innisfree Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam

innisfree Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam

3.4

on 12/19/2014 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I love this cleanser! It doesn't leave my face too dry after using this but the exfoliating beads are enough to give me a good clean feeling. It's not expensive compared to other really good cleansers and has not broken me out. There's no smell which is a plus for me as I prefer cleansers without fragrances.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

For the 150ml cleanser, I paid USD$10 (AUD$11.75/SGD$13) from a Korean eBay seller. For the 300ml cleanser, I paid USD$16 (AUD$18.05/SGD$20) from the Innisfree Singapore store.

PROS:

- One of the most effective cleanser in makeup removal that I have ever used. It removes long-lasting foundation and waterproof sunscreen very well.
- It can gently unclog non-stubborn whiteheads/blackheads. See my before and after photos below, where I cleansed my entire face with the pore brush and results were immediate in 20 secs or so.
- Great value as 150ml can last you 4 to 8 months depending on frequency and amount of usage.
- It foams up very well, works great with a pore brush and feels very smooth on skin.
- It doesn't break out my sensitive skin.
- Made of natural ingredients and one of the gentlest makeup removal products

Check out the blog post for gross/dramatic before/after pictures of blackheads on the nose and a more detailed review

on 9/30/2014 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's promise:

A pore cleansing foam with Jeju volcanic clusters to attach to sebum and purify pores.

Directions:

Apply an appropriate amount onto wet hands and work into rich lather. After massaging, rinse off with lukewarm water.

The product itself:
- Tube packaging ( which I love )

- Has a subtle scent, which is both fresh and pleasant, without being overpowering

- Consistency of the cleanser is thick
( Similiar to that of the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Face Wash)

- has 'scoria beads' aka. volcanic ash for light exfoliation

- Lathers up to a nice thick foam

What I like about it :

Deep and thorough cleanse:

This cleanser is really nice because it is thick and lathers really well for a thorough clean of the skin. I especially like it for days where my skin was being overly oily or if I've had a 'heavier-than-usual' make-up day. I also liked that I could easily control the consistency of this cleanser where I could have a 'light' cleanse by adjusting the amount of water I mix it with. This makes it totally skin friendly for day-to-day use.

My favourite way to use this product is to actually spend 7 good minutes massaging this product into the skin, and at the same time giving my face a pamper session. I would then leave it on my face and proceed to shower; rinsing off the cleanser only at the end. What I would find is that my skin felt so much smoother and pores even slightly reduced.

Ingredients :

It has been a habit of mine to check the ingredients list of the products before I use them. To my surprise, the ingredients of this cleanser fares well. Not only does this have fruit and plant extracts, it has little or no alcohol content as well.

They don't publicise this, but the fruit and plant extracts includes: Green tea ( camillia sinesis ) , Satsuma orange (citrus unshiu), Japanese camellia ( camellia japonica), Prickly pears ( opuntia coccinellifera) and Orchid. I can't say the same for the fragrance in the cleanser though. Considering the price of this product at SGD $13 for 100ml, this is a good and afforadable cleanser.

The Bad:

Exfoliation:

I found that the 'scoria beads' disintegrated before it had time to exfoliate much of my skin. So I wouldn't recommend this product if your sole intention for getting it is for the physical exfoliation.

Oil control :

With the volcanic ash beads disintegrated into the foam during cleansing, I expected some form of oil control with this product. Innisfree have heavily marketed it's volcanic ash line as one which is effective in that area.

Who will like it :

- generally, I would have to say that those with combination to oily skin would really enjoy this product. As deep of a cleanse this provides, it could possibly have that 'tight and dry' effect that I know those with normal to dry skin hate.

read more about it :