CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

Filtered by age: 19-24
CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

3.9

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

on 1/10/2009 8:06:00 AM

I have used it before I looked at ingredients list when shopping so I really haven't been aware that it doesn't use ANYTHING useful for skin health. It's only alcohol, some moisturizing ingredients and colorants.
This product is soooo agressive, I couldn't use it even few times in a row.
Sorry, Clinique, but with so many researches you still wanna harm people's skin?!?!??!

on 12/30/2008 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! It's VERY strong, and only for those of you with super oily skin. I've been using it twice a day for about six weeks with the 3-step system. It exfoliated and brightened my face over time, fading scars, and killing my acne. It's only getting better and I hope my skin doesn't get used to it.

on 6/29/2008 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This worked ok for my skin on helping it become smoother and clearing up dead skin cells, but the alcohol was so strong that it made my fingers dry up pretty bad. I would always wash my hands after applying this but that didn't help. Neither did leaving the DDMG on my hands after applying it on my face. So i had to stop using it mainly because it was so harsh on my fingers. I figured if it's so harsh on my fingers it was probably stripping most of my essential moisture from my face. After i'm done with my loads of cleansers and toners, I think i'll try the mild formula.

on 4/9/2008 1:51:00 AM

For winter its a bit too drying, but in the summer it is an absolute must. This really controls oil. Also good for drying up zits. But definatley NOT for dry skin.

on 11/26/2007 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this about a month ago, with the 3-step skincare set. I have this #4 Lotion and the #4 Facial Soap, and the moisturizing gel. I am completely up in the air about this. While this does an AMAZING job controlling my oily skin, it also seems to give me a big zit here and there. I normally do not get those as regularly as I have since I started using this toner. Maybe it's the witch hazel I'm not responding well to. It is also pretty drying, so make sure you moisturize. I am going to go back to the counter and see if they recommend another number than this toner.

My stepsister has similar skin to me but much more acne prone and she used a Neutrogena cleanser and then the #2 Lotion and her skin looks so clear and bright now. I might try that!!

Okay: Edit....If you have found that you have problems with your skin after using Witch Hazel, BEWARE. Do not use this thing because that is pretty much the main ingredient. I have never reacted well to Witch Hazel but didn't really think about that too much going into this product. While I don't look like a pizza, this gave me huge, angry zits randomly, like 3 or 4 at a time. I am returning the whole 3 step in fact!

I love this stuff. I have very weird skin - it's never been exceptionally oily, but once I hit my 20s I started experiencing chronic breakout clusters on my chin and around my mouth. After about 6 months of skincare trial and error I decided to step up to this, and I have never seen anything like it. I use it with the Acne Solutions antibacterial soap and I can honestly say that I can't recall having a pimple in the 11 months that I've used it. Thing is, you have to be careful with the whole 3-Step system - using even one of the wrong products can seriously mess up your skin. I started out with the Mild soap and the Clarifying Lotion 2, which didn't help matters at all. Then I switched to the Oily Skin soap and the 3 toner, which, for some reason, made my skin worse. Unfortunately, the SAs are not always very helpful...I worked at a Clinique counter for a year, and some of my colleagues would just recommend Skin Type 2 across the board, and wouldn't really listen to the customer's concerns. Bottom line - if you have the right combination of products, your life will be changed. But hold on to your receipts, because you might have to exchange a few things to get there.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this !!!! It really clears up your skin with time tho. I was using #3, and come to find out it was the wrong type for my skin!!!! The clinique rep sore that I had combination skin and I kept telling her no I had oily skin. I then moved on to another clinique rep. We had the same skin type and recommened that I use #4. WOW!! It dried up (not patchy) my T zone and When I use my MAC studio fix, there are no more oily spots. I learned not to use to much because it can cause dry patched. I just put a lil on a cotton ball and just go in a downard motion( circular moves around bacteria) I dont think I could live without this product and I am really glad that I discovered it. In time, it cleared up my blemishes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is terrible to be applying to skin; it has a very strong concentration of alcohol in it that just isn't good for facial skin. It really dried me out and made my face feel tight. This is not a good way to treat oily skin at all.

on 2/16/2005 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and LOVE this product! Along w/ the 3 step program, it is the best thing I have ever done for my skin!!!!!