BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

4.5

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I cannot stress enough about how amazing this product is!!!! UGH it's beautiful. I always feel so glowing and it sits on the skin beautifully, I just don't know what i'd do without this highlighter! HOLY GRAIL! honestly so worth every penny & I won't go without it. xoxo.

I've been using this for a long time and I love it so much on my NW15-20 skin. I'm a huge highlighter junkie but I use this almost everyday, which says so much about it to me. It fits perfectly with my yellow skin and when put on it has this great pale golden glow I need! I'm not a huge fan of this whole over the top highlighting thing going on lately but with this highlighter I get that great healthy look! It feels smooth and blends like a dream. I will repurchase if I ever run out!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this, must have. I've used lots of highlighters over the years, this is my favourite. Especially in winter. It's soft, glowy and if you apply with a light hand, natural.

I used a large, square shaped brush. I swipe along the broad part of my upper check, starting from the middle of my eye, up over my cheek and then swipe on my forehead and then brow bone area. (I'm probably not describing this well!). I then swipe a bit down my nose, super thin, cupids bow and that tiny bit under the fullest part of my lower lip. I don't find adding to the inner corners of my eyes works for me, but, a very small thin line on the lower lash line until the middle of the eye is great. Light hand. Then blend.

It's the easiest of all highlighters I've purchased to apply, which seems counter intuitive, but us true! It's smooth and creamy and I feel like I get good control for a sheer wash of colour that I can build for evenings.

on 11/14/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is a daily use for me. It blends beautifully and is amazing for multi-use! You can use it on the cheekbones, inner corners as a highlight, etc. It is well worth the price and I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 11/14/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ah..BECCA HIGHLIGHTERS seem all the rage these days! With the saying "HIGHLIGHT on FLEEK" these days on Instagram, people seem to be rushing to buy highlighters..

I am not a beginner to highlighters. I've used them for 5+ years now and tried maybe 10-15 of them. What's not to love about highlighters- they make your features way more sculpted, brightens skin, slims nose, slims cheeks, makes lips look fuller, accentuates your eyes!!

I bought Moonstone because I looked at it in the store and it was a light yellow in the pan. I thought: perfect! I have light yellow (NC20-25) skin so this has got to work!!!

I wore it 3 times and decided to sell it on Craigslist...the color is TOO obvious and stark on me, it screams "Look at me I am wearing a highlighter!!!" In the pan it looks pale yellow, but on my skin it looks a little silvery-white! It's so obvious that I am wearing a highlighter, but I guess gaudy makeup is in these days, but Im one that likes the kind of makeup where you cant tell you are wearing makeup!

OPAL is much better for a natural looking glow on my NC20-25 skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Becca gets a lot of hype for their highlighters. But they really are great, and they look really pretty on.

So which should you get? Liquid, pressed, or poured?
I currently have the liquid in pearl. I think the liquid versions have the least amount of "glitter' in them. (although the glitter is quite fine, and doesn't appear glittery on the skin in any of the formulas) The liquid is a little better if you want something more subtle, because you can layer it under foundation too. (or mix it with foundation, if you like the glowy type of look)

I also have the pressed in Moonstone. I am in LOVE with the pressed formula. It goes on so easily, and you can really build it up, or sheer it out. (although it's a bit easier to overdo it with the pressed formula)

I haven't tried the poured, but I believe it is something in between the two, a creamier type powder.

What color should you get if you are pale?
My summer tan color has been NW20. The Opal sample I received actually looked really nice on my skin, and I used it all. But with my tan fading fast, moonstone was a perfect choice. (typically around NW10-15 in Winter) Initially I was afraid this would be too yellow for my cool-toned skin, but it really looks great. It is neutral and sheer enough that I think both cool and warm tones could easily wear.

I did read that they are going to release Pearl in the pressed formula sometime next Spring. Honestly, I think that might be too white, that it would be quite stark against the skin. I am super happy with Moonstone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

GORGEOUS! This highlighter is SO pigmented and glow-ey! I have super pale skin and it looks great on me. The packaging is beautiful.
Definitely worth the money! Highly recommend!

on 10/5/2015 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love it. Plain and simple, just love it. I own 3 Becca highlighters currently, because that is how in love I am with them. I would probably get all of them if the other colours were suitable for my super pale skin, but alas they are not. I own Moonstone, Champagne Pop, and Rose Gold is currently shipping to my house as I am typing so I'll update my review on that one once I have it. This review page is for moonstone but I'll still give a bit of detail about the others so whoever reads this can get an idea for which is better for them.

In order of which is the most shimmery, highlighting etc. I would say Champagne Pop is quite a bit more highlighting and 'out there'. It's way more glam, and if you watch Jaclyn Hill's youtube videos, basically she does a 'glam highlight' for almost every makeup look she does. While it looks nice, it's not for me. It's easier to be light handed with Moonstone, but still have a strong highlight. Moonstone is a strong highlight for sure, but Champagne Pop is a stronger highlight. I personally think it would be easier to layer this and decide how much glam you want in your look for that day. They are both fantastic, and honestly you can make both look more natural and glam so you can't go wrong.

In terms of dupes, I also own The Balm Mary-Loumanizer. The Becca highlighters are better quality I can say that from the get go. The Balm is an amazing highlighter but when you compare it to the Becca ones the Balm has larger shimmer in it, which I personally don't like. Mary-Loumanizer is more similar to Champagne Pop (however it's a paler gold), but it's kind of right between both of these. Although Mary is a very nice highlighter, I rarely reach for it anymore.

What else can I say? They apply like a dream, blend like a dream, shine like a dream. Good staying power considering how pigmented it is. There is literally nothing bad I can say about them. The packaging is gorgeous, strong, you feel like the 46 bucks (Canadian price) is worth every penny. The mirror is really nice too. It's very large, so I can't ever imagine myself running out in this lifetime but hey if I did, I'd run right back to Becca highlighters.

In summary, Moonstone is 5/5, gorgeous. If you're very fair, go with Moonstone but Champagne Pop still looks nice with fair skin, not orange like I had feared. If you're medium-tan or darker, Champagne Pop is the right way to go as Moonstone could potentially wash you out and show as ashy on your skin. I have to try out their liquid highlighting formulas one day. :)

on 9/7/2015 10:56:00 AM

I am honored to be the first reviewer in my age range for this gem. I am an NW15-20, and am new to highlighters. I previously shied away from them because I was under the impression they just accentuated pores, like it does on some YT beauty gurus who are a lot younger than I am. I had tried a couple of them in the past, like TheBalm Mary Loumanizer, which I hated. But then recently, I saw how beautiful it can look if it's applied properly, and with the right product. Soft and Gentle by MAC was my first purchase, and I have been very happy with it, but I still wanted this one, even though I was under the mistaken impression that they were too similar. So I finally took the plunge and purchased this. It is a pale creamy color, and I really love it. It is so pigmented that I was actually able to test it in the store by applying it with my finger. I don't use a dense brush with it, because it would be easy to overdo it. It was expensive, no question ($38) but it was worth the splurge.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I only own this product for couple of months - but it is my truly HG pressed highlighter of the moment; I have never tried a highlighter with a better formulation.

The texture is what makes this highlighter unique - it is not too dry or powdery. Quite on the contrary it glides on very smooth and feels buttery to touch. The finish is not glittery or chalky whatsoever - it reflect like a pearl on the face.

On the skin it doesn't clog pores or accentuate them. With a right highlighter brush it applies like a dream and lasts for about 5-6 hours on me.

This powder is also quite buildable, so you can always achieve a more dramatic look with it when needed.

For more thoughts and swatches on this Becca highlighter in Moonstone you can check this blog post here. Hope it helps!