Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer

Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer

4.1

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12, Glyceryl Dimyristate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid BHT, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this more like a leave-in since I rarely flat-iron my hair, but so far I really like it. I bought the small bottle from Sephora so I could try it. I sprayed a couple of sprays into my palms and ran them through my hair, concentrating in areas like the sides of my hair and ends. There seems to be a learning curve to what amount was perfect for my hair. It feels light and has a light scent but it does moisturize well. My hair was left soft with loads of shine and with curls and volume still intact. I used a styling cream on top a few times and it mixed well. It took a while to see any difference initially but it eventually absorbed. There is glycerin in this so watch out for dew points. it does fight frizz very well too so I can see this being even better when heat styling. Summer months should perfect for me to break this out since it is not sticky in texture. I would repurchase.

This is my new fave hair product. My hair had actually been in bad condition because I hadn't gone shopping for my usual hair products, and so this primer saved my hair.
After i brush my wet hair, I generously spray this all over my head of hair, towel wrap my hair for 10 mins, let it down and spray a bit more and a few more products, then I blow dry my hair.
The areas of my head and hair that were frizzy and dry before, are no longer! and my hair has been softer and more manageable since.
I purchased the travel size, but Im ready to go buy the full size because mine is almost done lol.

on 12/27/2014 1:08:00 PM

Love this! I have never had luck with Bumble & Bumble products but for some reason I keep trying them anyway. I finally found a winner. This is an excellent, lightweight leave-in spray that i use on my damp hair before blow drying. The results are that my hair is smooth and silky, not weighed down in the least. Shiny and frizz-free. And this provides heat protection as well.

For reference I have hair that is thick, dry, wavy-textured, color-treated and I heat-style it regularly. I always use some type of leave-in before I blow dry my hair. I have my favorites but I like to try out new ones too. I bought this from Sephora in the travel size ($8 for 2oz), which turned out to be a great way to try it out. Because I'm definitely buying the full-size bottle when this runs out.

Recommended!

on 11/16/2014 10:02:00 PM

Personally I prefer B&B's Invisible Oil Primer more than It's a 10. I get the best results by applying a total of ~3 sprays to my hands and applying to partially damp hair, then blow drying. I sometimes use it on dry hair if I am looking frizzy. Overall, very pleased. So glad to have better hair days.

on 8/19/2014 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have fine mostly straight hair (unless it's humid) and it looks great the day of my wash/blow dry. Once I hit the 24 hour mark however, my ends begin to tangle and look ratty becuase they're so dry and my roots start to grease up causing that gross oily hair look as well as lose volume. This product is great because I've been searching for a multitasking product for a while. I needed something that could detangle my hair as well as something that could provide true moisture to my dry ends (as opposed to just coating them in cones). This spray is light enough to be a quick detangler when combing (with a wide tooth comb), and moisturizing enough to change the texture of my dry straw ends into supple silky strands. They key to the moisturizing part for me is that I follow up spraying with a 15-30 second hit from my blow dryer (concentrating where I sprayed this product) because I feel like the heat coaxes the oils deeper into my strands and I'm left with bouncy shiny healthy hair. Love everything, except for the light lingering scent which is odd because I generally love tropical/coconutty smells.

on 8/11/2014 9:16:00 PM

I got this as a delux sample from Sephora and I was intrigued. I had tried the hairdresser's oil and I didn't like how greasy it made me feel and look and how much it weighed down my hair. I was a little hesitant and I felt it would be unnecessary because I never use anything in my hair. I wash my hair every other day and let it air dry. I never blow dry, straighten, dye or put chemicals into it. The only time I curl it is for a special event. I took my shower and sprayed this a few times at the ends of my hair and brushed it. As my hair dried, I noticed how shiny, smooth and frizz-free it looked. It also wasn't as flippy as usual. I really like this product and despite the price I will think sincerely about repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got the travel kit to try the Invisible Oil line and this is my favorite product of the three. Performs a lot like Its a 10 for me, and has similar ingredients. I like it, and I love Bb so I'll likely buy a full size.

At first I thought this would absolutely replace quite a few products in my "hair routine" and after the first wash and blow dry I was convinced. My hair looked fabulous (mind you I have waist length medium/thick semi-straight hair, normally use Moroccanoil and Aveda Straight Infusion Glossing Straightener, followed by Matrix Biolage Thermal Active Repair Gloss) and was incredibly shiny. After the second use, my hair became incredibly frizzy once dry and "misbehaved" so that I went back to my old hair routine. Frizz disappeared. I really wanted to like this product, and it may work for other hair types, but it was not for me. Sorry B&B.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

The smell was the worst! I had heard the smell referred to as a "unisex frangrance" so I knew before I got it that there was a smell but I just couldn't stand it and I'm not sensitive to smells at all. But this one lingered forever! I finally gave up and washed my hair at 2 am. I thought that maybe if the product was amazing I could kind of see past the smell but honestly it did nothing for me. I have incredibly thick hair so maybe that's why? But yeah, I was just happy that I only got it as a sample from Sephora so I wouldn't have to return it.

on 6/28/2014 12:43:00 AM

I think this is going to replace a lot of products for me (I'm talking to you Davines OI oil and Shu Uemura Essence Absolue). I have incredibly fine, coloured, shoulder-length hair with oily roots and dry ends. After just one use, on damp hair, I noticed that my hair was shinier but weightless. (I was pleasantly surprised because I found the Hairdresser's Invisible Oil to be a bit greasy and heavy for my hair; as is the case with most oils and serums.) Also, it smells nice but doesn't linger too much. I'm sensitive to fragrance but this one didn't bother me. I'm still trying out the shampoo and conditioner but I like them so far, too. I bought the travel sized trio but plan on purchasing full sizes for sure.