SHISEIDO Ultimune

SHISEIDO Ultimune

3.2

WATER (AQUA/EAU)・ALCOHOL DENAT.・GLYCERIN・BUTYLENE GLYCOL・PEG/PPG-17/4 DIMETHYL ETHER・TRIETHYLHEXANOIN・CYCLOHEXASILOXANE・DIMETHICONE・PHENOXYETHANOL・TREHALOSE・AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/BEHENETH-25 METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER・PEG-14M・ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER・TOCOPHERYL ACETATE・PEG/PPG-14/7 DIMETHYL ETHER・ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER WATER・FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)・DISODIUM EDTA・POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE・SILICA・ISOCETETH-10・LINALOOL・LAURYL BETAINE・GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT・GERANIOL・CITRONELLOL・ORIGANUM MAJORANA LEAF EXTRACT・NELUMBO NUCIFERA GERM EXTRACT・ALCOHOL・SODIUM CARBOXYMETHYL BETA-GLUCAN・BHT・THYMUS SERPYLLUM EXTRACT・PERILLA OCYMOIDES LEAF EXTRACT・SODIUM BICARBONATE・IRIS FLORENTINA ROOT EXTRACT・SODIUM BENZOATE・GANODERMA LUCIDUM (MUSHROOM) STEM EXTRACT

on 1/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

I have a very sensitive and combination skin. Slight rashes came out but it din stop me for using as it control my oily skin well. However after few days of persistent usage, my pore gets visible meaning it dry my skin 😢 I have 1 unused bottle dun know if they can exchange with another product. Regretted in buying it.

on 10/27/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This serum really works - but it isn't great for underneath makeup.

Pros: Very lightweight and doesn't clog pores (I'm oily-combination). It doesn't overpower skin and did not cause any breakouts (I'm super acne prone). I've been using it at night and on my 'no makeup' days and my skin seems brighter, smoother and softer to touch. I also feel that it helped heal a few pimples. It just makes my skin feel well looked after and thankful for it. The packaging is great too - love the pump.

Cons: it's pricey. It alsoleaves a slight residue which is a bit sticky and doesn't disappear no matter how long you wait. My moisturiser went on really smoothly, but my makeup just balled up, which never happened to me before. Not a cute look. For this reason I've been using this only at night & on my no makeup days.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I don’t know whom this serum is targeted to because I honestly cannot properly identify its functions or age group.
As much as I like Shiseido products (many items work wonders on my skin, I love their Bio Performance line, I adore the foundations & other makeup items) I really cannot understand Ultimune.
It is a runny , transparent serum that come in a magnificent red designer’s bottle (the wow effect stops at the bottle).
The serum is runny and is almost pure alcohol. I have combo skin and when I put this one on, I can really see my cheek skin getting tight and dehydrated: I can see lines forming!!!.
But nothing else as per hydration properties or smoothing effect.
I think it could work for very oily skin, because alcohol makes the trick, but then a younger audience would never pay the very steep price for this one (the 30 ml bottle retails in Europe for 80 Euros approx).
I had several samples, that I tried to use up, now I got a 10 ml bottle in a set that I am trying to use but no way, my skin does not agree with it.
I would never buy this serum, and I see really few people that can truly benefit from it.
If you need a really good serum, for ALL skin types that really performs, go for Advanced night Repair, the gold standard for serums.

on 10/17/2016 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

To be honest, I'm not even sure what role this product is supposed to fill in the skincare routine. I guess it's closest to a serum, but it doesn't seem to have enough of an impact to actually be considered one. After using up my deluxe sample, I do feel like my skin is better - i.e., smoother and with less blemishes than usual, but at the same time, I could achieve the same results with products that are far, far cheaper.

And like others have mentioned, the alcohol will be problematic for some people.

Because personally I did experience at least an inkling of something good with this product, I won't rate it low. It just isn't a miracle worker by any means, however.

on 10/12/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Tried this 'serum' out for awhile, twice a day as recommended and I can honestly say it did nothing for my skin -maybe felt a general softness, but my skin is already soft. There is a strong tone of alcohol in the product scent. As the serum dries on the skin I felt a tightening sensation (relieved once I applied moisturizer), I know that serums shouldn't feel that way, hence the alcohol component. Not repurchasing because it's too expensive for not having much performance. There are certainly better products out there

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Because it contains alcohol I won't recommend it. It does make the skin feel good like a very smooth primer. It might 'energize' skin by the tingling effect in reaction to the alcohol and possibly some other ingredients? I was already quite happy with my skincare but this did seem to help a couple of pimples die down. it doesn't do much of anything else for me so I'm giving it an ambivalent rating.

on 6/22/2016 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Thank goodness I didn't pay for this product, but to exchange 3 generous sample size using my Sephora points at the checkout.
Upon home, I checked on the ingredient list, the second ingredient is alcohol denat. (they are afraid to put the entire word, denat. = denature)
It was my first day in biochemistry 101, the professor citing the example of drinking alcohol that felt so "smooooth" as it slide down the throat, well, the alcohol is actually denaturizing the mucous membrane cells in the esophagus.
The putting of alcohol in skincare is just for the pleasant feeling, short term gain, long term loss.
Glad I didn't pay for that, but then not all is loss, I will save it for a bug-bite or a hand sanitizer.

I have a sample from a sampler I got on sephora. I love the scent of the serum but I think that this serum is responsible for clogging my pores. I had 5 pimples and blackheads where I don't normally get clogged pores. I stopped this and my skin has slowly cleared up.

on 4/24/2016 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product 2 months ago and I am using my second one. I really do not understand why many people do negative comments about it but it is one of the best skincare products I have ever used. My skin is fair-medium combination and sensitive type and allergic. It can be reddish very quickly. Shiseido Ultimune is very convenient for every skin type and if you use it twice a day regularly you can see the difference on your skin after a month. First of all it does not cause any reaction, no pimples.It makes the skin fresh, smooth, glowing and younger after a while. People notice the difference easily and make comments like "your skin looks very healthy and bright."
Also, it definitely increases the effectiveness of other products for skin care if you use ultimune first.
Highly recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A few weeks ago, I got a bottle of this stuff, which I'd never heard of before, as a points perk at Sephora. I like it so much, I went back and got 2 more points perk bottles, which end up being the equivalent of the smaller sized bottle of this stuff ($78 in Canada). I really like this. I only use it at night, after cleansing and before putting on my night face cream (I switch back and forth between Jouviance Glyco/Laser and Eucerin Q10). I feel like it just adds a little "something" and my skin actually looks smoother when I use it and just looks "happier" as soon as I apply it. I really like that this product comes in two sizes (a "value size" of 1.6 oz for $115, which saves you a few bucks over buying the smaller bottle) AND that I can get this almost for "free" by using my Optimum Points at Shoppers Drug Mart. I'll keep using my points perk bottles and, if I continue to notice the good results and if some new product doesn't come along to distract me, I will most certainly purchase the full size of this product.