Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer

Filtered by age: 36-43
Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer
Hair Primer!

4.2

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12, Glyceryl Dimyristate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid BHT, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using a deluxe sample size of this line that I got at Sephora as part of a 500-point reward. Not too keen on the shampoo/conditioner part of the package [EDIT 7.13.2015: turns out it's the shampoo side of things I don't like; LOVE the conditioner!], but boy oh boy is the Invisible Oil Primer like hair magic!

Frankly, this has been one of the best hair weeks of my life thanks to this stuff and the Terax Latte shampoo, both new introductions to my hair care routine. I incorporated them separately enough to confirm that both products are playing major roles in the improvement of the overall condition of my hair.

Speaking specifically about the Invisible Oil Primer, it's very easy to use: just squirt it even-ishly onto your hair, comb through to make it more evenly distributed, and then blow dry your hair during the magic window when it is neither too damp nor too dry. That is, if you have a magic window of dampness for optimal hair-drying (I do cuz my hair is fussy as all get out).

FYI, I've tried tons of other heat protectancts/hair creams/detangler/leave-in conditioners/other styling products, and this is definitely a game-changer. Pricy, but one of the rare products worth the price.

For the record, my hair is normally a fine, limp, straw-like mess that breaks easily and just generally fussy up the wazoo. With the addition of the Oil Primer and Terax Latte shampoo, it's been the best it's been in well over a decade. Shiny, soft, manageable, hydrated, much easier to style. I feel like I've gone back in time at least 10-20 years and am optimistic for the first time in a long time that I might actually be able to grow it out past my shoulders without major breakage. Which, yay!!!!!!

A final note: the only aspect of this product that I'm somewhat meh about is the scent. Bumble and Bumble are capable of producing magnificantly scented products (Brilliantine Cream, for example) that are also essentially instructions on how to use the product coded/written via the product's scent, which is to say: very often, how a B& B product smells tells you a lot about how it's meant to be used or the effect it will have on your hair. For me, that's one of the most brilliant aspects of their line, even though their products can be hit or miss.

EDIT: 5.28.2015: This is a GREAT product overall but I must remove a lippie. While I'm not generally all afeared of silicone-based ingredients (there are many delightful ones that have no harmful effects, wash out easily with water and/or a halfway decent shampoo), this seems to contain one of the heavier sorts (in all likelihood, dimethicone) that builds up over time faster than my shampoo can tackle and thus results in scalp issues.

To remedy, I will probably just take a break from this stuff and then pick it up again and try to figure out how better to incorporate into my routine. I love this product enough that it's worth futzing about.

on 6/28/2014 12:43:00 AM

I think this is going to replace a lot of products for me (I'm talking to you Davines OI oil and Shu Uemura Essence Absolue). I have incredibly fine, coloured, shoulder-length hair with oily roots and dry ends. After just one use, on damp hair, I noticed that my hair was shinier but weightless. (I was pleasantly surprised because I found the Hairdresser's Invisible Oil to be a bit greasy and heavy for my hair; as is the case with most oils and serums.) Also, it smells nice but doesn't linger too much. I'm sensitive to fragrance but this one didn't bother me. I'm still trying out the shampoo and conditioner but I like them so far, too. I bought the travel sized trio but plan on purchasing full sizes for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not sure where I stand on this product, it does not do any harm to my hair but it does not create miracles either (hence 3 stars).

My hair is thin, slightly frizzy, naturally has no shine and has never been dyed (my hairdresser always says that people pay a lot of money to have a colour that I already have without colouring my hair AT ALL). I'm trying to grow it out now after 8 years of a constant pixie cut so I thought it is time to get a conditioner to keep it well between cuts (I try to go every 8-10 weeks).

I have a regular hair conditioner from this line too which I use once a fortnight and I use this product every day. I spray it on freshly washed hair and then style it with a hairdryer (it is winter where I live and I cannot imagine going out with wet hair! Plus it looks sooooo much better when heat styled so I will not be giving my use of a hairdryer up any time soon). I don't use too much maybe 5-6 sprays on my ends only as I'm worried it might get my hair weighted down.

It is hard to say what it actually DOES. It smells nice and looks good in my bathroom. And that is about it. I still get flyaways and I still get split ends. Also, it seems to last forever - I have had my bottle at least for a year now and I still have a half left!

Its fine but for the price it's nothing special. I feel like you can get the same effect from a drugstore brand

At first I thought this would absolutely replace quite a few products in my "hair routine" and after the first wash and blow dry I was convinced. My hair looked fabulous (mind you I have waist length medium/thick semi-straight hair, normally use Moroccanoil and Aveda Straight Infusion Glossing Straightener, followed by Matrix Biolage Thermal Active Repair Gloss) and was incredibly shiny. After the second use, my hair became incredibly frizzy once dry and "misbehaved" so that I went back to my old hair routine. Frizz disappeared. I really wanted to like this product, and it may work for other hair types, but it was not for me. Sorry B&B.