Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

3.8

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON

on 10/16/2016 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have a very difficult time getting powders that don't sit on the lines under my eyes or look cakey. This is amazing - it's very fine and smooth - goes on beautifully and I can barely see it on my skin. I prefer it to my laura mercier powder. Charlotte T products are a mixed bag for me but this is the best

on 8/6/2016 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far so good. I have had no allergic reaction to this powder, which is something I always have to watch for with new products. I have not had good luck with the Magic Foundation but the powder is lovely. I have 60-year-old skin which is pretty good but I have lots of hot flushes (when will it end!) and need powder to keep the shine at bay. This powder goes on nicely and does not look powdery at all and is truly finely milled. I always spritz with Mac Fix+ after to meld everything together. I have not experienced oxidation but my skin is on the peach side to begin with. Bought the shade medium. I am a NW25 in MAC Studio Sculpt and Pale Almond in Estee Lauder Futurist for reference. I would recommend this power for us older gals who feel the need. I also use NARS Light Reflecting Pressed and Guerlain Metorites but the Tilbury gives a more matte appearance. Depends what look you are going for.

on 6/24/2016 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I agree with the reviewer below who said that this is a good powder for dry skin or those who aren't fans of powders, which describes me well. My HG is Nars Light Reflecting Loose Powder, one of the only powders I've found that doesn't feel heavy or look cakey on my very sensitive, normal to slightly dry skin. But this has also been a lovely option for setting liquid TM's and foundations, though I think it does add a bit of color to my N10 skin (I have 1 Fair).

The texture is really soft and fine, with that silky texture that picks up on a brush easily. It doesn't kick up a bunch of powder when I I swirl my brush into it, or look dusty on top of my skin. That my biggest concern with wearing powder, and that awful build up that can cling to dry patches or make my foundation look patchy. This buffs into my skin imperceptibly and feels really comfortable. I don't have that tight sensation after using it like all of my skin's natural moisture has just been powdered away.

Describing powder finishes always seems hard to do, but this doesn't appear matte or flat in any way. It's like a natural, velvety satin that isn't light reflective or "coated." Depending on how much I apply, I think it seems to be pretty adaptive to whatever foundation type I'm wearing underneath.

I like the vintage look of the packaging, and it's sturdy so I'm not worried about carrying it with me in my purse. I still prefer the Nars powder, but I'm really happy with this and I love how well it works on my reactive skin.

on 6/23/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this powder. This is an amazing powder for non powder lovers, or dry skin. I can't speak for oily skin, as I am normal to dry. But I have the look of powdery skin, and this does not have that effect (at least on my skin.) It adds a very light dusting of powder, and is not cakey at all. The name of the product is a perfect description of the product, my skin looks airbrush flawless, in a natural way. I recently purchase the fair shade so after I use a light dusting medium all over to set all liquids and creams, I will use fair to brighten up certain areas of my skin with a smaller more detailed brush, also areas I feel need more powder so my makeup stays put all day! The only downside is the price, just so expensive. But you get what you pay for I guess!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging on this, as is the norm for CT, is lovely.

I have the powder in fair. I don't find that it oxidizes on me and it goes well on my nw/nc 15 neutral skin. This particular shade would probably be ok for up to an nc/nw 20.

The powder itself is very finely milled and has ingredients to make it particularly suited to drier skin types. It works wonderfully for me to set my undereyes and t-zone, where I apply it sparingly with a small brush. I find it works really well to give that "airbrushed effect". It minimizes my pores beautifully, doesn't emphasize fine lines, isn't cakey at all, isn't flat or powdery and lasts throughout the day with minimal touch ups. Bear in mind, my skin is not oily- I don't think it would be at all suited to combat oil.

I am taking off one lipppie, because this product does not come with a puff or sponge. While I generally applaud CT's choice to not waste space with applicators for her eyeshadows, blushes etc, I find it pointless to have this beautiful compact, that would be a pleasure to bring along for midday touch ups or travel, without its own puff. I'm not going to cart along a powder brush, and having to carry along a seperate puff kind of defeats the whole slim, elegant, convenient little compact thing. So this isn't my go-to to slip in my bag, when otherwise it would be.

So yeah, lovely powder for normal to dry skin. Is it worth the cost? I certainly enjoy using it, but am not completely certain of a repurchase. I guess we will see how posh I am feeling on the day I hit pan. ;)

on 5/5/2016 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Right out of the gate, I returned this. I loved the packaging but didn't love the product so back it went. It was just a normal, sort of chalky, basic powder that didn't do anything magical or even that remotely effective. For the price I expect something unique or at least workable. This powder was neither.

on 4/1/2016 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't really know what to think of this powder. The packaging is beautiful. Like all charlotte tilbury products the packaging is so sophisticated and glamorous. The powder feels beautiful. It feels so finely milled and silky. However I think my skin is just too oily. Maybe for someone with dry skin it would be more suitable. For €40 I think I would rather stick with my mac powder which is a bit cheaper. I'm going to finish up this product but I really wanted to love it.

on 3/26/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

UPDATED REVIEW:

I bought my first compact in March 2016 and used it every morning to set my foundation. In October 2017, I still have a thin ring of powder around the pan. Each compact gives you eight grams of product. I just repurchased a new compact.

I'm fond of the Golden Age of Hollywood, so I enjoy Charlotte Tilbury's Art Deco packaging. Even though it's plastic, the compact has a convincing rose gold metal look. The mirrored finish makes it a bit of a fingerprint magnet, but otherwise it's glam compared to my boring MAC Blot Powder case.

The powder comes in three shades: Fair, Medium, and Dark. I buy MAC Blot Powder in Medium, but bought the lightest shade available in this one, Fair, because other reviewers complained of it oxidizing. I have not noticed it turning darker on my skin but "Fair" does have a yellow undertone which may or may not be to your liking. There is some color in the powder. Technically it’s translucent and not as pigmented as a powder foundation, so it won’t give you that kind of coverage, but it’s not as invisible as colorless powders. Therefore if you purchase a shade that is too deep for your skin tone, it might darken your face too much.

I have combination skin that can get dry in desert climates or cold weather. This contains sweet almond oil and rose wax. Therefore, it's ideal for drier skins. I wouldn’t recommend this for acne-prone oily skin wanting to cut down on shine.

When I first dust this on, it doesn’t look remarkably different from any other setting powder, but half an hour later, the finish is soft and radiant instead of dry.

PROS:

1. This setting powder is great for normal skin, dry skin, or combination skin that's leaning dry. My skin is combination. On me it eventually settles into a dewy finish rather than a matte finish, as if I'm not wearing powder at all.

2. Feels weightless on my face, even after many hours. It's a finely milled powder, crafted in Italy.

3. I think if you have mature skin, you will appreciate the sweet almond oil and rose wax in this; it makes skin look younger than matte finishing powders do. If you have fine lines, you’ll love Airbrush Flawless Finish because it doesn't emphasize lines. I use this powder to set concealer under the eyes and it doesn’t make that area look dry or cracked.

4. It’s fragrance free.

5. Doesn’t look chalky.

6. There is no "flashback," as they say. The powder does not make your face look whiter.

7. The company doesn't do animal testing.

CON FOR THE OILY AND ACNE-PRONE:

This is not a blotting powder for oily skin. Although it contains some oil-absorbing ingredients such as talc, silica, and corn starch, this also contains oils and rose wax. If you have oily skin, this powder can make your skin shiny. Applying more and more to reduce shine will cause the powder to eventually cake up on oily skin. If you have large pores and want to control oil, use MAC Blot Powder or a different finishing powder, preferably one that's matte.

FINANCIAL CON:

This costs $45 per compact, which is a lot for powder. I like this a lot better than other powders designed for dry skin, which tend to feel heavy on my face after a few hours. However, if you’re just looking for a regular setting powder to have on your vanity, Flower Beauty makes one called Miracle Matte that costs less than ten dollars and will work for most skin types.

OTHER NOTES:

If you want the coverage of a powder foundation, this isn’t it. It’s a setting powder. A good one, if your skin is normal or dry.

This does not come with an application tool such as a puff or a brush.

There are only three colors and this does have some pigment in it. If you are between Fair and Medium, you may have to try this in person before you know whether the shade will work with your foundation.

In closing, I don’t recommend re-applying lots of layers of any powder multiple times during the day. Eventually it can become noticeable and unnatural-looking. Powders look best lightly dusted, or pressed gently against the skin.

INGREDIENTS:

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have this feather light powder in Fair 1, it disappears on my nc18 skin and it doesn't oxidise on me. The effect is matte but not too matte and doesn't stick to my dry spots. I love this on summer days/busy days and for touch ups during the day. Best non shiny powder I've used ever!

The packaging is a bit flimsy, I could be a bit more heavy and nicer material.

on 2/25/2016 2:36:00 PM

I was concerned by reports of oxydisation, but mine never did that. I got the lightest shade 1 and it matches my pale face well. It is superfinely milled, invisible on the face and doesn't clog pores. I had to retouch after about 5 hours due to my oily T-zone, but I am yet to see a powder that doesn't need retouching after half a day. I have La Mer and Chanel loose powders, love them both, but this one is a great compact version. I am down to last bits in my compact and I think I will repurchase since it is also very handy for travel to use with a brush instead of loose powder. It is also pretty to look at and looks glam if you need to retouch your lipstick in public :)