SHISEIDO Ultimune

SHISEIDO Ultimune

3.2

WATER (AQUA/EAU)・ALCOHOL DENAT.・GLYCERIN・BUTYLENE GLYCOL・PEG/PPG-17/4 DIMETHYL ETHER・TRIETHYLHEXANOIN・CYCLOHEXASILOXANE・DIMETHICONE・PHENOXYETHANOL・TREHALOSE・AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/BEHENETH-25 METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER・PEG-14M・ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER・TOCOPHERYL ACETATE・PEG/PPG-14/7 DIMETHYL ETHER・ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER WATER・FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)・DISODIUM EDTA・POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE・SILICA・ISOCETETH-10・LINALOOL・LAURYL BETAINE・GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT・GERANIOL・CITRONELLOL・ORIGANUM MAJORANA LEAF EXTRACT・NELUMBO NUCIFERA GERM EXTRACT・ALCOHOL・SODIUM CARBOXYMETHYL BETA-GLUCAN・BHT・THYMUS SERPYLLUM EXTRACT・PERILLA OCYMOIDES LEAF EXTRACT・SODIUM BICARBONATE・IRIS FLORENTINA ROOT EXTRACT・SODIUM BENZOATE・GANODERMA LUCIDUM (MUSHROOM) STEM EXTRACT

on 10/22/2014 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is dressed up in attractive packaging but the serum itself contains little of substance to justify the high price. Like another reviewerer noted, the second ingredient is denatured alcohol - all-around a poor ingredient for skincare. Over time it will cause dryness and possibly even an overall worsening of skin quality. It absorbs fast, but that's about the only pro - not until the 14th ingredient do you get to something that's actually botanical/plant-based. After water, it's all alcohols, silicones, and preservatives - you're probably better off not using anything than to use this on your face. It caused my skin to become dry, red, and irritated - I would highly recommend you steer clear of this product.

on 10/8/2014 11:31:00 AM

Been using a sample twice a day for one week. While it does dry matte, and doesn't contribute to either dryness or oiliness on my combination skin, it has done nothing at all. Now, sure you can say that one week isn't sufficient, but I have been using the multistep layering of skincare as recommended by Asian skincare specialists and been pretty rigorous about it. Nada. Nothing. Wasted time. Zero results. I'm about to use up the final day's dosage and if I suddenly discover my skin is worse without it, I shall update with the news that I purchased a full size bottle of this expensive serum. However, I'm expecting no such revelation.

on 9/18/2014 8:27:00 PM

I got this product when I was in dire need of a new moisturizing routine when my skin started to peel from being SO dry. This serum has really done it for me. It goes on very smoothly and it makes my skin look so much more refresh and even gives me a glow! Although it does cost quite a bit of money it doesn't go to waste! The bottle is well designed so that only a pea sized drop comes out which is a perfect amount. After about a month of using it, I still had 90% left. I recommend this product to those with dry skin! Remember to use a moisturizer after this serum :)

on 9/1/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this and was reading how great it's supposed to be. I loved the clean, matte feeling after applying it. My skin felt really nice after using it.
However, after just 3 days of using it, my face started to break out, I got these little red bumps on my nose and cheeks. I stopped using it righ away and my skin is back to normal.

on 8/1/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Got a sample of this last week. After using it one time - skin texture felt smooth. this product felt lightweight, has decent rose fragrance, and doesn't make my skin feel oily the next morning. this is supposed to be used before your serum and moisturizer. However- was VERY disappointed to see that this product contained denatured or SD alcohol in their ingredients. So I will not use this again.

This was just recently released and I saw it online by chance. I stopped by the Shiseido counter for some cleansing creme, but the SA suggested Ultimune also. She claimed her clients who had purchased it have given her rave reviews within just a week of using it. Okay...you've yanked my rubber arm. I have no expectations for serums as I've used so many, from La Mer, Chantecaille, Cle de Peau and Revive...and none have done anything significant for me regardless of their extraordinary prices.

So I gave it few nights and for some reason I really really like it already. I don't know what's in this but whatever 20 years of research they've put into this really works. I'm not even sure what I'm seeing or feeling, but my face feels so much nicer. It's smoother in texture and firmer. What?? I know. I'm a total skeptic when it comes to skincare after years of trying so many expensive products. Seriously. It claims you can feel a difference within a week and a true improvement in 4 weeks. What improvements am I looking for? More clarity I suppose. I get the occasional pimple and some blemishes on my cheeks and this serum hasn't given me any new ones. It doesn't clog my pores. It's light enough to wear under makeup and yet moisturizing enough to wear alone. The scent is a bit strong for me, but it's not terrible. It's a nice scent. There are 2 sizes and I purchased the smaller bottle at $78cdn so it is not cheap by any means, but considering I've spent $150-300 for serums in the past and I've yet to use them all up due to not seeing any improvement it is relatively affordable. I would definitely repurchase if I keep seeing improvements after 4 weeks.