Maybelline New York The Nudes

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The color intensity isn't as much as higher end palettes, but will work if you are doing a subtle eye or new to eye shadows. I reach for this when I need something to go with other eye shadows (such as a medium matte to cut a crease) or I am looking for a neutral eye. It seems like a good choice if your budget is tight. I haven't tried any of the Naked palettes yet so I can't compare it to them. It's not anything better than any of Maybelline's other eye shadows, but better than those other cheap drugstore palettes because it's not overly glittery or chalky. The color intensity is best when applied over a primer or concealor.

Not great pigmentation and the colours bleed together unless you prime it. The colours were all the same and there could have been more matte shades

It's a pretty good drug store palette. It has a variety of neutral shades with both shimmer and matte (which are a tad satin) which blend out nicely. The pigmentation is OK, some shades are better (eg the black shadow lacks pigmentation but works fine with Mac fix + or water). It a good drugstore palette, but would be better if it had a mirror

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

The palette has a really nice variety of colours! They are really pigmented so you don't need a lot!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The colours look so beautiful in the pans it's such a shame the pigmentation is terrible and the shadows look so muddy on the eyes.

What a great palette! Suitable for beginners and for more experienced make up lovers. Pigmentation is very good for a drugstore palette. It's not as great as for example UD naked shadows but very good still. This can be used to create a very natural looks and also more dramatic looks.
This palette is sold out in many stores in my hometown and for a reason.
Packaging is ok, it does not have a mirror but that's fine with me. You can't have it all with that price.

Its a VERY good palette for the drugstore! Although i have to say it's a bit of a hit and miss at the same time for me. So lets just get this straight, the mattes in this palette are just AMAZING. The 5th color from the top row is a good dupe for tease from the NAKED 2. I found the two mattes REALLY AMAZING. They are so pigmented you literally have to be careful putting them on!

I love the color selections for the price, but i do feel like some of the shades shimmery don't show up as much and are VERY hard to pick up with a brush (Cough Cough 1st shade in top row) and some of them do fade really badly when you try and blend.

So overall review: I do love about 5 of the 12 shades BUT i think the 2 brown mattes in it are THE best of the drugstore that i have found so far and they do compare to high end.

But i wound not really recommend it if you want it for all the shades, but if its ok for you to only use a few eyeshadows in a palette without being annoyed (weird i know) then i would get it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

About me
natural blond (dyed dark blond now)
hooded blue eyes
40+
I love neutral e/s
I wear Essence concealer as a "primer"on my eyelids daily

What Maybelline says
Why You'll Love It
Our first 12 shade collection curated to create infinite looks with bold beiges, sultry sands, brazen bronzes, and over the top taupes.

What I say
I dont wear eyeshadow on a daily base, usually 4 out of 7 days per week. But when I wear eyeshadow I always wear neutrals. I tried green and purple but I just dont feel comfortable wearing these shades.
I bought this palette after reading some reviews from 40+ woman at MUA and two of the reviews made me pull the trigger for this palette ((thanks Redlipsdiva and BelleDeCrecy!).
What I love is that it has shimmery and matt shades and the shades are buildable and I dont experience any fall out (I do always tap my 239 before I apply my e/s). The other thing I love is the back side of the palette, Maybelline shows how you can pair these shades and I so love that as Im always confused which shades I should pair lol.

I wear concealer on my eyelids as a base and the staying power of The Nudes is good, no fall out during the day. I also find them buttery and easy to blend.
You can go dark with a good smoky eye or go very neutral and use the softer shades.

My fave combination so far:
* no. 9 on lid, no. 5 in crease and up (as I have hooded eyes), no 8 outer V and no. 3 as a highligter / dark brown eyeliner
* no. 8 on my lid, no 2 in my crease and up blending no. 5 into my crease too and no. 3 as a highlighter / medium brown eyeliner
* no. 4 on lid, no. 5 in my crease and up and no. 9 in the inner corner and no. 3 as a highlighter / no eyeliner

I've owned the Neutral palette by Too Faced and even though I loved it (sold it 3 years ago as I got allergic for talc (thank heaven Im no longer allergic to talc now)), I love this The Nudes palette more, I mean, hello a cardboard palette, Im 48 years old, cardboard palettes suppose to be for children to play with?

Only downside: no mirror in the palette

Pics I've uploaded are by Beautygloss and Beauty101

Update October 26, 2015
Even though I loved using this palette I bought the Clinique Wear Everywhere Neutrals All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette and replace this Nudes palette by Maybelline.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this with a little trepidation after hearing some pretty negative reviews about the product. Whilst these eye shadows may not be in the same league as the Urban Decay Naked palettes, I am really impressed by this little collection of neutral eyeshadows that should suit most people in terms of budget, quality and range of shades.

A lot of thought has been put into the shades included in the collections and how they are presented. There are suggested combinations on the back of the packaging for people like me who can be a bit baffled and overwhelmed when presented with such a big range of options. I have been playing about with this palette for just over a month now and while I have my favourites (there is a lovely bronze/gold shade in the bottom row that is quite good with my blue eyes) I have used all of the shades in the palette - including the scary (to me!) looking black shade.

I find they all last well during the day although I dos wear them with an eye primer - I use the Rimmel eye primer (the one in the white tube with the red lid). Most of the shades are well pigmented but one or two need an extra coaxing to show up. There is a very shimmery white colour right beside the black shade in the bottom row that needs a bit of work to get it to show up but this is also an advantage. I use this as a very subtle highlight in the inner corner of my eyes and to blend out the black shade.

I am very impressed by this product. It's affordable and very wearable with a very good range of shades which can be used to create very natural daytime looks and more dramatic evening looks as you prefer. I would buy this again a definitely recommend it to my friends. I also notice I can wear this eyeshadow quite comfortable with no irritation on my eyelids. I have quite crepy eyelids that are easily irritated by glittery or shimmery shadows.

I love this collection. I have the original nudes and the blushed. They are perfect for me because I don't wear makeup all the time and they give just a hint of color and shine.