L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Its too matte for my taste, i have to mix it with the pro glow and it wears beautiful with great coverage

on 11/22/2017 2:37:00 PM

Oxidizes like there's no tomorrow. Yes it is matte but so what. I have combo skin and this foundation makes my skin looks dry! I mean really dry. Not for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Overhyped and oxidizes like crazy.

I am around MAC NC30 with moderately oily skin. I bought this in 106. Seemed like the perfect match at first until people started commenting how dark my face is throughout the day. That's when I realized it oxidized on me. So I bought 104 next and it still oxidized on me. I've never had other foundations oxidize on me so this was rather odd.

The formula is quite interesting since it feels like it was powdered once it sets on the skin. However, I found it hard to blend since it dries really quick. It also cakes if you put on too much or when you sweat.

Pigmentation is ok. I still needed to use concealer on my darker spots after.

If you are super oily and prefer really matte looks then you might like this. Just keep in mind that it's not the best foundation ever like youtube gurus promote. I personally prefer the true match foundation shade-wise and formula-wise.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Edit 7/14/18 I have had issues with this caking up, even when used sparingly. I found an easy solution to this though thanks to Wayne Goss, which is to mix 2 drops of facial oil into it before applying to my face. Also works for dry skin, which I sometimes have. This is still one of the best foundations I've ever tried. I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I do, being that my skin is combo leaning dry, however this is the best drugstore foundation that I've used in years! I do like L'Oréal Visible Lift serum fdn, but it tends to slip off my nose throughout the day and transfers, even with setting powder and spray. Worn with well moisturized skin and my NYX Angel Veil primer, this fdn lasts all day long! Doesn't budge, transfer, crease,crack, or breakdown. Idk if it truly wears for 24 hours, but I can confirm that it lasts for 16. I took a 2 hour nap in this stuff and it still looked perfect, and I'm a stomach sleeper! I like that this doesn't knock you out with an alcohol scent like the infallible pro-glow does. The shade Classic Ivory is a good match for my cool skin, not perfect though. It is just the tiniest bit on the yellow side, but I don't knock points off for that because it helps correct the pinkish tones that I have across my nose and cheeks. Will continue to use this, highly recommend.

on 11/7/2017 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I saw so many amazing reviews on this product so I was so hopeful but I sadly did not like this. It clung to dry patches I didn’t even know I had!! My skin looked flakey and powdery and I wasn’t a fan. It looked so fake. It has very yellow undertones that are almost unnatural. I like full coverage foundations that look more like skin and this is not even close.

Brilliant foundation- for full coverage you need to use a brush or sponge to apply it. If you do have dry spots the foundation can cling to it! Really good value for money!

on 10/28/2017 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am not normally into matte foundations but now that the weather is turning chillier I suddenly looked at my dewy reflection in the mirror and felt that it wasn't quite right anymore. I picked this foundation up at Boots simply because I had read enough positive reviews and it wasn't too expensive so it was worth the gamble. It is an interesting foundation, on the light side as for coverage but pretty total matte as for the finish. I have dry skin and this foundation tends to cling to dry patches on my face that I didn't even know I had! Prepping the skin with rich emollients is a must, as doubling the dose around chin and nose. For this reason I don't really like it on its own but when I mix it with dewier foundations I really love the results. I wish the coverage was a touch more consistent but considered the price, the packaging and even the shade (20 sand=NC 25ish) I think that as a mixing medium it is excellent.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this with a damp beauty blender and this is my hg foundation!! I've tried kat von d lock it foundation and uuughh kat von d is sooo cakey, this product tho is just perfect. It's such a smooth finish and just the right amount of coverage. i definitely recommend using a damp beauty blender for best results with it.

Hat off for this foundation, I'm in a journey to search for a foundation stay matte for 5hr at least, some how I bump on this product and I notice I reach for it in my everyday make up more than the high-end bottles I have ( I have about a dozen bottle in my draw), light to medium coverage, blend well with a damp beauty blender, stay matte for 5h w/o touch up with powder, good price tag. I already placed order for a back up tube.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted this to be my go-to foundation due to it being a cult hit, but alas, my wishes did not come true. I bought the shade 103 (I am in 204 in the Pro Glow and 304 in the Total Cover [other to foundations in the Infallible line]) and although I was initially awe-stricken at this foundation’s coverage and finish, it oxidized on me to the point of Oompa Loompa. It started out being a perfect match and then it all went to feces. I’m wondering if the tube I bought has some sort of fault or if only the shade 103 decides to become shade 105. I’ve considered buying shade 102, although oxidization does not seem to be a common problem for this foundation so I may be buying a shade that does not fit me with no hopes of it ever fitting me... At a loss!