love smashbox... And I am a huge fan of the regular photo finish primer, but this stuff did absolutely nothing for my skin except make it a greasy mess! I wanted to love it so bad! I tried it every day for a week but I got the same result! I have oily skin and he regular primer works like a dream for me. But this stuff.... It made my skin more oily! I'm sure this would be a great product for you if you have dry skin, but oily people beware! I still love the brand, just not this product!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised at how much I liked this product! Did not have the highest expectations as I did not think a water spray could make a difference in my makeup application, however it did. This felt soothing on my dry skin and left a smooth base for my foundation. It did not minimize pores or make my makeup stick in place for that much longer, but I really think this is a worthwhile product for people especially with dry or sensitive skin who want a primer to help their makeup sit on their face a lot smoother without heavy silicones or irritation. Been using it every time I apply makeup and I won't be stopping! I did a video review on this product as well and applied it only to half of my face when I did my makeup and I saw and felt the difference. It's up on

if you'd like to check it out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Skin Type: Sensitive- Combination with acne prone and dry patch prone and redness

I have tried a lot of primers and I have hated most of them. I may have acne prone skin but its not usually oily and most primers make me more oily and then break me out in places where I hardly break out.

I saw Jaclyn Hill rave about this primer and thought hmm maybe its worth it? So I went to Sephora and bought it. I have fallen in love it does exactly what It claims. I apply this after my moisturizer has dried in and it creates the perfect canvas for me to do my makeup. My skin has started clearing up this week and I think part of it is this primer. I've always been using to set my makeup and it makes me glow. It was also nice in the middle of the day to wake your skin up. It also gets my makeup to stay all day without separating. This is now my holy grail primer.

I hated almost every primer I've tried from Smashbox, but something made me try this one, with zero expectations.
Well, I have to say I love it, I am addicted to it and will most definitely rebuy.
It does something most primers never did for me: it helps my foundation look airbrushed, and not become separated throughout the day! Who knew that was possible?

I use it as a primer, on top of my moisturizer (now that it's winter, in the summertime I'm planning on using it as my sole primer).
I pat it on my face with clean fingers, to speed up the drying process, then when it dries I apply my foundation. The miracle happens about 15 minutes later, when I look in the mirror I just see airbrushed perfection, and my face is far from perfect, with lots of texture issues.

My skin is oily/combination with flakey patches, and this primer helps balance everything out, so that I don't get oily, but also my flakes are undetectable.

The scent is so delicate and subtle, and it just feels good on.

I haven't really used it on top of my makeup because I'm not a fan of overly glowy complexions, but the one time I did try it like that, the foundation didn't separate. Another miracle!

I never tried MAC Fix + so I can't compare, but now that I know I like this, I will keep using it.