CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

3.9

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

i was a little skeptical about this product because it has a bit of salycilic acid in it..which my face never did well with...surprisingly its great!!! it tightens pores, helps with oil control (im ridiculously oily) and best of all get rid of the flakies!! even though my oil is out of control..since i use acne medication my skin gets flaky..this gets rid of that...
fair warning: the first couple of times i used this my face felt on fire...however after like 3-4 times ur face tolerates it..go figure...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and needed something to actually get in there and cleanse. I use this after using the cleansing gel and it has been a long time since my face felt so clean. If you have very oily skin this is the product for you. I will be repurchasing.

on 6/23/2007 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all I would kie to start off by saying THIS #4 TONER IS FOR THOSE WITH OILY SKIN if you dont have really oily skin try a diffeent #. Half the problem with people who are getting negative results is they arent using the correct one. I have very oily skin and this is a life saver. The smell is toner smelling yes people alcohol does smell get over it. But for those who are dry and irrated after maybe thats a good indication your using the wrong #. Anyway if your oily, breakout and have large pores this is what you need to use .....BOTTOM LINE it works, just use your commmon sense when picking one for you theres a reason they make four formulas.

on 4/11/2007 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very nice toner! I use this along with the DDM Gel....very effective for my acne prone skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Came to the Clinique counter telling the SA I have super-oily skin. And she is trying to sell me the No 3 kit, to 'see how my skin will react'. Whatever. I am only using the toner and not the whole 3 step system, which is working fine for me now. It really helps with the oiliness and pore size. I store it in the fridge and apply it right before my moisturizer and makeup, and it has been working quite well.

I love this stuff. I have very weird skin - it's never been exceptionally oily, but once I hit my 20s I started experiencing chronic breakout clusters on my chin and around my mouth. After about 6 months of skincare trial and error I decided to step up to this, and I have never seen anything like it. I use it with the Acne Solutions antibacterial soap and I can honestly say that I can't recall having a pimple in the 11 months that I've used it. Thing is, you have to be careful with the whole 3-Step system - using even one of the wrong products can seriously mess up your skin. I started out with the Mild soap and the Clarifying Lotion 2, which didn't help matters at all. Then I switched to the Oily Skin soap and the 3 toner, which, for some reason, made my skin worse. Unfortunately, the SAs are not always very helpful...I worked at a Clinique counter for a year, and some of my colleagues would just recommend Skin Type 2 across the board, and wouldn't really listen to the customer's concerns. Bottom line - if you have the right combination of products, your life will be changed. But hold on to your receipts, because you might have to exchange a few things to get there.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this !!!! It really clears up your skin with time tho. I was using #3, and come to find out it was the wrong type for my skin!!!! The clinique rep sore that I had combination skin and I kept telling her no I had oily skin. I then moved on to another clinique rep. We had the same skin type and recommened that I use #4. WOW!! It dried up (not patchy) my T zone and When I use my MAC studio fix, there are no more oily spots. I learned not to use to much because it can cause dry patched. I just put a lil on a cotton ball and just go in a downard motion( circular moves around bacteria) I dont think I could live without this product and I am really glad that I discovered it. In time, it cleared up my blemishes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin not just in the t-zone, but also in my cheeks. My skin breaks out really bad and feels dirty even after I cleanse if I don't follow up with my clarifying lotion within an hour or so. This product is an exfoliator and .5% higher in salacylic acid than the #3 version. (2% total)

It takes a while to get used to, but if you have oily skin, this is one of the few things that I have found that actually clears out the oil. I am lazy and use it about once a day and I don't use any of the other 3 step products....however, this is my HG and I'm sure that it will always be....Exfoliators (which is what this is) also help skin reproduce faster (or stay at the faster pace of younger skin) and keep skin from aging so fast...I also have scarring from past acne and this stuff keeps the skin renewing to get rid of that crap....Very good product!

Great for really oily skin, don't use if you have sensitive or just a little bit oily skin.

on 2/8/2006 6:21:00 AM

I got this as a gift and it was the worst toner I've ever used - extremely drying. It nearly stripped my skin, I could only use it for a few times.