Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.6

Has a good shade range and I found a good shade match for me which is 220. It sure is matte for the first 2 hours since I live in a tropical country. Can't agree that it is poreless because without a primer I can see it ettling in my pores.

on 8/6/2018 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

My face become oily after around 4 hours after application, around the nose and cheeks area, which is very normal. I love how this foundation does not crack around lips area (this happened with all of my foundation, I use beauty sponge for application. However this foundation does oxidize, 1 to 2 shades darker. The only problem with this foundation is the packaging, if only they put pump, I have no problem at all.

on 6/21/2018 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

After years of failed attempts trying to find my shade......... I've finally found it!! Sun Beige 310.

I prefer a natural/satin finish. I don't have any extreme discoloration or acne or bumps or scars. I just have slight uneven skin tone & all I really want my foundation to do is to even it out & airbrush my skin.

I used this for 1-2 days in average, sunny California weather (70-80 F). It endured my average day around the house & around some stores. Love that I couldn't feel it on my skin & didn't have any acne breakouts.

Then, I brought it w/ me to the Philippines & Thailand where the weather is 90+ degrees Fahrenheit AND HUMID to see how it'd really last. I wore it for 5 different days. Surprisingly, it lasted VERY well for those conditions! I was expecting it to melt off or something! But well after 4+ hours in that weather & humidity I look shiny, obviously, but my skin still looked very airbrushed & even & satiny. I didn't notice any smile lines or any breaking up. Not bad, Maybelline!

However, I will say that if someone has pores or texture around or on their nose, or wherever, they should try using a smoothing primer. This foundation slightly accentuates it. I also decided not to separately buy their dewy version and instead add 1 drop of argan oil when it turns winter.

on 5/29/2018 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my perfect everyday foundation. Controls oil and sits well over my sunscreen. Not too full coverage or cakey. I would prefer a pump but I survive without it. I apply with a damp sponge and set with the Fit Me loose powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don’t think I’ve ever been able to wear a drugstore foundation. In all my glorious ghostiness, they’ve all been a bust. But with the enhanced range of the Fit Me M&P line, I found a match in 102. I’m thrilled.
The formula is a bit drying for me, but I’m so happy to have a light foundation to slap on that’s reasonably priced, easy to find, and doesn’t break me out that I’m just doing a happy dance. Whoohoo!
Hooray for Maybelline! I wasn’t a rabid fan in the past, but I am now!

on 5/4/2018 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation is my ID/passport photo foundation, as it is cheap and 228 Soft Tan matches my undertones. It is a bit *light*, but still tolerable with some "warmth" added on top.

This foundation is not too thick, not thin, and imparts a build-able, medium coverage. I find that I don't need to set this foundation, but it doesn't get too powdery on my dehydrated skin.

The best part: this foundation does *not* oxidize on my skin--it stays olive all day. I am a Fenty 290, MAC C40, and finding a foundation that nails my olive skin is a feat.

Stay away from this foundation if you have breakout prone skin. I should have read the ingredients list before purchasing, but I was too excited to see that shade 110 might be a potential “dupe” for Nars SG Siberia (which also breaks me out, sigh).
This foundation indeed creates silky smooth canvas and shade range is impressive (for a drugstore brand), also pretty long wearing on my normal/combo skin.
But it “sits” on my skin in an uncomfortable way- feels almost like I just put on face mask. I prefer something more breathable. It makes a good “special occasion” foundation for events and such but I wouldn’t wear it every day. The finish is similar to Catrice’s HD foundation (which breaks me out like nothing else). Very flawless but heavy, even though I applied it with sponge. Coverage: medium to full.

Just as I mentioned, after few uses, it caused a major breakout (painful “cystic” pimples and closed comedones all over my face). So I’ve read the ingredients list and instantly knew why: it contains denaturated alcohol, very high on the list. My skin hates it- I know that now.

on 4/1/2018 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

7/10.

About:
I'm 24, with normal to dry skin that is not acne prone but I do have large pores. I wear this in the shade 112 Natural Ivory and my MAC shade is NW13. I use a beauty blender knockoff to apply foundation.

This foundation has a runny texture that blends seamlessly into the skin. It does not dry quickly. The finish is a soft matte. I don't find that it does anything good or bad for my pores, I don't think a foundation can really do much for pores. You need a good primer and skincare routine, and a bit of luck.

The shade match is perfect for me, which is my favourite thing about this product. It does have quite high coverage, but doesn't look cakey due to the 'wet' consistency. Maybelline is super easy to find in stores and inexpensive.

There are a couple of things I dislike about this foundation - I really don't like the packaging. A glass bottle with no pump makes no sense. Just add a pump please. This foundation is too runny and messy to be tipping out of the bottle. Another thing I don't love is that this foundation doesn't last all day. I powder my whole face but it still wears off in patches through the day, which is annoying.

I would repurchase this foundation, but I think it works best if you use less product and sacrifice some coverage. I've heard people suggest mixing this with the Dewy and Smooth, but I don't have a shade match in that range.

on 2/4/2018 5:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Skin type is NC combination.

I keep coming back to this, even when I try other products. For combination skin, it stays for a full day on oily parts of the face and mattifies where I would usually be a greasy mess by the end of the day. It’s buildable too, which means I can use less on my cheeks where I have normal skin, and more in my t-zone.

Of course the huge range of shades is also helpful, and I tend to buy a couple and mix to get my exact neutral shade.

Still my go to foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Before I starts wear this foundation, I was so infatuated with korean bb cream. One day, I needed higher coverage and I heard many positive things about this product.

Medium to high coverage, also very long lasting. But the downside are it oxidized really fast and makes me break out. I also have slight itchiness if I wear this foundation for a long time. Don't forget to mention the packaging really sucks. No pump and I need to pour it to my backhand. I often accidentally poured too much product.

I will repurchase this if only Maybelline make this with pump and maybe reformulate?