Maybelline New York The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.3

I just love it. Its so great. This is my best nude palettes that I use, and I use a lot of it. The colours, texture and pigmentation are everything that I was searching. Its long lasting when I fix it, and thats very important for me. I use it myself every day. I would buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really do like this eyeshadow. It's like butter, so creamy and smooth putting it on. But, only about half of the colors are appropriate for daily use, the other half are far too dark to wear to work or the store, etc. They're more of a party or bar look. Unless you wear dark colors on your eyes at all times, then good for you at finding this. There are a lot of colors to play around with so it's worth the money. Since you can't (or shouldn't) use all of the colors every day this will definitely last you a while so it's a practical purchase. I don't think I will end up buying this more than a few times in my lifetime though

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like that DS brands are finally making palettes. I reach for this when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to be careful. Quality, color, and tone selection is great for the price ($10)! Works best when you use a good primer! These shadows performed well for me. I have no complaints. I would actually buy another when I run out, for the same use or to throw in my bag-I really don't like carrying HE palettes around, unless they are travel sized, and I know that I can get another. I bought one for my 13 yo daughter. She really likes hers as well. I like that it has a dark brown and a black to use as a liner. Props to Maybelline! Would like to add that pigmentation actually got better the more it got used. The shadows get softer under the surface, especially the shimmers.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've been wanting to dip my toe in the world of expanded eyeshadow palettes for some time but haven't felt moved to justify the pricetag of an Urban Decay Naked Palette, I also don't really like the bulky size of them. Enter Maybelline The Nudes. Here are my thoughts:

It's true that Maybelline eyeshadows aren't the BEST quality, but of all the drugstore brands, they are my favorite in this category. Applied over a primer, the majority show up beautifully and blend very nicely. I think this is a great starter palette of neutrals. It comes with a really clever application guide for suggested color combos as duos, trios, and quads. It's fun to experiment with and it's budget-friendly.

If anything, this palette has allowed me to explore a wide variety of neutral color combinations and discover what really works best for me. Now, if I want to, I can get the build-your-own quad palette from Urban Decay and fill it with colors I know I'll be happy to use on the daily. I would love it if Maybelline came out with something along the lines of that. They'd make a killing---they offer the best color and quality selection of the drugstore brands, imho. Revlon tried to create a build-your-own but from what I've read, the quality of that shadow range is pretty crappy. If only Maybelline had come up with that packaging gimmick instead, I would have been ALL OVER it. Whoops! Sorry, got on a tangent there.

Summary: Budget-friendly, must use with an eyeshadow primer, great starter palette of neutrals for seasoned makeup junkies and novices alike.

First of all, can we just celebrate the fact that drugstore brands are even coming out with these type of palettes? THANK YOU MAYBELLINE!!

Now, on to the product review.
If you are just getting into makeup, just getting into eyeshadows, want to mess around with looks but not shell out the cash for the highend palettes, this is around $10, you'll love this and its perfect for you.

Personally........
I liked the packaging, i liked all the different variety of nudes. I loved the IDEA of this palette But....
None of these shades looked right on me. I found them a bit chaulky, lots of fall out. The pigmentation was OK. I wish there were more matte's. I did like the one skin color type color for my under eye.

I also have the blushed nudes palette(available only at Walmarts) which i liked the color selection a tad more. However i've recently purchased L'Oreal's La Palettes 1 & 2 and i prefer them much more.

This is a great palette, especially for the price! You can achieve a light, daytime neutral eye, or a deep smokey eye. There are shimmery shades, as well as matte shades, and plenty of highlights and browns to choose from. I find the pigmentation to be quite good, and they blend smoothly, without fallout or creasing/fading. The pan sizes are nice and large, so it will last a very long time. I would def. recommend and re-buy!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Maybelline and Rimel are my two favorite drug store brands for make-up. This palette is a great dupe for Urban Decay's first Naked palette. I don't think the shadows are as pigmented as Urban Decay, but with a good eye shadow primer I see no reason why they wouldn't last just as long. Great palette for the price. And I really like "the smokes" palette for a more vampy and smokey eye.

I also think the Fresh Face palette they have is a lot like my Naked 3 palette! Great color selection, cute compact, and I love the price!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review will be short and sweet as many reviewers below have better articulated my views.
Pros: some great colours; lots of variety of colours and finishes; nothing too glittery; and, most importantly, all are usable, wearable colours

Cons: some colours are very hard to pick up with a brush. I found this to be particularly true for the mid and dark hued tones. The light (base) shades were creamier and easier to apply, as were the shimmer/ metallic shades.

Would I buy again? No. But it's nice to have some of the colours for when I want options and/or more variety.

This is great for the money. Sure, some of the colours don't have great pigmentation, but probably 2/3 of them are totally fine and comparable to more expensive brands. The layout is great (set up as quads, trios, or pairs for easy looks), and the colour variety is solid.

The pale highlight colour in the first quad looks like it would be an ultra pale glitterpalooza in the palette, but looks beautifully shimmery and subtle on the skin. The metallic-y darker brown shade is probably my favourite in this palette for blendability and colour payoff.

If you already have neutral palettes from mid to high end companies, I wouldn't bother with this, but if you're just starting out, or are reluctant to pull the trigger on a more expensive neutral palette, or just don't have access to anything but a drug store in your area, I would suggest picking this up. Using it for a few months helped me realise that if I invested in a Lorac or UD neutral palette, I would definitely use it all the time.... and even now that I have a couple Lorac pieces, I still use this a little.

I really like this pallette. I'm a fan of Maybelline shadows in general, but I always use primer & I always use good brushes to apply my eye makeup. I haven't used an applicator sponge since '03, honestly. All the colors, even the upper left corner pale shimmer, have decent pigment & show up nicely on my fair skin with yellowish-orange undertones (peaches n cream complexion).