Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

Hourglass Cosmetics Illusionツョ Hyaluronic Skin Tint

3.9

on 7/8/2017 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Skin: dry, sensitive, NC20. I have this in two colours, Ivory and Warm Ivory, which I find to be very close. The difference is that Ivory is slightly lighter and less yellow-toned than Warm Ivory, so Warm Ivory makes a better match for me in the summertime. This foundation also tends to oxidize warmer and darker, so keep that in mind whilst colour matching.

The name is a bit of a misnomer, as it implies that it would be a light tinted moisturizer with light coverage. The texture of this foundation reminds me so much of Asian BB creams that I used to use years ago. It's thick and emollient, making it not as user-friendly with a sponge. I still like to use most of my foundations with a sponge since it gives me very even coverage with minimal caking, however. It gives medium coverage that's buildable to full, with a dewy finish.

It's one of those foundations that don't necessarily look cakey, but I definitely look made up when I wear this. It doesn't look like it's my natural skin, even though the finish is gorgeous.

Due to the emollient nature of this product, it is most suitable for those of us with dry skin. I would definitely stay away from this if you have oily skin, as I can't really imagine that working out for you. The lasting power is however very impressive for something that is as moisturizing as it is; it lasts about 8 hours on me before it starts to wear off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have CRAZY DRY SKIN. Like I just turned 30 and I'm experiencing premature aging due to hormonal issues (and stress from an a-hole man boy ex but I digress) but this stuff is legit. It's perfect for mature or dry skin. Don't be fooled because it's not a tinted moisturizer. It's as thick and pigmented as a foundation. I often apply this as a last step (over RMS-- trying to keep it natural) with a damp beauty blender. Then if I'm really doing it up, I'll use Dior Airflash as a spot cover with the blender for my nose and under eyes (although I have to be careful-- the Dior is amazing coverage but INSANELY drying).

If you have dry skin, I highly recommend this!!! Worse comes to worse, It's an extraordinary base. I've already repurchased. I seldom go out in glam makeup so I justify the price since it lasts a long time.

on 4/18/2017 2:58:00 AM

returning it tmr. after a few times wearing it, I am now certain it was breaking me out. gave me 4 new pimples including 1 big cyst, a few new whiteheads. coverage is awesome with a flat top brush, natural skin like finish upon application, stays on skin nicely for maxium 4 hours. i tried to touch up but nothing fixed it, ended up wiping it off.

on 2/13/2017 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Me: Olive NC20ish with dry and sensitive skin.

What I like: Not very much. I used a deluxe sample of this product and couldn't wait to wash it off my face after each use. The shade Ivory was an ok match for my skin tone. It does have a good amount of coverage if that's what you are looking for - although I have no idea why it's marketed as a skin tint when it's medium to full coverage. I couldn't test the longevity because I removed it after a few hours each time. It didn't seem to have any noticeable fragrance added which is a plus.

What I didn't like: I applied using a damp beauty blender because the product felt so thick and I thought this would give the sheerest and lightest application. Unfortunately even applying it this way, it felt unbearably waxy and heavy on my skin. For reference, foundations that I do enjoy include Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, IT Cosmetics CC Cream and Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder. These range from quite fluid to more creamy in texture but the Hourglass is heavier than any of these. I found it more difficult to blend due to the texture - it reminded me a little of a waxy foundation stick in how it felt and blended. You might like this 'tint' if that's a foundation formula that you enjoy. However for me personally it did not look natural or skin like when applied, was hard to blend and felt awful during wear so it was an all round fail product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Though they definitely should not be naming this medium to full coverage foundation a "tint", it is amazing. I have normal skin with some dry patches and I have trouble even with some cream foundations accentuating those dry patches. This one looks completely like skin, does not accentuate anything, and a dewy finish. I barely need concealer and I do have some acne scarring. I'm NW10 in mac, and the lightest shade "vanilla" is way dark on me, this is workable with a tan but not without one. I really wish they would expand the shade line to match the vanish shade selection.

on 1/19/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation is soooo beau-ti-ful. If you have dry, mature skin then this is a must. Normally my skin looks so flat and lifely especially now in winter but not with this. I have glowy younger looking skin. It is not a tint but a foundation. It feels a bit like a thick sunscreen. It blends beautifully. Definitely worth the money so run.... ;)

P.S.: I have this in Warm Ivory. I'm MUFE no 120.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Really like this foundation. It is NOT a tint. It provides a lot of coverage. If you're looking for a sheer coating, do the BareMinerals tinted moisturizer/foundation instead. This does provide beautiful coverage. Only downside: it's pricey.

on 12/12/2016 5:27:00 PM

This product is amazing! It applies beautifully and my skin looks better after wearing it. I do wish that they had a more yellow tone but I am working with the shade golden. I have a warm olive tone but I am not dark, medium is pretty accurate. This is a decent winter color.

on 11/27/2016 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm just going to come right out and say this is the best foundation on earth. I cannot even put my love for this product into words that are strong enough to accurately portray my affection.
I am 38 years old and some fine lines and dullness have been creeping up on me. Right now I'm probably about an N20 and the shade "Nude" is perfect for me. I also use retin-a and have a lot of dry patches on my cheeks. My t-zone is prone to getting super oily and I have a huge issue with foundations making my nose oily and my pores look huge.
This foundation is excellent for aging skin. I swear it shaves at least 5 years off of my complexion! It gives a youthful glow without ever being greasy or shiny! The longevity is amazing too. I can easily get 8-10 hours wear without it breaking down or getting splotchy.
**Most importantly...my pores are non-existent when I wear this foundation! I can layer the ever-living hell out of this stuff and it never settles into pores. It literally spackles and smooths right over them like butter. All day. I can easily build up to a solid medium coverage but it looks so good and never "made-up".
To be honest, I didn't expect nor did I want to love this foundation so much. It's quite expensive! But I'm hooked. This is it. The one. My unicorn! 洶

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I am not sure why this is in the Tinted Moisturiser section, as this is definitely a foundation. Perhaps it is the 'Skin Tint' in the name that threw off whoever categorised it.

To put my review into some perspective, I have extremely dry NW10 skin that often breaks out into little eczema patches around my mouth. I am also prone to acne around my mouth due to my use of steroid cream. My skin often hurts as it's so dry, so my moisture needs are very high, and most primers and foundations marketed to dry skin are not moisturising enough for me.

My main requirements for a foundation are that it moisturises my skin throughout the day, doesn't cling to my dry patches, and has light to medium coverage as I have a good concealer that deals with my acne. I like a dewy finish, although I don't mind a soft matte finish if the foundation is super moisturising as a trade-off. I don't have issues with pigmentation, redness, or pores.

I have this foundation in Vanilla, which is the lightest shade. It is slightly too dark for me, but so long as I blend it down my neck then it looks fine. I have not experimented with using a white mixer, but I might consider this in the future as I like to match my skintone as perfectly as I can. I think this would be a perfect match for an NW15, although the lightest NC shades might be able to get away with it as well.

This is a **very very very** moisturising foundation. People with oily skin will not like it at all and I'd advise that they steer clear of it. I don't know if I'd recommend it for a person with normal or slightly dry skin, either, unless they applied a very thin layer and used powder on top. It is quite heavy and dewy, but if you're like me and appreciate a layer of moisture that sticks around, then you will like the feeling of it on your face. It stays this way all day, although I haven't used it past seven hours of wear so I can't comment on how it performs for a longer period of time. Overall this is a very comfortable product to wear on my face, which is my number one requirement.

There is little scent, so I think it would be good for people who are sensitive to fragrance. I can't comment on the ingredients list with regards to potential irritants.

Coverage-wise, I'd say that it has a medium coverage, although it's on the light side of medium. It applies well with a brush, makeup sponge (which will sheer it out more), and fingers - interestingly, I quite like the effect I get when I apply it with just my fingers.

It comes in a nice squeezy tube, which is on the smaller side.

Overall I really like this foundation, especially on my drier days when my face hurts. I would definitely recommend trying a sample of this before you buy, though, because people with any oil in their skin will probably hate it.