L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I tried this Foundation when it first came out. I didn't like the way this foundation made my face look it was too matte and it made my face look chalky. I must say the coverage is good. But I'm just not a fan of matte foundations and also dried my skin out a bit. However it may be a better choice for summer wear for people with combination skin like myself.

I think I might have found my HG drugstore foundation. And let me just say that isn't an easy task, being that j have very yellow undertone Asian skin (NC30-35) and pretty much all drugstore foundations are either too pink or too orange for me. I bought shade 105 Natural Beige.

So glad I tried this - let me list the pros and cons:

Pros:
- Amazing medium to full coverage. It covered my hyper pigmentation with ease but doesn't make my face look cakey. With this foundation I can easily skip concealer.

- Price: reasonable comparing with Sephora brands but it is still up there comparing with other drugstore brands. I would only buy this on sale.

- Shade selection is amazing. For a yellow toned gal I truly appreciate the yellow toned choices I have.

- Packaging is light and I appreciate the squeeze tube for hygiene reasons.

- Texture is light and does not clog my pores

Cons: If you have dry skin you might find it emphasizing your fine lines but not for a combo/oily gal like me!

I will still continue to search for other foundations but I'm happy I found this gem. Definitely will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product seems like it makes my skin more clear! However it wasn't the perfect shade. It was far too pink undertoned for me. I wish they had more color selections. Very pretty on the skin. I love it. Will buy again if I get tan!

This stuff is pretty good. My only complaint is it is on the dry side so if your skin is dry this stuff makes it more obvious. My skin is drier right now so I don't LOVE it but I want to try in the summer when the weather is humid and my skin is much oilier.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I would have never purchased this foundation had it not come to my attention from a beauty youtuber who wore the same color foundation in several different lines as me. She wore shade golden Beige 104 and that's the shade I purchased the next day from target. I applied it with my Kat Von D foundation brush and mixed a little bit of LA Girl Hd coverup in green because it's a smidgen too pinkish for me I finished off blending with my beauty blender in the hairline etc and corner of eyes and nose. After that I set with my RMS Loose powder in Shade 3. I was really surprised I liked this and it photographed very nicely in camera phone day light. I am more concerned about the color match more then anything else. Because I am biracial and I have more then one under tone to my complexion finding a shade that fits nicely that isn't to red, too pink, too olive, too dark, too green etc, too yellow. I have a mixture of a little bit of warmth and a medium deep golden skin tone. I was skeptical to think this would match my skin tone because it appeared light upon initial application with my Kat Von D brush, but after adding a little green to the foundation and after final blending with my beauty blender it appeared very nice. It does oxidize a little bit, the you tube review had mentioned so I anticipated this , hence why I am able to wear shade 104 Golden Beige. Had I not know this I would have probably purchased a shade several shades darker and then left with a disappointing orange tan mess.As for as how long it last, it advertises that it last for 24 hours I have never worn a foundation that long so I cannot speak to that, but in a muggy, humid 80% humiditiy Colorado summer day it held up quite well doing errands and taking my dogs to the dog park, I love these squeeze containers because they are so easy to travel with and if I loose it I will not be upset as it is easy to purchase and find. I think this would be a great foundation to take if I was traveling somewhere a little humid and perhaps someplace as a tourist where theft might happen, take for example backpacking through Thailand, etc or just going to the beach for the weekend it won't leak or crack because of the little plastic squeeze tube and as I said before if I loose it , it retails for about 10.00 US and for the coverage it photographs nicely and I can see using this for a night out foundation as well. I have combo dry skin and I always set with a powder or Mally Face Defender, just of out habit and I don't like a shiny T-zone. I wear the following shades in other brands: Maybelline Fit Me Smooth and Dewy Shade 220 foundation, Nars all day Luminous in Stromboli, Giorgrio Armani Luminous Silk, shade 6.0 mixed with a drop of 5.75, Bobbi Brown Foundation stick in shade 4.0 with 4.75 on my Forehead (my forehead is quite a bit darker then the rest of my face naturally so I do this sometimes to warm up my forehead and prevent it from looking ashy) and Charlotte Tilsbury Magic Foundation in shade 7.0, Mac foundation Nc40-42ish Cover fx drops in G50.

okay, so i tried using this for 3 consecutive days and it gave me acne all over my face. as much as i love its price, coverage, and ability to keep my skin matte, i dont want to risk my skin breakout again. bye bye infallible.

on 6/4/2017 12:38:00 AM

By far the best drug store foundation out there. Great coverage and lasts long. Only downfall is that there are a lot of dark shades. I find it hard to find a colour that matches my skin tone. I like using the infallible glow and infallible matte as a combination for the perfect look

on 6/3/2017 11:49:00 PM

So far so good. I have dry aging skin with lots of dark spots and a few breakouts. This stuff covered everything. And it didn't cling to my dry patches. I think I may be in love. Also the color match is spot on for me so that helps too. I will update my review after more wears. I applied with a brush and got solid medium coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is OKAAAY.

Drugstore brands aren't my favorite for foundations, because the shades never fit a yellow/olive undertone. I used 105 & 107, mixed, and it still didn't match my skin.

I found that I have to apply this to bare skin for it to be 'infallible,' because if I use a primer I don't get the same lasting coverage. You also have to apply it quickly so it doesn't set mid painting session.

I like L'oreal products and if they could get the shades right, I'd give this a 5.

on 6/2/2017 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This foundation is decent for being drug store. As always with cheaper foundations, the colour is too dark for me and oxidized a bit, so for a perfect match, I do need to mix it or colour-correct with powder.

Gives medium coverage in a single layer. I don't find it to be very buildable as on me, it cakes, creases and gets blotchy if I try to layer it up for more coverage. My skin's not terrible, so a single layer is usually fine, but for someone with more problem skin, this could be a potential issue.

It does an alright job of controlling oil. Again, I'm not super oily, but certain products do tend to break down on me and make me look more oily than I normally would and this doesn't do that. What I find weird is I can't get it to play nice with any of my setting sprays. I have a handful that I like that I rotate for different looks (matte, dewy, luminizing, long-lasting), and whenever I use any of them over this, I find it separates way more than it does on its own with just powder.

I'll probably keep this around for when I'm a bit darker in the summer, as with my current ghostly face, it's too much work to get the colour to match. It's quick and easy to blend to get an even layer, which I love, and the packaging is great to cut down on waste and for hygienic reasons. It does preform decently, so it's worth trying out if you can find a colour match. It's not spectacular, but it's not bad either. Wholly average foundation.