L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 7/6/2017 10:12:00 AM

I love the finish of this foundation, i love it how it is not 100% fully matte and i also love how it its medium to full coverage. My skin looks amazing with this foundation on. Sadly i chose the wrong shade and it turned out to be a little orange on me. But i will definitely repurchase it with my correct shade.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this after all the oil control, mattifying claims but even with milk of magnesia underneath this isn't for me. I got the shade 110 Creme Café which is an excellent shade match for NC45 skin. Applied well and it is buildable although its definitely medium coverage, it is not full coverage. Dried down to a beautiful natural matte finish. My pores disappeared as well so I had high hopes. Held up well for about 4 hours then shine began to come through. What turned me off most was the creasing in my smile lines at about the 5 hour mark even though I'd set my face with powder. To it's credit it is not cakey and didn't bunch up around my nostrils. I'd definitely wear this for a movie night or to run errands, brunch on Sunday...but not any occasion where I need to be flawless for an extended period. Additionally on packaging, i like the squeeze tube but as it is opaque you can't see the actual foundation to gauge your shade in store without opening. Compared to Revlon colorstay foundation, which is a must have for oily/combination skin at the drugstore level, this product leaves quite a bit to be desired.

on 7/3/2017 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Amazing foundation! I've got the oily skin of your nightmares, so finding a foundation that didn't slide off or sit on top of a layer of oil has been a decade long mission. It lasts for quite a while, is reasonably buildable, doesn't turn chalky, stays put, and stays matte! Towards the end of the day it might get a little dewy, but a lovely dewy not the awful oily kind. If you're a fan of Estee Lauder Double Wear, try this foundation!

on 7/3/2017 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This might be my HG drugstore foundation. For some reason when it first came out I was skeptical and avoided it. I think I was wary of the hype as I've tried many products that YTers recommend that weren't all that great.

I finally got it last year and am now getting around to a review. I have combo dry skin that I hydrate before makeup so it's almost dewy. This doesn't sink into my pores and look crusty or anything. It leaves a nice satin matte finish and lasts for a decent workday. The shade match 108 is perfect. I can get a nice medium to full coverage but then again I don't have much to cover. Oddly I find it comparable to UD all nighter but it might not be as long lasting.

I like to apply it with a flat top or buffer brush to get more coverage.

on 6/27/2017 10:09:00 PM

I have been using Liquid Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation #52/#53 for 2 years, and then I tried NARS Sheer Foundation Light 4 with NARS Tinted Moisturizer St. Tropez for about 6 months and then started using Too Faced Born this Way foundation for about 6 months. Now I found a better less expensive foundation for half the price. I have the Matte and Glow version. I use #203 and #202. The foundation goes on well with a flat or round brush dual fiber. I use a good face powder after and it's almost a flawless airbrushed finish, and set it with L'Oreal's setting spray or NYX matte setting spray for a flawless look. I put it on at 7:30 am and it's perfect till 10:00 pm or later. I prefer the Glow version over the matte foundation. I'm happy that I found this product. Thanks for reading!

on 6/27/2017 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

For drugstore this is actually a decent foundation for oily skin. I love the squeeze bottle. My pros for this product:
1. Super matte finish for those who love that
2. Blends fairly well
3. Easy availability, you shouldn't have to search hi and lo to find this foundation
4. Affordable compared to department store/luxury brands

Cons
1. Limited color selection, I have to blend 2 shades to get my match
2. This settles in pores like nobody's business. And upon applying the second layer, it creases around my smile lines. I've never had a foundation do that.
3. It transfers quite a bit, even tho it claims to be 24 hour wear and with a setting spray.
4. Not full coverage, I'd say its medium coverage but buildable.
5. Has a strange, chalky look to it as you apply it, almost reminds me of milk of magnesia type texture.

Its an okay foundation but it just doesn't do it for me. I'll finish what I have but I won't repurchase.

on 6/25/2017 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked the way this made my face look; it was smooth didn't cling to my dry patches. It mattified well and had great coverage, it covered up my pimples and spot, with no need for a concealer. It also lasted quite long. The only bad thing is that it has terrible flashback, it made me look like a ghost, so I wouldn't recommend it for flash or any photography.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently got the Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation and wanted a cheaper alternative to wear on other days. To my surprise this foundation makes me not even care about the higher end one I just bought! At first I never thought to try this because the foundation in store would always separate and an oily, watery residue would come out of the tube instead of the actual pigment. I decided to suck it up, find my shade and hope that by shaking the bottle after each use I wouldn't have this problem anymore. Low and behold I don't have this issue! I got the shade Natrual Buff which matches my in between skin tone perfectly which is so rare at the drugstore. Going on with a dry sponge or brush the application is very smooth. It never dries down too quickly resulting in a cakey appearance. I have pretty smooth skin with mild texture around my cheeks where my pores or normally enormous and this looks flawless on top. My skin is very greasy but with this I can get by with a few hours of matte wear before needing to touch up and even then it's not very shiny at all. Two thumbs up for L'oreal.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think this foundation is probably perfect for oiler skins, but if you have any dryness at all it will stick to those patches and not look nearly as good. I wouldn't say the wear is 24 hours even on combo skin, but if you've tried Revlon Colorstay and found it too heavy, then this is a great alternative in terms of long wear. I find that the coverage is pretty solidly medium, and the shade range is okay. A lot of foundations like this oxidize on my skin, but this one did not. I take off one lippie for the way that it does not sit right on drier patches, but overall this is a decent drug store option for an all-day foundation given that you have the right skin type for it. I will not repurchase since L'Oreal is not cruelty free.

on 6/23/2017 8:47:00 PM

I've been using this for over a year now as part of my everyday makeup routine and I love the pro-matte for summer (when my skin is oily) and the pro-glow in the winter (when my skin is dry). It's lightweight, long-lasting, and provides pretty decent and natural-looking coverage, especially for those of us with yellow undertones.

It does become a shade darker after oxidisation so I recommend going a shade lighter (or making sure that you blend down to the neck). I personally prefer using a beauty blender or sponge with this foundation. Although using brushes seems to provide a bit more coverage, the thicker layer of makeup seems to make the oxidisation more obvious and my skin slightly more orange...