Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.5

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

This is a great product for freshing up your make up look after a few hours, I would not use it as a primer though as it doesn't seem to do much for me.

on 4/24/2016 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this product. My skin is so dry, and no matter how great my foundation starts out, it gets cakey/seperates in a couple of hours into my day. I thought this was my solution! Unfortunately, this was a total fail for me. It didn't refresh my makeup; I think it actually made it worse! So, I tried it before my makeup as a primer. Nope. It gave no longevity to my foundation, it seemed like I had skipped primer altogether. I am truly bewildered with all of the positive reviews for this product. Total waste of money.

on 4/17/2016 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

While this product does absolutely nothing for my oily skin.... I still love the amazing finish that it gives me!!! I am learning to control my oil with other products (mattifying moisturizer by dermalogica, MOM, etc.) specifically in the t-zone, then I apply the foundation or Bb cream of the day, a light veil of powder and then I set with this primer water. All I can say is yasssss!!!! Believe the hype. I am so lucky that I caught the full size on sale at ulta for $16; I bought two!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Never would have looked twice at this if it was not on sale at Ulta. What a great, pleasant surprise this turned out to be!

I use this as a setting spray, and it just makes my makeup look seamless and....photo ready!!! I do not detect a scent (thank goodness!) and it does not irritate my sensitive skin. It also absorbs quickly into the skin and does not leave those little annoying water droplets like some similar sprays do. So many sprays either you get nothing if you spray too far or you feel like you have water drops dripping if I spray too close. This sprays very evenly, and a nice fine mist. I will say the bottle is kind of cheap looking, but it does perform some serious magic!

Sprays evenly and I do not get 'water drops' on my face like I do with many setting sprays (and I have tried just about all of them, pretty much gave up on them, that is why I never bothered to look at this one until it was on sale), and this also dries faster than most setting sprays that I have tried, because it is an even, fine mist.

Also, for me, it prevents the 'cake makeup' look, it hydrates but not 'too much'....yet what is *supposed* to stay matte, stays matte and this does not make me look shiny. I think this will also be nice as a cooling spray for the upcoming hot humid summer months. Very happy with my purchase. Would recommend if someone was in the market for this type of spray.

I did take a lippie off however, because for me, this did not perform what I think a 'primer' should do, and that is to make makeup last longer and/or bring out the colors more, and this did neither of that for me. But when you have 'primer' in your name, I am going to rate you as a primer, obviously!! But as a setting spray, I think this is amazing!!! I use the Smashbox poreless primer anyway, so I still *do* use a primer when I need/want one. I just use this as a setting spray, and I am very, very happy with it!!

Not a necessity in life or a makeup drawer, but definitely makes things nicer. Would re-purchase if it goes on sale again, but it is a BIT pricey for what it is, imo. But it is the best setting spray that I have tried, and I think I have tried them all, certainly ones comparable in price and even a couple d/s ones. So again, not something I think is absolutely necessary in a makeup arsenal, but I would definitely re-purchase on sale. So I marked yes, I would re-purchase!! :)

on 4/1/2016 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Like what does this product even do? I only got it because it was 50% off. When I first saw it advertised I figured it was just water, and I should have gone with my gut. I haven't noticed any difference in how my makeup looks. I spray it on after moisturizer, rub it in a little to make sure it got everywhere, then let it dry. Does nothing. And I don't use it as a setting spray because my UD All Nighter might see me and get mad.

The spray is really nice, very powerful and mist..y? But don't waste your money. I'll try a different primer when this is gone.

on 4/1/2016 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

One of the best primers out I use this before and after makeup application. Really locks in your makeup and helps for a smoother application process. Kinda of expensive but worth the money

on 3/5/2016 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been through two travel size bottles of this and I have to say, just save your money and buy a cheaper primer. I think for priming purposes, it's not as good as a cream/gel primer. This did come in handy when I was in a hurry and just needed to get out the door. I'd spray my face, then brush my teeth while it dried, then start makeup. But otherwise, I'm much happier with a regular primer and won't purchase this in full size.

on 2/21/2016 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is amazing! Like a lot of people I was thinking that this was a gimmick and a total waste of money so naturally I spayed the tester liberally and kept on playing in Mecca. Then I came across my reflection 5 minutes later and was like *wow!*

I found I had a natural finish and nice glow on top of my usual it cosmetics powder (which is fantastic BTW!!) I tried using other sprays but feel nice but don't do much in the way of setting makeup. My skin becomes super congested if I use anything with silicone in it so this is very exciting. The silicone free primers that I have used beforehand tend to make me oily and the makeup comes off anyway - so I may well not have used it in the first place.

My makeup tends to oxidise and change colour but I have found that the colour I put on is the colour it stays. The spray has a nice smell to it and the ingredients list is pretty cool. Not entirely sure how it would work but it seems to. Only downside seems to be the price - $47AUD for the bottle.

Can't live without this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Not my favorite product that's for sure. Once I sprayed this, I went to look in the mirror and my face was so red and looked like an oil slick immediately. I do not have a huge problem with oily skin. Sometimes my t zone gets shiny as the day goes on, but this made my WHOLE face look like I was sweating bullets. I made sure to hold the bottle far away before spraying and I still got this effect. I haven't really had any luck with skin sprays. Mac fix + is the only one Ive found that works on me. The whole UD skindinavia line didn't work for me either. If this works for you then great! Unfortunately this was a miss for me..