Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.6

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Even if you have dry skin like me, you can use this if you moisturize (fyi: I permanently got rid of dry patches by applying cortisone to those spots for a few days).

Overall, this puts high-end foundations to shame when it comes to leaving the skin looking porcelain-smooth and airbrushed. The coverage is great, it's thin enough to be buildable without looking cakey, the finish is natural matte so it's not flat, and it's long-lasting.

I can't ask for more, even from foundations that cost 10x as much. My only regret is that I didn't find it sooner.

on 3/3/2017 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I recently went back to liquid foundation after quite a few years of exclusive use of Physician's Formula Mineral Wear powder as foundation. I have also learned alot more about makeup and it's application over the years through Youtube. That said, I tried this foundation as the recommendation of someone on Youtube and have not been disappointed. My wants and needs include a matte finish that keeps the shine down through the day (T-zone) and doesn't break down, and without needing much powder.. This meets my wants and needs just fine and I will continue to use this. I would prefer the packaging being in a tube as the bottle is heavy to carry around and would be more germ free that way.. I do recommend this foundation for anyone with the same wants and needs as myself.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation, even though I am not a big fan of drugstore ones, I tend to go more on the premium side. I bought this because I heard so many good things about this and I must say I'm really glad I got it. I have oily skin and I need something to keep me matte for a few hours before I need to blot a little. This gives a nice, natural, flawless finish and I am really impressed with the fact that at the end of the day, it still looks pretty good. Not to mention how affordable this is.

on 2/17/2017 7:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

i feel like this foundation is just meh. i actually bought the wrong shade though, i got 112 when i shouldve gotten 120 (im NC 20). I dont feel like this foundation is that blendable on the skin and you need to work quickly or it will dry down fast. it didnt really blur pores either or last super long on the skin. But, it does have decent coverage. I wish i could try 120 to give it another go, but maybelline is not cruelty free im trying to avoid that.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a pretty decent foundation but it's not my favorite. It's pretty matte but doesn't have an insane amount of shine control. However, it looks pretty flattering on slightly drier, flakier areas that those of us with acne can sometimes have. However, unlike the name suggests, it is not going to leave you looking "poreless" and and perfected but it doesn't enhance texture or pool into pores. I think it smooths it a tiny bit, but nothing like a pore blurring primer like even their baby skin or Porefessional. It does however look very natural unless you cake it on. This doesn't go to full coverage but it neutralizes redness from blemishes pretty well but layering on too much will not result in more coverage but just add texture. I have quite a bit of natural texture so I prefer something a bit more flawless. Maybellines other foundations do a better job for me, like the Superstay Better Skin which I mix with the L'Oreal True Match which has a little bit better coverage and has SPF, and my favorite medium coverage foundation has go to be their Dream Smooth with the pump. It has plenty of shades, smooths skin texture, lasts a long time, especially if I prime dry areas(it absorbs oil all on its own), and it looks like skin. Plus the packaging is much better. I'd rather get the Dream Smooth than this one any day.

on 2/13/2017 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I got this foundation, because there was a huge rave about it. Overall I think it gives medium/high coverage. I had to do a second layer to build up the coverage. I reckon they're better coverage foundations out there so keep your options open :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although I have pretty dry skin in winter, this foundation still remains on my top shelf. It's matte but does not cling onto my dry patches. Due to my career, I can't always check my makeup during the day but I know this foundation will look fabulous for at least 14 hours on my skin in room temperature with no touch up.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is definitely a very matte foundation and it's pretty full coverage, and it lasts all day. All that is great, and it's good for if you have blemishes/scarring and really need high coverage, but I will say that I'm fairly combination/acne prone, and this stuff clogs my pores like crazy. I always have pimples/clogged pores after I wash this off, so for me, it's a no. A good alternative to this is Cover girl's 3-in-1 foundation (really awesome), or BB creams (if you have acne issues too).

I will say this though, the color range is good and i like that they have really yellow toned foundations (such as warm beige).

on 12/27/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this foundation recently and my skin tends to get quite oily underneath makeup until I bought this. It doesn't seem to set until I have completely blended it out which is really nice because I can continue to blend without it setting as I am blending. I find that if I am not doing a lot that day I don't need to set my whole face and just set where I could get more oily. I've gone out without it before and I didn't get terribly oily. Setting it is a personal preference.

It blends really well with products on top of it. It has clung to one or two dry spots must mostly doesn't unless one of my blemishes becomes a scab. This product can sink into lines but rarely. I only see a line on my forehead but I personally have deep lines on my forehead. It doesn't sink into my smile lines which is fantastic because I emote frequently. The product says "poreless" but it doesn't completely blur my pores, if you prefer a completely poreless look I would try a pore refining primer underneath.

The foundation feels so lightweight on my skin which I love. I will not wear anything that is heavy because I can't stand it. I have only used a brush to blend it out and it blends out nicely and easily. I don't feel it sliding around and it doesn't slide or move when I apply other products on top.

If anyone was curious I bought this product at my local target and I believe it was around $7. Also, I applied this product after moisturizer and primer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This foundation since I had discovered it, was a huge hit for me. Other foundations just didn't want to work. Truth be told, it's matte, when set with a powder or after it is on the face for a few minutes. It tends to stay on very well. I wish they would put a pump on it, but the product itself for the price is great!