Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.9

on 5/3/2014 11:56:00 PM

I have this long-wearing lip colour in the shade 03 Hot Pepper, which is a neutral red (not blue, nor orangey). Red is a lip colour that simply won't go out of fashion, and there's good reason for this; it looks good on everyone. It's classic and timeless.
This lip colour goes on smoothly and dries to a matte finish. It claims to last for up to 24hrs, have a light texture and be extremely comfortable, and let me tell you, it really is light and comfortable, for sure. The whole 24hr lip colour thing is always a little (ok, rather more than a little) exaggerated if I'm honest, but this lip colour stayed looking good for around 6-8hrs before I decided to take it off and reapply. There's no need for lip liner either as this doesn't bleed, like a lot of red lipsticks have done to me in the past. It withstood me eating and drinking, felt really light, and most of all it didn't dry my lips out (a lot of long-wearing lip colours have a tendency to do this to me). It has become my favourite red lip colour, and I most certainly will be repurchasing this in the future. This is kind of a big thing for me as I am not a huge matte-lip colour fan, but this has certainly made it into my top 5 lipsticks.
(The pics I've uploaded are from my blog, so sorry about the writing on them - please just ignore it - I just wanted to show the product and colour!)