Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.5

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 12/4/2015 11:42:00 PM

Overhyped, overpriced.

Get Cinema Secrets moisture spray for 1/3 the price and it has the exact results and function.

This product is more for pre moisture mist but cant totally replace a good old moisturizer. Also works as a refresher, avoiding the powdery look or give a dewy look.

It oxidizes the color of foundation a bit.

2/5

on 12/4/2015 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Smashbox is very vague about what this product is specifically used for, which normally would steer me away from it. Buuut, I was cruising Sephora on Black Friday and saw a $10 bundle for a small size of this and Smashbox's primer, and figured I'd try it.

I don't know if this could be used by itself as a primer. Maybe someone with very good skin could do that, but I have some dry patches and need a thicker primer to work with them. I will say that it works well WITH a primer. I've been using this and the smashbox primer together since I got them, and I plan to try this with my old primer, too.

First of all, this is probably not intended, but it is very refreshing to spray this on. I tend to put it on after priming my face. I've noticed that, because of it, my foundation doesn't oxidize as much, and stays more color-true throughout the day.
Secondly, I've been using this as a way to refresh my makeup. It does bring life back to my face after several hours, and I like it for that.

All that said? This is not, by far, anything essential. Yes, I plan on buying more, but I could just as easily go without. It's just a luxury product.

on 10/21/2015 10:07:00 AM

I don't think this is anything more then water in a bottle. I still have to wear a primer with this. I use it to refresh my face

on 10/8/2015 8:00:00 PM

Oh how I wanted to like this. I bought the $16 sample size from ulta and I'm glad I did, I don't regret buying it because I really wanted to try it. It makes my skin look really really greasy after an hour or two. I just notice all of the foundation and powder I put around my nose area just seperates and gets mushed up into the sides of my nose. I use Mac studio fix fluid w. A setting powder and I stay matte for hours but not with this. I've only used it as a primer though, not a setting spray because I've been too afraid that it's gonna make my makeup run. I even tried just using a couple spritz directly on my foundation brush instead of my face and it was the same greasy results. I gave it a 3 because I like the 3 in 1 concept, I like the packaging, and I like the fact that this was available in the sample sample/travel size.

on 8/29/2015 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a revelation!
Having used smashbox original primers previously and not understanding the buzz around them (I ended up with an oil slick for a forehead... Not usual for someone with dry skin!) I was wary but bought into the hype and purchased this product and I'm glad I did!

The water can be used to prime skin, as a setting spray, and to add moisture to makeup throughout the day to freshen your look - multi use means it is great value for money

I spritz around 5/6 pumps across my face and neck area after my moisturiser has sunk in and apply my makeup after a minute or so, I have noticed a difference in the way my makeup sits on my skin since using this product and now use it every day as a primer.

As a setting spray it also works really well, I wouldn't say it is as amazing as all nighter by urban decay but because it can be used in a number of different ways (unlike all nighter) it's better value for money, I've found it does seem to refresh my face if I spritz it over my made up face throughout the day which is nice too, it feels moisturising and less "tight"

Another great use for it is to spritz a beauty blender before applying makeup without and it seems to give it a bit of extra staying power

I think if you have oily skin this might not be as good a primer as some others on the market but it's a great balance for my dry skin

I love this primer to death! I bought it when it first came out a few months ago and I still have half a bottle left after daily use, sometimes twice daily. I only use it as a primer, I spray 5-6 pumps evenly and then pat in it very gently and let it dry for about 5 minutes until it's only slightly tacky. It keeps my makeup in place so well all day! I work out daily and often in a very warm room and even when sweat is literally dripping off of my face, my foundation does not budge! I used a different primer today (POP Beauty Face Magnet) and noticed that my foundation was running down my face and got in to my eyes and stung badly during my workout. I haven't tried this like Fix + yet since I have the real one already, so I can't comment on that use. Overall definitely worth the $32 I paid for it and will definitely repurchase over and over again.

on 6/26/2015 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Got this as a sample and couldn't figure out what to do with it. Like was it a toner, primer, setting spray, skin refresher?!? Was it similar to my MAC Fix+? Did some digging and found out it's a 3 in 1 liquid primer. I've used Smashbox primer for years and I was game for something new. I pumped a couple of spritzes on my face and it felt light and didn't smell heavily scented nor like a chemical. I tried it on a humid Saturday night out wearing full makeup. I did use regular Smashbox primer underneath because I was to chicken. Now I'm a Urban Decay All Nighter kinda gal so I was leery this wouldn't hold it's weight for at least 5 hours. The mist feels finer than the UD but it definitely held it's own. I didn't see my face completely melt off in the hot weather + dancing. I bought the full sized bottle and yeah it's pricey but I think it's worth it. Going to pick up the travel sized bottle because it's worth it to have on hand for that end of the day pick me up say between work and happy hour (ok maybe that's just me).

on 5/26/2015 8:36:00 PM

I love the way this smells and I feel like it does work well as a primer but to set my makeup, it doesn't seem to do much.

This is awful stuff, what a waste of money! I bought it to set my make up, rather than as a primer and all that it does is make your face wet and cause your make up to run. I've tried spraying it from further away and using only the minimal amount, but it still has exactly the same effect. Once dry, it still doesn't set make up. As I said, I didn't use this as a primer, but can't believe for a moment that it would be any use, as it is literally so wet and lands on your face in patches. If I could give it less than one lippy I would!

on 4/27/2015 5:25:00 PM

I love this so much! It's the perfect spray to use before foundation, so it glides on easier.. And after powder to set everything. Even if I don't wear makeup I will use this during the day when my face feels dry. Are there less expensive alternatives..? Definitely! I had a spray toner from Natures Gate (that's probably discontinued since I can't find it) that I used to use in the same way. This Smashbox stuff is just a fancy scented water but the mist is fantastic, doesn't disturb anything I've applied, so ... Whatever I need it!! I might try the Fix+ stuff when I run out since its supposed to be similar (thanks makeup alley)