Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.9

I picked this up on a whim as was an offer of 3 for 2 and I needed 2 things.

So glad I did, I normally avoid matte or long lasting lipsticks as I find them very drying but I love how this feels on. No cracking or piling at all.

I bought 08 Grand Cru, it's a gorgeous rich red, the formula seemed quite strane when i first applied it was blotches of colour and rest sheer but once i slowed down and applied another layer it real was a lovely matte velvet very pigmented colour. I've had several comments in the few hours i've been wearing it.

I've just had lunch, soup and fruit smoothie and it had come off in the middle of my bottom lip a little, not much and probably not noticeable if i wasn't looking for it.

I'll be looking to see what other colours might suit me as I'm delighted to find a matte lipstick i can wear.

on 3/18/2015 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Fantastic lipstick Love it. Stays on all day . Loveeeee it. I have it in grand cru

on 3/9/2015 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the best lip product formula i have ever used.

The rouge edition velvets apply like a thin, sheer gel but can definitely be layered plus there is plenty of playing time before they dry down. Although these have a somewhat sheer appearance they are very pigmented.
This product last longer that any formula i have tried but feels hardly noticeable on the lips, especially compared to other lip stains which can be extremely drying and uncomfortable.

I want a lip product that can last through eating a steak and drinking a few pints and this does that! I get up to 10 hours wear (with eating and drinking).

This product comes in a square clear tube with a slanted, flat doe foot applicator and with 8ml of product. The lipstick is easily visible through the plastic and the lid is also the colour of the shade.
The colours in the range include four reds, both cool and warm, two bright pinks, a peach and two mauvy/pink nudes.
I own the entire range (9) except for the darkest colour 'grand cru' which i found applied patchy and 'happy nude year' which is hard to find where i live.

The only negatives about this product are that the shade range is quiet small and a few of the colours are quiet similar, it would be great if the range included a purple, a coral, a plum or maybe an orangey shade.

Some people also do not like the smell, i would describe it as sort of like a dried/stewed fruit smell, not candy or fruit sweet but more of a cooked fig/prune scent. I like the smell but i know many people that do not like it.

These retail in store for $24 in Australia but you can sometime get them on sale for $10-$14 and they can also be bought online for a similar price. This may see expensive for a drugstore liquid lipstick but the formula is so great i would easily pay $50.

I absolutely love these lipsticks and I have them in almost every colour! It applies with a slight sheen allowing you to correct any mistakes and dries to a nice matte finish. I find these to be extremely long lasting and not overly drying on the lips. I love the shade Nude as an everyday colour and often get people asking what lippie im wearing. I generally apply in the morning, lunch and possibly after work and the colour stays bright. Some of the red shades are fab for a night out and I dont find that these fade as fast when drinking.

Basically I cant get enough of these and I would highly recommend.

After reading a favorable review, I purchased this at the local Shoppers Drug Mart. It's a drugstore brand with a boutique price tag of $23 CAD.
Color pay off is intense. It applies as a liquid with a slight sheen but dries down to a velvet matte in seconds.
If you color outside your lipline you can easily wipe the excess away. The trick is to apply a light layer, not to much so it can dry quicker and evenly.
I apply in the morning before I go to work and at the end of the day, after eating and drinking my lips are still stained a nice shade, that has faded to be sure, but has faded so it looks natural.
I have it in 04 Peach Club, which is a unique color. Too bad this only comes in 6 shades- most of them red.

I bought the shade "nude". At first when i applied it, it looked super bright and i thought oh no this is not for me, but after a few wears it really grew on me.
It does have a horrible chemical fragrance which is quite offputting. Plus the applicator has a tendancy to put too much product on and you end up having to wipe the excess off at the side of the tube, or take it off your lips.
But wow, the matte shades are super sexy and glamourous! And they last for ages and ages. I put mine on at 8 am and by 4, it had faded to a natural looking stain, still traceable and lovely looking. It feels light too, and velvety, not at all drying.
A very nice product indeed. It makes me feel good when i wear it.
( just a tip though- if you like intense, matte colours on your lips also try rimmel' s intense colour lipliner- doesnt last as long as Bourjois but the same intense effect at half the price -4)

on 2/14/2015 1:42:00 PM

Gorgeous, aptly named, velvety texture. Stays put forever, and it's less drying than other long stay formulas. It dries matte and beautiful. Shades are interesting and wearable, I have nude-ist and franbourjois, but the range is very small, they should put a few more, perhaps softer shades out there.

on 1/12/2015 3:20:00 AM

I bought this in a light fuchsia color called Ping Pong. I couldn`t wait to go home and try it, and once I opened the tube I almost passed out, I felt so nauseated. While the color looked pretty, the smell of vinyl?, fresh paint?, something rotten?, just punched me in the nose, and I really don`t have such a good sense of smell. It was so gross I couldn`t even bring myself to apply it to my lips, straight into the trash bin it flew. I would have returned it right away, but unfortunately I`d purchased it at a Sephora in Budapest and now I was on my way to Helsinki. Could it have been a defective product? I guess I`ll never know, but the experience has been bad enough to put me off this Bourjois range.

I have in 08 Grand Cru , I love the colour and it dose feel like velvet on my lips, the only problem I have is applying it, I have to do it in small dots to get the colour because if I apply like normal lipstick, my lips turn a pinky sheer colour that is horrid. It's a good product but I don't recommend it for beginners in makeup x

on 1/3/2015 10:10:00 PM

Ping Pong (bright bluet pink) is the one I bought for summer. It looks amazing and when I wear it I constantly get asked about it. I wear it 2 ways. 1- thick lip liner then colour in the middle and blend it in. Great day time look. 2- double the layer and it's potent day or night. Lip balm is a must and the colour is as in the bottle. Lasts up 4-10 hours depending on the look you go for. Plus texture is lovely 😊

Popular Lipsticks