Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

3.8

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON

on 5/5/2016 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Right out of the gate, I returned this. I loved the packaging but didn't love the product so back it went. It was just a normal, sort of chalky, basic powder that didn't do anything magical or even that remotely effective. For the price I expect something unique or at least workable. This powder was neither.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging on this, as is the norm for CT, is lovely.

I have the powder in fair. I don't find that it oxidizes on me and it goes well on my nw/nc 15 neutral skin. This particular shade would probably be ok for up to an nc/nw 20.

The powder itself is very finely milled and has ingredients to make it particularly suited to drier skin types. It works wonderfully for me to set my undereyes and t-zone, where I apply it sparingly with a small brush. I find it works really well to give that "airbrushed effect". It minimizes my pores beautifully, doesn't emphasize fine lines, isn't cakey at all, isn't flat or powdery and lasts throughout the day with minimal touch ups. Bear in mind, my skin is not oily- I don't think it would be at all suited to combat oil.

I am taking off one lipppie, because this product does not come with a puff or sponge. While I generally applaud CT's choice to not waste space with applicators for her eyeshadows, blushes etc, I find it pointless to have this beautiful compact, that would be a pleasure to bring along for midday touch ups or travel, without its own puff. I'm not going to cart along a powder brush, and having to carry along a seperate puff kind of defeats the whole slim, elegant, convenient little compact thing. So this isn't my go-to to slip in my bag, when otherwise it would be.

So yeah, lovely powder for normal to dry skin. Is it worth the cost? I certainly enjoy using it, but am not completely certain of a repurchase. I guess we will see how posh I am feeling on the day I hit pan. ;)

on 6/23/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this powder. This is an amazing powder for non powder lovers, or dry skin. I can't speak for oily skin, as I am normal to dry. But I have the look of powdery skin, and this does not have that effect (at least on my skin.) It adds a very light dusting of powder, and is not cakey at all. The name of the product is a perfect description of the product, my skin looks airbrush flawless, in a natural way. I recently purchase the fair shade so after I use a light dusting medium all over to set all liquids and creams, I will use fair to brighten up certain areas of my skin with a smaller more detailed brush, also areas I feel need more powder so my makeup stays put all day! The only downside is the price, just so expensive. But you get what you pay for I guess!

on 6/24/2016 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I agree with the reviewer below who said that this is a good powder for dry skin or those who aren't fans of powders, which describes me well. My HG is Nars Light Reflecting Loose Powder, one of the only powders I've found that doesn't feel heavy or look cakey on my very sensitive, normal to slightly dry skin. But this has also been a lovely option for setting liquid TM's and foundations, though I think it does add a bit of color to my N10 skin (I have 1 Fair).

The texture is really soft and fine, with that silky texture that picks up on a brush easily. It doesn't kick up a bunch of powder when I I swirl my brush into it, or look dusty on top of my skin. That my biggest concern with wearing powder, and that awful build up that can cling to dry patches or make my foundation look patchy. This buffs into my skin imperceptibly and feels really comfortable. I don't have that tight sensation after using it like all of my skin's natural moisture has just been powdered away.

Describing powder finishes always seems hard to do, but this doesn't appear matte or flat in any way. It's like a natural, velvety satin that isn't light reflective or "coated." Depending on how much I apply, I think it seems to be pretty adaptive to whatever foundation type I'm wearing underneath.

I like the vintage look of the packaging, and it's sturdy so I'm not worried about carrying it with me in my purse. I still prefer the Nars powder, but I'm really happy with this and I love how well it works on my reactive skin.

on 8/6/2016 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far so good. I have had no allergic reaction to this powder, which is something I always have to watch for with new products. I have not had good luck with the Magic Foundation but the powder is lovely. I have 60-year-old skin which is pretty good but I have lots of hot flushes (when will it end!) and need powder to keep the shine at bay. This powder goes on nicely and does not look powdery at all and is truly finely milled. I always spritz with Mac Fix+ after to meld everything together. I have not experienced oxidation but my skin is on the peach side to begin with. Bought the shade medium. I am a NW25 in MAC Studio Sculpt and Pale Almond in Estee Lauder Futurist for reference. I would recommend this power for us older gals who feel the need. I also use NARS Light Reflecting Pressed and Guerlain Metorites but the Tilbury gives a more matte appearance. Depends what look you are going for.

on 10/16/2016 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have a very difficult time getting powders that don't sit on the lines under my eyes or look cakey. This is amazing - it's very fine and smooth - goes on beautifully and I can barely see it on my skin. I prefer it to my laura mercier powder. Charlotte T products are a mixed bag for me but this is the best

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Love this time and time again

on 10/26/2016 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Although I don't know many other powders to compare this to, I find this product amazing. I regularly use several of the Hourglass Ambient powders but recently I was also looking for something matte and I was encouraged by the many positive reviews on the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder. I am quite fair (about NW15 for reference) and I use Shade 1 Fair in this powder which is a soft cream white, without leaning too yellow. The color match is perfect and the quality of the powder is nothing short of outstanding because it is extremely creamy and finely milled. My skin seems to somehow absorb it instead of it sitting on top of my face, so it doesn't look chalky or ashy like some other powders can. It also isn't drying or overly matte, it has more of a velvety finish. The powder looks completely natural, blurring imperfections and evening out redness. Last but not least, it hasn't irritated my skin. Packaging is pretty, a rose gold colored mirrored oval compact which looks glam and it's sturdy and pleasant to use, but not too bulky for travel or touch ups on the go. At $45 for 0.28oz/8g I feel it's a worthy splurge and I will certainly repurchase when I run out.

on 11/1/2016 7:36:00 AM

Very good and very expensive powder.
Ideally ground giving a perfect, invisible effect .
A great product for people who appreciate natural effect and have money!
If you dream about it and you need to save your money for long time-forget it!
Mat for a long time without a mask effect, also for my mixed skin
No crumble in the pack-always looks good inside and on the face
Ideal under eye area
Totally inefficient !! in the middle of the month we have a bottom by application 1 a day.
Very good but too expensive.
If the price would be even 25 euro would be acceptable but 45 euro for product for 1 month-this is insane.
If you have money -buy it because is great, for the rest of the people -forget it.

on 11/7/2016 5:33:00 AM

I have always hated powder until I found this. Definitely HOLY GRAIL status. I've tried all the oh so famous powders in the market and nothing beat this. It's so finely milled and smooth and undetectable on the skin. My skin is combo, so a tiny bit oily in the T-zone but dry everywhere else and this powder does wonder for my skin. Having said that, I don't have the oiliest of skin so I don't need as much oil control.
Pros
Great texture, fine and smooth.
Undetectable on the skin, very very natural, non-cakey.
Blurs out pores and set my under-eye concealer well.
Cons:
Expensive.
Oil control might not be substantial enough on oily skin
Limited shade range.