Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

3.8

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON

on 12/16/2018 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This powder is everything that I had wanted the Mac waterweight compact powder to be – I can’t believe it took me so long to try this! This lives up to the hype IMO.

This is a beautiful lightweight and undetectable setting powder which is perfect for dry and/or aging skin. While it is fairly colorless (despite the shade one picks), its brightening yet undetectable, and leaves the skin luminous and healthy looking. I only use this in the morning to set my foundation, and I do not carry it with me (I rarely re-powder during the day), so I cannot comment on buildability, etc. What I can say is that it doesn’t fade out on me and surprisingly does keep my makeup set nicely throughout the day – hence no need for touchups.

The packaging of this is elegant and beautiful. However, there’s not much product. 0.28 oz at $45.00 can be rough on the wallet. Even so, I find its well worth it!

I really wanted to like this product after all the positive reviews, however, I really have not liked it. It's really matte, but most of all, I don't find that it airbrushes my skin - it oxidizes and turns orange (I have color 2), and weirdest of all, it has a "olive green" tint to it when you first put it on.

Definitely not worth the money. I've been so disappointed by CT face products.

on 2/11/2019 6:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

HG powder. It's the one that my friends always ask if I have on me followed by, "Ohhhh, this is SO nice". It's light and looks invisible on the skin. Love the sleek compact.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Everyone says its great for dry skin and won’t settle into fine lines under the eyes.. I found the opposite to be true. My skin felt so dehydrated after setting my makeup with it. Very uncomfortable feeling under my eyes and around my cheeks. It also oxidized quickly. I had such high hopes for this product.

on 4/13/2019 11:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I thought loooong and hard before buying this powder! It was between this one and the Laura Mercier translucent powder, however the hype for the Charlotte Tilbury one won me over, plus the fact that her products are cruelty free whereas LM's aren't.

My main reason to use powder is to set my under eye concealer, as I was desperate to find something (anything!!) that would stop the creasing of my concealer. I have very dark under eye circles so wear a fairly heavy amount of concealer, I can't really get away without it. The creasing is a huge bugbear of mine, as I don't actually have any wrinkles under or around my eyes, so when I get this cracking I feel it ages me a lot.

So I took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and bought the CT compact in the lightest colour 'Fair'. Here are my thoughts...

Pros:
- this powder is very finely milled, soft and smooth and does have the blurring effect that I read about from other reviews, which is quite flattering.
- you only need a tiny amount on your brush to give a decent amount of coverage.
- I've found that once I apply this in the morning first thing before heading off to work, it literally stays in place all day under eyes. I use a small amount to get rid of shine around forehead and nose - these areas sometimes need topping up towards the end of the day.
- good for on-the-go application or packing into your makeup bag to travel with as the compact is really quite small and thin so doesn't take up much room.
- cruelty free is also a huge pro.

Cons:
- Whilst I wouldn't say I've experienced this powder oxidising (as others have said in reviews), it isn't as colourless as I had imagined or hoped it would be. The sales assistant in the shop suggested I go for fair over the medium colour, as this would have a more brightening effect, and I'm glad I did. On me it has a yellow-ish colour to it, which isn't really what I wanted, however this might be the tones in my concealer or foundation showing through!
- it is very mattifying on the skin, I wouldn't say it gives a dry appearance but I really wanted this to be brightening under the eye and more light reflective, whereas the overall appearance is quite dull (however the payoff is that it doesn't budge, as mentioned above!).
- no surprises on this one as I read so many times, you really don't get much for your money. The compact is very light and the packaging is pretty, but it would be nice to have a bit more weight to it for the amount it costs.

So overall, it is a good powder, but not the dream one that I had hoped it might be! I'm not convinced I would buy it again, so my quest might continue on finding the best one out there for me. I am on the search for a new concealer so maybe I'll find one that works in better harmony.

on 4/19/2019 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love as a matte setting powder for over 40 skin that needs matte-ening (sorry). For pores nice too — but I usually use mac powder+ OR It pores primer - makeup (whichever that day) - It pores powder on nose on a bad pore day. Under eye; forehead wonderful. I have shade 2 I’m nw20-30. But loose I have shade 1 which I kinda prefer under eye dusting. Btw. Use caution. This was my gateway drug into the MAGICAL (ha) world of Charlotte Tilbury DAHlings.