Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.5

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

I'm not 100% sure if it makes my make up stay on longer
But it feels lovely to mist on the face before make up .
It's so fresh, and for dry skin its wonderful as it's very hydrating aswell .
And the bottle lasts like forever !

on 2/3/2016 8:04:00 PM

I'm bewildered about this product. I got a small size at Sephora. Basically, it's ... water. On my skin it;s exactly like water. I'm glad it works so well for others, but I won't buy this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I live in the deep South and make-up rarely ever stays on for long during the summer months (don't even get me started on the eyeshadow creases). This product is nothing short of AMAZING!! My make-up stays on all day and all night. I also have very oily skin, but this stuff adds no additional oils to my face. It's oil, alcohol, and silicone free! I even made the bridal party in my best friend's wedding use this and not one girl had to reapply her make-up the entire time!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Transdermal magneisum chloride is extremely beneficial for the skin. But what I'm concerned with is the addition of calcium chloride. Is this causing more harm than good? I do find this soothing, light and hydrating. .. all without feeling heavy like other setting sprays that contain castor oil or glycerin (glycerin always tends to dry my skin out eventually) but with the calcium in it im unsure if this is a good option long term. I do feel like this has slightly lightened my hyperpigmented ezcema scarring after a day of use (perhaps the increased hydration?)

Regardless, I work in a dry office and will use this to refresh my skin throughout the day. Bought the travel size for a test run. Will update at a later date.

BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! Okay so I was kinda skeptical seeing as how it looks just like fancy water but oh how I was wrong. If you apply this as a primer, before your primer, or after your primer under your foundation, this will make your foundation look incredibly flawless. No joke. I so didn't wanna like this cause it's quite pricey but this is something I will never think twice about buying again. I've used this every day since I bought it and every day no matter what my foundation is, it looks amazing. I have dry skin and matte foundations tend to look really cakey on my skin but this totally takes that away and hydrates the skin so nicely. Definitely a must for me!!!!!!

on 1/23/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What is this for exactly? Is it a primer or a setting spray? Is it water or does it actually have ingredients in it that set makeup in order to make it last longer? I'm confused! I have somewhat oily skin and this stuff did absolutely zero for me. I first used it as a primer and it took 5 full minutes to dry. My foundation sunk into every single pore on my face (which it doesn't do when I use a silicone primer) and looked absolutely awful. I next tried it as a setting spray and it made my makeup run down my face (it took me 20 minutes to apply everything and mere seconds to destroy it, damn it!), so it definitely doesn't work for that purpose. So I have no idea what it's actually intended to do. It didn't make my makeup last longer and actually caused an oil slick in an hour, which is sooner than if I used no powder to set my foundation. So naturally I returned this stuff to Sephora pronto. I can see no redeeming qualities to this product. I think I'm being quite generous in giving this primer water two lippies. I really should give it one (or none if that were an option). This is by far the worst product I've tried in a long, long time. I was attracted to it because it didn't have silicone and was oil free, which I interpreted as being good for oily skin. Boy was I wrong. I have no idea what skin type could benefit from this stuff. Certainly not oily gals. My makeup has never looked worse. I was glad to get back to my normal routine. I much prefer my Lorac Porefection primer and my UD All Nighter setting spray. I may decide to try MAC Fix+ in the future, but I need to recover from my experience with this primer water, which may take some time. I'm just glad Sephora has a generous return policy. I would be hugely pissed if I wasted $32 on such a sucky product that has no discernible redeeming qualities. I definitely don't recommend this product for anyone with any skin type or anyone who wears makeup of any kind, lol!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Got a sample of this.

Meh.

it does nothing for my skin that spritzing plain water wouldn't do, so why bother? It's a huge con and waste of money in my opinion. It doesn't make my make up stay on and it doesn't freshen the look of my make up either.

Will not buy the full size and can't even be bothered finishing the sample if I'm honest.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this because Jaclyn Hill used it in her videos around the same time that I ran out of my Too Faced primer. I do really like the way the primer water smells and feels on my skin. I use it after moisturizing and before putting on my foundation. I do not think it makes makeup lasts longer, it doesn't moisturize skin but it makes me feel awake and fresh. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend unless you have a lot of money to spend on water in a nice spray bottle. I'm sure I could mix rose water and glycerin in a bottle and get a similar effect at a portion of the price

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I like it. It doesn't break me out like fix plus does. Great for days when my skin is dry or on cold winter mornings. It makes the skin dewy. Dries quickly. I would definitely repurchase in the future.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Although I find this product better for setting makeup. I feel as a primer it is very hydrating, yet results look better when followed after the photo finish primer as well! These two together are amazing. Yet I don't think I would buy this again. Too over priced for the job that can't be done on its own