The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel

The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel
Satsuma Shower Gel

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Citrus Nobilis, Methylparaben, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Citral, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Citrus Reticulata (Satsuma) Oil, Linalool, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Orange 4, Yellow 6.

on 5/29/2011 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My favourite shower gel! I think it smells lovely and it lasts quite a long time since I don't need to use much to get a nice lather. :)

on 4/28/2011 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this stuff. It smells just like a fresh satsuma, very bright, juicy, and fruity. It is a very refreshing scent and really wakes me up. I bought this in the jumbo pump bottle for $15 and it last forever. The lather is ok but it leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. The scent doesn't stick to my skin but I am not found of smelling like satsuma as a body scent.

on 3/20/2011 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

No one on this can argue that the smell isn't amazing. It is HEAVENLY. So refreshing and energising. I fell in love at first whiff <3
The product itself does nothing for my skin.it doesn't make it soft or dry or anything, but I don't mind because I love the smell :)
This product was kind of expensive (as all Body Shop stuff is) so I found myself really saving the shower gel for special occasions, I don't wanna waste it.
I will repurchase, for the smell alone - if it ever runs out ;)

on 3/17/2011 9:11:00 PM

I just really really love this scent and am so sad that it is discontinued in Australia (with brief periods of availability as a ltd ed). The gel part of it is nothing special, certainly nothing natural, but it does the job. It's the warm mandarin scent that wins me over every time I use it.

on 11/5/2010 7:56:00 PM

It's freshing, good smell, but I don't find it that impressive. maybe because i'm not a big fan of satsuma. I don't know why it is so popular.

on 10/11/2010 8:38:00 AM

I am so in love with the Satsuma fragrance. <3 The body gel is so awesome. You can use it as a bubble bath too. The smell lingers during and even after your shower for a short time. It doesn't seem to linger on the body (I wish it did). It is the perfect scent to wake you up in the morning. Love, Love!

on 9/17/2010 11:53:00 PM

I have tons of gels, and I finally rotated back this past summer. Bright and fun, and I detected some scent mid day still. I did not find this drying. I will leave some for next summer. It seems to be a classic I can always go back to!

on 8/25/2010 7:16:00 AM

Every time I open this I am brought back to childhood. My father would buy this (in the original bottle and all that) as a treat every now and again.
The scent is a sweet satsuma, not entirely natural, but nice nevertheless.
When it comes to how it works...like any other shower gel, it leaves me clean and nice smelling. It is a bit drying (which is why it gets a four) but then...most shower gels are.
I have a large bottle of this, bought on sale, and have used it for about two months now and am not even half through the bottle. A little goes a long way, especially used with a puff or a pair of scrubbing gloves.
I would probably not repurchase this, at least not right now. Mainly, because I like to try new shower soaps and gels. But also because I am already wishing it would just be used up a little bit faster because the scent gets boring, day in and day out.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I first have to say that I love the scent of this shower gel. It smells juicy and luscious, a very refreshing scent. Now on to the bad, it contains SLS and parabens, not exactly natural. When I used it my skin was left tight, dry and a little itchy. So I will not repurchase. It's a shame though because I do love the scent of this.

on 7/23/2010 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

True, the smell is wonderful. Bright, citrusy, very uplifting. But the gel itself....artificial everything under the sun. Anything known to give rashes or aggravate sensitive skin or be of possible concern is in there....harsh sulfates, parabens by the multiple, artificial colors and yeah artificial fragrance too. I found it very drying, and it is humid summer here when I almost never even need body lotion. I'll add some oil to the formula and hopefully I can use it up. ETA: the oil didn't help, and it made me itch like mad. Plus the cap broke off after ONE drop in the shower. Had to toss it.