Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

4.5

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

on 8/29/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

*Angels singing*
This is one of my most favorite beauty purchases EVER it is such a beautiful color I am a nw15/20 and this color is perfect on me This is not chunky sparkly or glittery its just glows it is finely milled and you only need a small amount. So far I have only used this with my e.l.f small stippling brush (which by the way for $3 is the best stippling brush ever I actually prefer over my RT one) and I got a beautiful glow im on the hunt for a good really full fluffy fan brush not one of the flimsy ones im curious to see how it would turn out with a brush like that. I highly recommend this product I was looking at albatross by NARs but it was a few dollars more and ONLY 4g of product and the Becca shimmering kin perfector is 8g cheaper and in my mind prettier albatross is pretty yellow. Yes its $38 but it will last a long time I guarantee it

on 7/29/2014 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have both this shade and Opal and I really love these. With this shade, I was a bit concerned because golden toned highlights can tend to look a bit fake and obvious on me, but not this. And it highlights in such a natural way. It IS shimmering but not glittery, very richly pigmented and buttery in texture. At first glance it reminded me of theBalm's Mary Loumanizer, but this is less glittery, but the tone is similar. Would repurchase.

The Becca Pressed Highlighter in Moonstone is a great highlighter if you're looking for something subtle rather than a dramatic strobing effect, or if you're new to highlighter and looking to ease into it.

This product was a slow burn for me. My initial impression was that it wasn't doing anything. It is very, very subtle. I was confused about the rave reviews, especially considering the hefty price tag. But after trying it a few times, it became my go-to daily highlighter.

The reason is that for one thing, contrary to my first impression, this highlighter does effectively highlight. But it has a very finely milled quality that makes it a lot more subtle and skin-like. It looks like what runway makeup artists use to make models' skin look perfect and luminous. In contrast there's also a highlighter trend that leans toward something really otherworldly, alien and holographic, and this highlighter is not what you would probably want to use to achieve that.

The other thing is that I like how subtle it is. I like my make up low key for work (not at all knocking those who like something more dramatic, that's awesome and you do you), and I did have a few instances with other highlighters where I would kind of overdo it and it looked like obvious shimmer. This is because 1. I'm tired first thing in the morning when I apply my makeup, which is not great for motor skills and 2. I'm not incredibly careful or skilled with makeup. Either way, I like that with Becca Moonstone it's a lot harder to muck up.

I think I'd like to try other colors just for fun, but Moonstone has been a good natural-looking shade for me, with probably NC15 skin. I was unsure about Moonstone since it is described as a gold, which is not a highlighter shade I would normally go for. But it seemed the best for me of the minis Sephora had in stock, and I wanted to try a Becca highlighter, and I'm cheap and was not going to buy a full size, so I bought it. And I'm glad I did. The gold is pretty subtle and does not read GOLD ALL CAPS when applied. For the record I use highlighter on my cheekbones up in a c-shape to the ends of my eyebrows.

on 12/10/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Eh...it's pretty, but not for me. I found myself having to build this up to get the desired intensity. I'm okay with a subtle glow, but it didn't show much through my makeup unless I packed it on. If I'm going to spend more, then I prefer more intensity. Champagne Pop still takes first place for me. I'll still give it a good rating just because the formula is amazing as usual.

This is the most natural highlighter that I've ever used. I find highlighters are either too bright or you don't see anything at all. I have a yellow, olive undertone and the moonstone color blends perfectly into my skin. The shimmering powder is very finely milled and brushes over your skin effortlessly. I only have to apply one layer to see the highlights in my skin. My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long. After a few hours, it completely disappears from my skin. This would be a great product for a night out when you only need to be able to see the highlights through dinner.

on 1/9/2017 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

If you're undecided on shelling out $50 CAD for a highlighter..... I'd say splurge! I got this during a VIB sale at Sephora a year ago & still have a TON left. It's very pigmented & you only need a little; I use sparingly on the high points on my face. I have very oily skin & use a lot of matte products, so need a highlighter to bring dimension to my face. I do a light sweep on my cheeks for a subtle glow. But layer it on my brow bone & inner eye for more contrast.

I got the shade Moonstone, which is described as a pale gold. It looks gorge on my warm NC30 skin. The gold color compliments my skin tone and looks natural. But when the light hits, you see this "silver" reflection from the pale gold color & it's stunning! No glittery sparkles but a shimmering glow. It's buttery smooth & very buildable because it's so finely milled.

With all that said.... I wouldn't repurchase because it's too expensive PLUS I use it so sparingly I could get away with a simple drugstore highlighter. BUT this was a fun splurge & it's a really great product!

Absolutely gorgeous. One of my HG powder highlights. It gives a nice glow, has a bit of glitter, but nothing super chunky or unnatural. It gives a natural healthy sheen. The formula is good, and the powder is finely milled.

very pigmented, fine texture, a little goes a long way, long lasting.

I can go from sheer to disco ball look, depends on the stroke and technique.

can use it as face highlighter or eyeshadow. multi purpose!

5/5

on 1/21/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm a neutral leaning slightly yellow NC20. Moonstone happens to be very flattering on my skin tone...it leaves a subtle golden pearly sheen to my skin. Although I found the quality of The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer good, it was far too golden on me. Moonstone is like a toned down version, because it has more of a pearl colour base. The shimmers are not chunky at all and I like that Moonstone can look subtle or intense depending on how much I apply, unlike the MAC Soft&Gentle which looks too full on regardless of how sparingly I apply. Moonstone goes on really smoothly and lasts all day on my skin. The big downside for me is how expensive this stuff is, around £32 here in the UK.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Becca is the quintessential Australian girls brand. I've been into Becca for ages and done a few reviews on a couple of products. Everything I have tried I have loved. This powder highlight is the only product of the Moonstone colour family that I own. It has a creamy gold base. This lends to the white gold end of the gold spectrum, with the discontinued "Champagne" (not to be confused with Champagne "pop") being a true gold. The formulation of the pressed powders are up there with the best on the market. The proof of this is in the fact that I am sooooo close to hitting pan on this sucker. It provides a glow, not a spec of chunky glitter to be found. The colour is perfect for my NC25/30 skin, and I would guess that it would suit a range of skin tones from NC/NW 15 to about a 35. As compared to Opal, it's more golden toned and paler (with Opal being darker and more pink toned). As compared to Pearl, it's much more warm toned and yellow based (with Pearl being a cool toned white based highlight). Champagne Pop is more warm toned and leans more towards a true gold.

The packaging is beautiful, heavy and solid to hold which is pretty important because the product is so fragile. The price is high but you get what you pay for with this highlight, it sells for $66 AU at Sephora (Adore beauty sell for about 10 dollars less). In comparison to some other brands:
UD naked illuminating powder is $45 and it's a glitter ball hot mess with no pigment and is just a chunky glitter mess masquerading as a highlight
Hourglass Luminous Light is $66 aswell but is much more subtle, still beautiful but it's also a tad darker and more on the line of Opal.
Mac Soft and Gentle is around $50 and in my opinion the quality is terrible. Chunky and glittery, such a mess that will leave you looking stank.

All in all Becca Moonstone is a no brainer for pale to medium skin tones. If you want to spend money on a highlight, then do it here.