Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer

Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer
Hair Primer!

4.1

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12, Glyceryl Dimyristate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid BHT, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

on 1/29/2016 2:41:00 PM

Well, obviously one man's food is another man's poison. I got this product as a gratis from Sephora. It is recommended for coarse, dry hair. My hair is baby-fine and sort of oily. And this works beautifully on it. I also wear a pixie cut. I thought this would weigh my hair down and make it greasy. Imagine my surprise when I ended with soft, silky, shiny hair. Also, I can go a couple of days w/o washing my hair and it does not get oily and I don't get pillow-head. I said I would not repurchase only because this will last me a long time and my pixie cut does not need extra care (that's why I wear it). But I would recommend you to get a sample if you can. You might be surprised.

on 1/12/2016 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have long, fine (but a lot of it), wavy 2a-b hair that's highlighted and colored. I've recently figured out does better with LESS hair product. This stuff is pretty much perfect for me. I received a sample from Sephora and quickly purchased a full-size bottle. I probably use around 10-15 sprays of this on damp hair, comb through and either air dry or blow out. Sometimes I use a *little* styling cream or oil along with it, but I use it alone a lot too.

This stuff makes my hair nice and soft without frizz and without being weighed down at all. If I am wearing my hair wavy, it gives it a nice shine and helps to define the wave without making it look stringy. Very happy with this product and will continue to use!!

on 11/19/2015 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I can't bring myself to spend the money on a full size bottle of this primer but I just might cave in and do so because my hair just loves this stuff. I`m on my second trial size bottle of this primer (love those Sephora sales) and it beats any other detangler/leave-in conditioner I`ve tried.

My hair:

bra strap length with layers
professionally colour treated (every 8-10 weeks)
overall in very good, healthy condition but had ombre done in the spring and the ends can be dry

What I love about this primer is that it isn't heavy; it's very lightweight that doesn't weigh down my hair or leave it feeling greasy. (my hair is very particular about styling products and I stay away from most oils)
A little goes a long way so I spray lightly all over my hair after I wash it and towel dry the excess water.
I brush it through with my beloved Wet Brush and let it air dry.

If I need to blow dry, I'll add some Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener and Aveda New dry remedy daily moisturizing oil. My hair looks so sleek and soft with this combination of products.

When I consider that hair is an important accessory and how much time and money I spend at the hairdresser, it seems to justify plonking $29 CAD for a full size bottle for this primer.

This primer has a silky smooth texture and smells like coconut oil. Its a blend of six different oils, including the famous Argan oil! On wet hair its a great de-tangler and gives heat protection before blowdrying. On dry hair it can be used before straightening, curling (you will need to top up with a hairspray if you want hold). It gives uv protection so is a great beach accessory too! A 250ml bottle should last minimum of 3 months- good value for money too.

on 6/22/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

PROS:

Great detangler

Good lightweight leave-in conditioner

Protects hair during heat styling (flat iron, curling iron, blow dryer)

More emollient than Prep, for hair that is dry, damaged, or thick and curly

CONS:

If it's too heavy for you or builds up on the hair too much, see if you like Prep

The price is high.

I wish all of Bumble & Bumble's products were a little cheaper. After I ran out of this, I waited for several weeks before buying another bottle. I've gone through two. Same thing happened with Prep. I love Prep but after I finish a bottle, I always go as long as I can without it for money reasons. Once I tried to replace Prep with a cheaper detangling product from the drugstore which I hated. It was sticky and smelled like candy. Ended up going back to Prep.

I think both primers are fantastic, but please, B&B don't charge so much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Incredible! Worth every penny. If you don't want to invest in a full bottle at first, Sephora has a travel size that I think is $10 or around that price. I use this after I wash my hair everyday, and it detangles, smoothes, defrizzes before I do any heat styling to it. I usually add a little bit of argan oil and then I am good to go. I use to have major problems with dry and tangled hair but ever since I switched to Bumble and Bumble products I have had no issues. Love!

on 4/28/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the most awesome product ever!! It hydrates, eliminates my frizz, protects against heat styling, makes my hair manageable and gives me tons of shine. It also increases the effectiveness of styling products which can be layered on top of it. It's really light and would be suitable for fine hair. Whatever magic is inside it, it totally works for me. My hair is medium textured, wavy and prone to dryness and frizz. This primer makes my hair silky, sleek and gives me tons of body. It would be suitable for any hair type. Yes, it's expensive, but it's really concentrated so you don't need much. A bottle lasts me about two months and I use it about 3 times a week. I can't believe how good this stuff is! I definitely recommend it, especially for those who have any damage/dryness/frizz.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

HG. H. G.

I almost never write hair product reviews on here, mostly because I am terrible to my hair and also because none of them really seem to make any sort of difference to me. I think that the one hair product, in the land of all hair products, that I have ever loved in Oribe's beach spray. UNTIL NOW. To give some context, I have naturally very thick, wavy hair that has not been cut by anyone in almost a year, save for a few pathetic trims I've given myself. If you know thick wavy hair, you know that this is slightly disastrous and that it needs frequent upkeep to save it from itself. I also use heat styling a lot and have a bad tendency to wash my hair every day. So my hair is coarse, splitting, dry, broken, you name it.

Enter this amazing product. I received a sample and, when I ran out of my other heat protectant, decided to use it on a whim. I had zero expectations, since heat sprays usually make me feel better, but I'm pretty sure most don't do much. I didn't really full understand what it was. All I know is that after one use, during which time I flat ironed my hair, my hair turned from a crispy, broken mess into a sleek, soft thing that was sort of actually attractive. What? And it's done that, every single time I've used it. Suffice it to say I bought the full sized bottle.

This comes in a spray bottle. It's very easy to use - you just sort of spray it around your head. I don't love the scent (it is very coconut-y), but it's fine. It's more of an all-purpose spray than just for use with heat styling. It detangles, smooths, and tames. It's amazing, 1,000x better than any other product I've used (and I've tried a lot of them, to no avail). If your hair is damaged and in need of a little bit of love, I HIGHLY recommend. It definitely has some weight to it, though, so if you have fine hair, this might not be the right product for you. I am so impressed with this, though, and will definitely be considering the whole Hairdresser's Invisible Oil line from them.

on 12/27/2014 1:08:00 PM

Love this! I have never had luck with Bumble & Bumble products but for some reason I keep trying them anyway. I finally found a winner. This is an excellent, lightweight leave-in spray that i use on my damp hair before blow drying. The results are that my hair is smooth and silky, not weighed down in the least. Shiny and frizz-free. And this provides heat protection as well.

For reference I have hair that is thick, dry, wavy-textured, color-treated and I heat-style it regularly. I always use some type of leave-in before I blow dry my hair. I have my favorites but I like to try out new ones too. I bought this from Sephora in the travel size ($8 for 2oz), which turned out to be a great way to try it out. Because I'm definitely buying the full-size bottle when this runs out.

Recommended!

on 11/16/2014 10:02:00 PM

Personally I prefer B&B's Invisible Oil Primer more than It's a 10. I get the best results by applying a total of ~3 sprays to my hands and applying to partially damp hair, then blow drying. I sometimes use it on dry hair if I am looking frizzy. Overall, very pleased. So glad to have better hair days.