The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel

The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Citrus Nobilis, Methylparaben, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Citral, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Citrus Reticulata (Satsuma) Oil, Linalool, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Orange 4, Yellow 6.

on 6/13/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I adore this body wash! You can't help but be happy and ready to face the day when you use this. The scent is amazing and so very uplifting! I uses this especially on bad weather days to start me off in a good mood. Just because the it's stormy outside mean that I can't smell like the equivalent of sunshine!! One of the very best products available from The Body Shop.

on 5/24/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love the smell- it's quite intoxicating :) I feel as though it cleans pretty well; my only complaint is that is seems a little finicky when I use it with my Salux. Sometimes it needs like 5-7 pumps to get a good lather going while sometimes it seems like it needs fewer.

on 5/20/2012 4:02:00 AM

This stuff is like liquid sunshine! Such a bright, beautiful scent which is not at all synthetic. A little bit is required with a bath lily and it foams like a dream leaving skin feeling soft to touch and not at all dry! One bottle lasts ages and if you can get one during their sales (they have plenty) then its an absolute steal!

on 12/30/2011 12:37:00 AM

The Body Shop's Satsuma shower gel holds true to its reputation as a very delicious candy citrus scent. The first time I used this in the shower, I just wanted to keep showering to take in the scent which had spread with the steam. I used with a shower pouf and it lathered decently, although I had to use quite a few pumps (see below...).

Other than that, this shower gel does not do as much as other shower gels in the same price range. The fragrance is unnatural and very sweet ("Fragrance" is near the top of the ingredients list far from "satsuma oil"), and so is the bright orange color. I do not get the moisturizing effect it advertises at all, which I'm thinking is because this shower gel is so watery that it negates any potential effect of the oils in the gel. I bought this in the largest size which comes with a pump, and because the product is so runny, I have to use around four pumps every time I shower.

I would not buy this again, even for the delicious scent, because I think this is an average quality watery shower gel. I will enjoy what I have left though, but I won't really miss it.

on 12/28/2011 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This my absolute favorite. I have been wearing this scent for well over 10 yrs and I still get compliments. I have this in my bathroom at all times. The scent is STRONG. It is the absolute in fruity scents. I love it. You can smell it over any cologne and I like to layer my scents so the ones I want to smell it will smell it... ... My daughter and stepdaughter love it also. This is the scent everyone asks for as a Christmas gift.
I wore it to a doctor's appointment when I was pregnant. I put the same scented lotion on top of it. You could smell me all over the doctor's office. I smelled like freshly cut oranges and tangerines (it's somewhere in that citrus-like smell). The whole office asked me what I was wearing. They were amazed when I told them is was my body wash and lotion.

on 12/7/2011 11:10:00 PM

I try to mix it up between soaps and shower gels, and the Satsuma Soap and Shower Gel is high on my list. As a soap, it isn't life-changing, but I usually have it in my guest shower, and friends seem to like it.

on 9/22/2011 3:19:00 PM

Mmmmmm, I love the smell of Satsuma! Great body wash, uplifting smell!

on 9/22/2011 5:58:00 AM

The scent is really good for my sleepy mornings. It is so zesty it actually helps me to wake up. The consistency is great. Very thick and concentrated. It feels moisturising and foams well.

Perfect to take with me on holiday, this is the kind of shower gel you want to use when the weather is warm (hence why it only gets used abroad!). The scent is refreshing in the same vein as L'Occitane's 'Verbena' but obviously a different fragrance, though still from the citrus family. It also costs a lot less than L'Occitane but does the trick when you need to clear your head and feel refreshed after your shower. I use this with the matching body lotion. Foams well and washes off easily too. A repeat buy!

on 7/19/2011 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

The only word I can think of to appropriately describe the scent of The Body Shop's Satsuma Shower Gel is intoxicating! From the bottle, the citrus scent is strong, orangey, invigorating but most importantly clean. This is a soap free shower gel, yet lathers very well on the skin. Use of a of shower puff or loofah is highly recommended with this gel to help it foam. When you step out of the shower your body is tinged with a light fruity scent, which unfortunately does not last. Lovers of the satsuma smell may want to top this up afterwards by using TBS Satsuma Body Butter. I personally use the Moringa Body Butter, although I find on initial application, the delightful, fruity scent of the satsuma helps to cut through the sometimes heady, floral scent of the moringa. Packaging is simple and attractive. The clear plastic bottle allows you to see the the clear, vivid orange of the shower gel. The colour of the gel is what draws your eye to the bottle. TBS says that the bottle is made from 30% recycled plastics and they are working on make it more. You can decide how environmentally friendly you feel the packaging is. The simple flip lid makes it easy to use in the shower. Whilst I would not say that my skin is left feeling overwhelmingly soft, I am left with an exceptional sense of cleanliness after having used this. Both gorgeous looking and smelling, this is a perfect shower gel to use in the Summer or perfect for using on those grey days where a hint of sunshine is badly needed!