Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water Photo Finish Primer WaterPhoto Finish Primer Water

3.5

Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate

on 10/13/2016 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I usually spray this on to give my skin a little more hydration. It helps makeup stick a little better. However, I've heard that Mac Fix + is better and cheaper so I'll try that out too. I definitely don't think it's necessary... just a nice little extra step.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very similar to MAC Fix+ it almost smells the same to. This is very wet and does not do anything really, I would recommend fix+ over this and it's also cheaper.

on 8/18/2016 7:04:00 AM

I've been using the Smashbox primer water on and off for about 3 months. I keep going back to it but it just doesn't work for me. The Mac fix+ is far superior and cheaper. Smashbox primer water is basically water. It didn't do anything to help my makeup look more dewy or last longer. I've tried it on a damp beauty blender to apply foundation and it didn't do anything different that if I had just used water. I still have half a bottle left and I'm just going to give it away. It's a disappointing product.

on 8/17/2016 5:54:00 AM

After all the hype on Youtube about this product a while ago, I bought a full size of it. I agree that it´s useful to slightly dampen the skin or the beautyblender before applying foundation, and for spraying it on top of the makeup at the end to make it look less powdery and more glowy. But these are things that are also just as well doable with MAC Fix+ or many other, cheaper alternatives – I guess even some spray-on toners! I can´t say for sure if my makeup lasts longer when I use this, which means – if it makes a difference in longevity, it´s only an insignificant one. It took me a really long time to use the bottle up, so a little goes a long way, but I won´t repurchase because I found it somewhat average.

on 8/5/2016 5:51:00 PM

Meh, this is just OK. I use it with their photofinish powder foundation and don't find it changes the longevity either used under or over top of the foundation. Won't repurchase

on 7/24/2016 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this product after a lot of girls recommended it to me. it's a reallly nice, light and hydrating mist that makes your face feel really fresh if you use it as a primer and it sticks down those tiny hairs on your face as a setting spray.
however! i also own mac charged water spray and i was really disappointed to find out it is the exact. same. product. all the ingredients are the same yet macs is about $20 cheaper.
overall there is nothing wrong with this product but it's not really a fantastic setting spray and i can't justify the price.

on 7/23/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I got this as a sample from Sephora. I have been using it as a primer instead of as a setting spray, and so far I like this product. With the sample size, it takes a few targeted sprays to cover the face, and it does to take a minute or so to dry. Once it dried, my face did feel hydrated but not oily (my skin is naturally very oily). Makeup went on easily after it, and I did get the sensation that it was "locked in" without dryness. It did in fact keep my makeup looking good throughout the majority of the day, and even though it doesn't say that this is a purpose of the product in the description, my skin was not as oily when using this product. Makeup did still come off easily if I brushed my face against something, though, and this didn't do anything in the way of covering pores or scarring (again, it's not intended to). I'm interested to try this as a setting spray, too. I've finished my sample, but I would definitely buy the full size product.

on 7/23/2016 1:31:00 PM

I bought this primer on a whim and I had high hopes for it, but it didn't really do anything for me as a primer. I didn't see a difference when wearing it and not wearing it, so on my counter it sat... until I decided to try it as a makeup refresher. It made my face feel cool and refreshed, but I feel like something a lot cheaper could essentially do the same thing (maybe a spritz of water from a spray bottle?). I'll continue to use it until it's empty, but I won't repurchase.

on 6/6/2016 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

About the only positive for this is the packaging and how finely and powerfully the mist sprays out of the bottle. I have normal to dry skin & because I'm getting into my late 30s I need to use a line/pore filling primer in areas of my face - the silicon in such primers often makes my foundation sit funny on my skin or seem like it hasn't "stuck" to my skin. When I saw a youtuber use this primer water over top of a siliconey pore filling primer to help her makeup stick, I thought all my problems were solved.

Sadly, this was not the case. This product actually seems to dry my skin out terribly when used in this manner as well as when used over the top of makeup as a setting spray. I did my normal skin care routine, waited 30 minutes for my moisturiser to sink in as normal, applied my pore/line filling primer as normal, waited for it to dry then misted the primer water over top, allowing it to dry before applying my (Armani Luminous Silk) foundation. My face felt immediately tight and dry, and as the day wore on my foundation turned into dry, scaly looking patches on my face! Never seen any product do this before.

I tried again using my much loved Too Faced Hangover primer underneath for extra moisture and tried a different foundation (Too Faced Born This Way) - it was just as bad. I am so confused how a product that everyone seems to find so hydrating can cause my skin to look like a snake skin :( I don't know what I'm doing wrong but feel like I've tried it in different ways with different product combos with the same results so it must just be my skin? I will be returning this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was really skeptical about this spray primer, which struck me as sort of gimmicky. But I'm now a believer. I purchased a trial size at Sephora and plan to buy the full size once I use up at least one of the primers I currently have "on rotation". I honestly did not think this spray would work as a primer but it totally does. I apply either on my cleansed but otherwise bare face or overtop moisturizer (depending on what foundation I plan to use on top of this). For starters, it is a lovely "wake up" spritz that feels so nice and refreshing. But it also makes a fabulous finish for whatever I apply on top...liquid foundation or CC cream both apply beautifully. What surprised me the most, though, was just how terrific my makeup, applied at 6 a.m., looked at 6 p.m. - it looked absolutely perfect with the exception of a bit of wear on the tip of my nose, but that's probably from nose-blowing (TMI, I know). I haven't yet tried it with powder/mineral foundations nor have I tried it as a setting spray but I plan to test out both of these some weekend or evening, when the results, if not great, won't matter too much. Great product from Smashbox. Now I want to try their Primer Oil (which explains exactly why I have too many primers on rotation right now!).